It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC police beat man in Walmart as horrified shoppers beg officers to stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
We should hold off on determining who is at fault until the investigation is done. I for one would like to know what the issue was and ultimately if the person was either having a medical reason for his actions or was it due to that he was either drunk or on something.

Is there a difference...right okay boys, this guy is pistachio'ed do the old hammer head thingy, wait now, me first.

edit on 25-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I like cookies. I have found when people prompt other to learn it comes off as weakness in the argument. That being said both sides right and left have bought into the lie. Paul was the only one standing alone and it showed.

Progressive ideals rule this society and it is a sickness. We can argue symptoms all day but until we argue the disease nothing will be solved.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You are just trying to re write history. I may be scum but you are evil.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I see the progressive agenda for what it really is. The rights of the masses are not more important than the rights of the individual.

Until people see this the police state will continue to grow out of control. What exactly is caustic about this? Spin away.

You are arguing outside of a political paradigm, it would seem.

"Right" is caustic.

"Left" is caustic.

Individual rights are the only thing that is not.

To quote the genius you replied to:

I watched a boxing match a few weeks ago where this poor soul was in a corner and getting the snot clobbered out of him. I wonder if, in his mind at the time, he was debating whether the left or the right fist was "better".

???

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
Progressive ideals rule this society and it is a sickness. We can argue symptoms all day but until we argue the disease nothing will be solved.

"Progressive ideals" are what move this, and any, country forward to adapt to the ever-changing needs and rights of society. "Conservative," ""liberal" and "independent" ideals can all be classified as "progressive."

Please check your vocabulary, and explain to me what the "disease" you are referring to is, because I do not want to argue a point we are not both in understanding about..

CX
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I spent many years in the military police, dealing with soldiers in all kinds of units, lads that have often been taught to fight well.....and i can honestly say i never once had to punch someone i was going to arrest. We didn't need to, if you are trained well enough in restraint and arrest techniques, you shouldn't have to.

To me that just demonstrates a loss of temper. Thats not only dangerous but seriously unprofessional. I'm not saying you don't get ticked off with some people, and sometimes it ends up as a bit of a wrestle before you can get a hold on them, but if you find yourself consistantly losing your rag with people, it's time to look for another job.

CX.
edit on 25/8/14 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

its stuff like this that i especially dont get. i worked at a job where we had to physically restrain violent individuals on a regular basis. some were drunk or on drugs, but that didnt change the procedure, because we all had very specific training in it. i was an instructor. this guy should have been an easy restraint and cuff. i see a lot of these videos, and cant figure out why.. cops have training very very similar to what i did (i worked in behavioral/drug/alcohol hospitals, etc). why does it so often look like an awkward wrestling match? is it just individual officers that need more practice or teamwork or do some departments just have ineffective training? the punching is terrible, obviously, but its almost secondary to the controlled restraint. yeah, that cop is an idiot and lost his sh*t, obviously, but why couldnt 2 officers restrain and cuff him quickly and efficiently in the first place? he appeared very drunk, NON-assaultive, thats the easiest restraint there is..
edit on 25-8-2014 by gemdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
here is an honest question. Why don't people step in and stop the police from beating him? We stand around, record, plea with, beg, watch........ everything but step in and say enough is enough? I have not been around to see a brutal police beating with my own two eyes, but as certain as the sun rises in the morning, if I see this in front of me, I will have no choice but to stop the police, and if need be defend myself if I have to. This is soooo wrong on soooo many levels, why do we allow this to continue, and do nothing?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

"Assaulting an officer" is a felony.

Unless you want to be career blacklisted, stepping in is a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Can the citizens arrest the police office on the spot?

Be like officer, your are under arrest, 1st, before they start making arrests.

Seems like the witnesses are there and have a moral and civil duty and obligation and it is more of a good Samaritan act.

Without bothering to watch the video, as this may be one for the legal department!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That all depends, what if you saw an officer raping a person or another act, that is no doubt, a punishable offense...

Would you not then, be required to step in, like seeing a accident and not stopping to render aid, is going a stretch to far, though allowing the crime to be committed without making an arrest of the perpetrator, could have connotations, that go beyond, just "witness"

Be good one for legal scholar and classroom debate and again, what is a "Citizen's rights" and how it applies to making arrests and if it is biased and does not apply to law enforcement or government officials or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

If a person is high on drugs, or drunk, a tazer may or may not work. There have been a few reports, where the person was stoned off their rumps and it took 5 officers to take the person down. They tazed him, they used pepper spray, they even tried the batons and nothing was stopping the person. in the end it took 5 officers to subdue this person.

As I have stated time and time again, before judging, one needs to get all of the facts. What if the person was stoned or was drunk? Tazing may not work, and hitting with a baton is far worse than a fist, as the force behind it can do some serious damage.

So I am going to say before condemning, lets get all of the facts. The reality is the person did not comply with the officers, he did fight back. No one knows what the state of the person was at the time. We can not say if he was high or drunk, nor can they say if he had medical problems, until all of the reports come out and the investigation is done.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Obviously you could stop anyone from committing a grave personal crime against another without facing consequences (generally speaking, provisions would apply).

But your first concern would need to be self preservation. Approaching an armed man, cop or not, and seeking conflict would be ill advised.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes there is a difference. In legality of his being. If he had medical issues, then the way the police and Walmart handled this, opens this up to legal trouble. If he was drunk or on narcotics, then it could be used against him in jail.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Why should we not use the face of a criminal? Why should we not be outraged that cops are meting out punishment including death? If we aren't willing to stand up and call # what it is, we don't have a chance.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Totally concur and witnessing a crime, is witnessing a crime, and stopping it and making an arrest applies, to everY citizen equally, without Prejudice, in regards to role in society and is non-discriminatory and for sure not talking about taking the law into ones on hand, and being judge and jury...only make an arrest of the persons committing the crimes, as protecting a fellow wal mart shopper who is being wronged or some other victim, from being assaulted in a manner that, may be considered abusive and excessive, should be up to the person making the arrest and let a judge and jury decide and as far as the amount of force to make the arrest, well, again, our legal scholars are best to answer that one, as well!

edit on 25-8-2014 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am saying we should find out the condition of the person, if it was medical or due to either being drunk or on drugs.

There are cases of where a person, on drugs requires more force to take down, than one who is not on drugs.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Can you show me a single case where a "citizen's arrest" of a cop engaging in an arrest of his own ended well, not in the death of the "arresting citizen" and the cop was found guilty in a court of law?

Cuz I will use it as my legal-precedence defense next time I take take your advice,.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I am saying we should find out the condition of the person, if it was medical or due to either being drunk or on drugs.

There are cases of where a person, on drugs requires more force to take down, than one who is not on drugs.

Does being drunk or on drugs constitute the use of illegal force? Cops can call for backup if *legal use of force* is not sufficient.

This man was unarmed. He was resisting arrest, not threatening others in any significant way. He was sitting on the ground. That calls for backup, not illegal use of force.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just got done watching videos on 2 other websites that show police brutality similar to what this video on this OP shows. Only, it was women and children being abused by police. In one video, a woman was asleep on a park bench and didn't move quick enough when approached by police, and was literally dragged from the bench, thrown to the ground and punched in the head 20 times...yes, 20 times, you can actually sit there and count the blows. She was not armed and did not appear to be violent or belligerent, just slow moving and perhaps sleepy/confused. Didn't deserve that kind of pummeling regardless.

The other video showed police pull over a car and brutalize a women and her 4 kids. They were looking for a beige compact car with 4 black males with a possible weapon. They pulled over this lady in a BURGANDY colored car, not even the same make/model the dispatcher mentioned and she had small kids and a teenager with her. They got her out of the car, cuffed her and she was not resisting but very scared and crying and one poor lil 6 yr. old boy got out with his hands above his head and you could clearly hear all the other kids crying and screaming in the car. Scared the entire family for a giant mistake. The woman was very traumatized as were the kids. These kinds of incidents are getting out of hand.

Some folks mention better training is needed and that may be so...just not in Israel where some police are being trained complete with paid for trips to there or sometimes Israeli police coming here to train them. Whichever, If we allow such tactics for training here we will all become "people of Gaza" right here in our own country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join