posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
Concerning the follow up on the event itself; it has been quite of a disappointment so far;
- I've been in contact with a couple of companies that monitor all lightning activities worldwide and none of them have recorded ANY lightning or
electrical activities in a 500Nm (about 950km) radius from the place where we saw the bright flash. This does NOT mean there was not a regular
lightning bolt, since they cannot register every single one and generally capture about 70-85% of all lightning strikes, but the chances that it was a
lightning strike are close to zero since it was a very bright and very energetic lightning strike and no activity at ALL was recorded over that part
of the Pacific for hours before and after our sighting. It would have been picked up in all likeliness.
- I did not get any official feedback from the FAA or other (aviation) authorities, other then some informal emails from FAA-employees who love the
story and are wondering among themselves what it could have been. Very nice people, but no official inquiries, statements or reports. This does not
mean they are hiding something, maybe they are just not interested.
- No seismic activities have been recorded in this part of the ocean during the time of the event, according to official institutes.
- Some other pilots (with other airlines, but trustworthy) told me they saw some red lights too over that part of the ocean a few days later, though
no official reports or photos taken. Could indicate a (somewhat strange) fishing fleet or perhaps some military exercise.
- Kamchatka-based Russian scientists contacted me and are suspecting we've seen some very bright 'earthquake lights' that are very often reported
in Kamchatka since many centuries. Though they look extremely bright and highly concentrated, it could make sense concerning the seismic activities of
last few weeks.
- A Hungarian journalist that is very interested in this subject, contacted me and told me Putin allegedly said in an interview a few weeks ago Russia
might possess a new type of hyper modern weapon that is currently in a test phase. I cannot confirm this, neither do I want to put too much
credibility into this theory.
- If we would have overflown a nuclear test site, or another place with extreme nuclear radiation, I would have felt the results of the exposure.
Radiation sickness did not occur to me or my colleague, so I safely assume we were not exposed to unusual levels of radiation.
All in all, I still have no clue what this could be, though it 'might' just be an unusual Japanese fishing fleet... or a Russian/Indian navel
fleet... or... ? I just dont know actually... and I begin to think we will never find out what was there below us.