It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: weirdguy

Perhaps there was a disco in the cockpit, that looks like an 80's dancefloor.

We should ask Travolta, disco, pilot, likes aliens.

He should have video'd instead of just photo.

ha ha I was actually looking for disco dance floors because that is what the photos reminded me of, to find something strikingly similar says a lot I think.
one of these,

plus one of these

plus one of these,

equals one of these,

lol forgive my talentless attempt but a trained graphic artist could do a much better job.

People can guess about volcanoes, magnetic field fluctuation, sprites etc. But the only thing that has come close to being visually similar is that clip I linked from shutterstock. We don't even know if the pics came from a real pilot, even then they are just people too. So I'm gonna call hoax, I may be wrong but I really don't see any other explaination. Now, it must be time to boogie woogie.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Have you actually been to the original site where he posts his images?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
a reply to: bdotz

wow, thats awesome that this story got picked up on a news site. even if it is Daily Mail.co.uk

Any other "news" sites got it too? I would like to confirm its being taken "serious".

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

I saw it on the Metro UK newspaper a couple of days ago.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah I see your point but I truly doubt that he hoaxed this. It would mean that the pilot is in on it too.

BTW ISS is going over there very soon.

How can you NOT doubt it? Are you saying its IMPOSSIBRU that the pilot is in on it? Many UFO and Cropcircle hoaxers have worked in pairs. The same with many comedians too. And they all make me laugh whenever they reveal the truth. Comedians truth hurts more often though, but hoaxers truly show how easy it is to fool people in this day and age. And that makes me laugh. Most people are simply not willing to be skeptical and loves to jump to their own conclusions.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Right on.

link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

I saw it on the Metro UK newspaper a couple of days ago.

Aight cool.

link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot
Sure, I've been to that site. The comments on there are the same as what has been said in this thread.
Volcanos blah blah, Methane gas blah blah..... not one disco! can you believe it?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OK, the ISS has just passed over the area and I've finally managed to get some screenshots.
Here is the position map.

And here is a zoom of the area.

Obviously not the best, but with the camera's changing all the time and cutting off it's the best I've seen in the last few days.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think UKWO1Phot meant that you can affirm that he is a real pilot by checking out the huge amount of aerial shots he has taken over the years.
Or are you telling me that he has led a fake life all this time by posing as a pilot

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot`

Starred! Nice work, thnx for showing us
!

Though that might be the sun.
edit on 29-8-2014 by AnonymousWitness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

OK, the ISS has just passed over the area and I've finally managed to get some screenshots.

Obviously not the best, but with the camera's changing all the time and cutting off it's the best I've seen in the last few days.

The SUN. Finally its solved.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I wonder if the flash at the start is a spark caused by rubbing between giant rocks. I watched in a documentary that a similar effect was seen during an earthquake in Japana. A glow, which was explained by the mountains rubbing together like flintstones. Which could be applicable here if volcanic and seismic activity are suspected.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

The SUN. Finally its solved.

Don't be a dick. The sun is nowhere near up in that shot and would be centered in the middle of the light arc, not on the edge.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Maybe the sun or the lights from the coastline.
But it's a shot from the ISS of the whole area at night.

What have you done for the thread?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
oh ok thanks for pointing that out Anon. Well, being a pilot is an accolade don't get me wrong but they are just ordinary men. Kind of like the guy in this pic.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Maybe the sun or the lights from the coastline.
But it's a shot from the ISS of the whole area at night.

What have you done for the thread?

One of the pictures is a picture of an Earth rise. The Sun always shines on the horizon.
I just have to remain sceptic. Got a problem with that? Then you shouldnt be here. For now, for me, its just a couple of guys fkn with everyone, and have had equally fun with Photoshop.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
oh ok thanks for pointing that out Anon. Well, being a pilot is an accolade don't get me wrong but they are just ordinary men. Kind of like the guy in this pic.

Exactly. For some reason, pilots are found more credible than other normal human beings.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The orange and red glow reminds me of the effect the rainbow bombs"nukes shot from space" leave Behring when exploding in the atmosphere. I realize it sounds like this effect was created underwater and there are other things that look different in these pics from what I am suggesting. I am curious if it may be another type of bomb. Definitely seems like so.etching to Do with the quakes, possibly a device or bomb being triggered to cause the quakes and the glow is a side effect. Pretty cool pics.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Got a question for you and Jungian.

If he hoaxed this, then what did he exactly hoax? UFO? Nope he never mentioned that. Underwater creatures? Nope he didn't say that.

He did say that it was possible that it was a fleet of fishing boats or maybe underwater volcano.

So tell me... what EXACTLY was he trying to hoax (if he even hoaxed this)?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't see how you think that I believe that it's "IMPOSSIBRU" for the co-pilot to hoax this and that the pilot would have to be on to it? I never said that. It's CERTAINLY possible. We've had our share of hoaxes here on ATS. It isn't the first time and certainly isn't going to be the last time.

I am saying that I believe that it is unlikely but this does warrant further investigation. If it turns out to be an hoax, then we'll move on. As simple as that.

I do not know why you are trying to preach to us that it is possible for co-pilot to have hoaxed this? WE ALREADY KNOW THAT. weirdguy was trying to demonstrate how it can be done with photoshop. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT YOU CAN PHOTOSHOP ANYTHING. Heck any photos can be photoshopped these days.

We should not give up investigating mysterious phenomenon even if they turn out to be hoaxes.

Also, you and weirdguy have not debunked this yet.

And FYI??? I am a skeptic myself too. Many posters in this thread are skeptics too.

Also, I have debunked several threads and pictures on ATS myself.

edit on 8/29/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join