It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousWitness

Looking at the pictures the red glow seems to be too uniform to be lava. They look more like glowing circles, if it was lava it would be very strange that all of them are so circular because even underwater as the lava goes up it would move towards one general area on each spot, and that's not what we see here. But I could be wrong.

Whatever the source it seems to also be interacting with Earth's atmosphere. South of the Kamchatka peninsula would put this very close to the general area of Japan.

I do wonder if this is related with something I reported recently here

In the past 7 months the weakening of Earth's magnetic field seems to have increased 10x faster than it was doing before, and despite this weakening some areas have been strengthening, and this would be one of those areas.

There is of course the possibility that whatever the source of this events is not related, but it's quite a coincidence.

edit on 26-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Perhaps a meteor heading down. it would account for the sky streak and the rest as steam would also rise,

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Now this really has me intrigued because it seems that a similar event occurred south of Madagascar which is another area in which Earth's magnetic field has strengthened. However, this other event was captured by observation from the space shuttle, and similarly like this new event before the glow there was a lightning flash. it was classified as a new type of event.

However, this event occurred in 2004.

Space shuttle observation of an unusual transient atmospheric emission
Yoav Yair,1 Colin Price,2 Baruch Ziv,1 Peter L. Israelevich,2 Davis D. Sentman,3
Fernanda T. Sa˜o-Sabbas,4 Adam D. Devir,1 Mitsuteru Sato,5 Craig J. Rodger,6
Meir Moalem,2 Eran Greenberg,2 and Ofer Yaron2
Received 17 September 2004; revised 11 November 2004; accepted 10 December 2004; published 18 January 2005.

[1] We report an observation of an unusual transient luminous event (TLE) detected in the near IR, south of Madagascar above the Indian Ocean. The event was imaged from the space shuttle Columbia during the MEIDEX sprite campaign [Yair et al., 2004]. It was delayed 0.23 seconds from a preceding visual lightning flash which was horizontally displaced >1000 km from the event. The calculated brightness in the 860 (±50) nm filter was 310 ± 30 kR, and the morphology of the emitting volume did not resemble any known class of TLE (i.e., sprites, ELVES or halos). This TIGER event (Transient Ionospheric Glow Emission in Red) may constitute a new class of TLE, not necessarily induced by a near-by thunderstorm.

We discuss possible generation mechanisms, including the conjugate sprite hypothesis caused by lightning at the magnetic mirror point, lightning-induced electron precipitation and an extraterrestrial source, meteoric or
cometary.
Citation: Yair, Y., et al. (2005), Space shuttle observation of an unusual transient atmospheric emission,
Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, L02801, doi:10.1029/2004GL021551.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Unfortunately we do not know if this other event that occurred in 2004 was also occurring under the ocean because it was observed from space.

edit on 26-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just want to add my voice to the chorus that this is likely a very accurate accounting, as far as source and photos, of something unusual.

It's likely a subsurface volcano ... but the one picture showing a circular green light (with circular red and white lights) ... as well as the description of the (possibly unrelated) unusual bright flash that came from the general direction, gives me pause.

There are a myriad of unknowns that have been recorded on this globe... and the oceans are rife with those reports. The strange miles in diameter glowing, revolving circle recorded by ships in the Indian ocean in the early 20th century come to mind.

I am glad the OP brought this to our collective attention! Thanks for that... and I'm curious as heck as to what it really IS.
edit on 8/26/2014 by Baddogma because: edited for clarity

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The pilot commented it looked more like lightning. Not a streak. To me this tells me it is related to Earth's magnetic field, because the two areas seemed to have interacted before the red glow under the ocean started.

Here is another link reporting this latest event.

www.dailynews724.com... ght-h218361.html

edit on 26-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Wow..Excellent post, and interesting sighting.

My quick observation is, in one of their pics, on the "Link to PBase.com story", they provide the camera info and settings. The shutter speed is set for 30 seconds(unless I mis-read that info). I'm not a photo expert, though I am an amateur photographer. If a shutter is open for 30 seconds, and is typical, if the camera is sitting on a tri-pod, very still, to take night sky shots. It is physically impossible to hold a camera steady enough by hand and leave the shutter open this long to not have a blurry mess of a photo on your hands.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Are you really just trying to prove to us that photographs can easily be faked? OK, we get it. Now prove that this photographer faked these photos or move along to curmudgeon another post.
a reply to: VoidHawk

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: smurfy

Hi smurfy.
As I said earlier, I'll not comment on whether the pics are genuine. My gripe is those stating that they cant be faked, or would be very difficult and require a lot of time, and thinking thats cause to laugh at another member who had doubts about whether the pics are real.

Here's another, took me longer to find the pics than it did to create, imagine what could be done if I spent a couple of hours on it!

Hi Void,
Looking back at my post I see there is room for confusion. I was making the point that the pilot had no need to do any photoshop, (in fact I'm still not sure if photoshop can handle the Nikon raw files because they are so big) since they more than likely flew over the new island, Niijima after leaving Hong Kong, and that island is doing everything that is in the picture for free, no need to photoshop at all. If he wanted to fake all he needed do was to say his sighting was somewhere else, like as he did say, somewhere south of Kamchatka. I've no doubt either that just about anything nowadays can be photoshopped, but why spend time on it when there was no need?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't know how to make this happen, but it would be great to hear from other pilots who fly over the same area. The pilots who saw this said they go that way about once a month and I'm sure they will have their eyes peeled and camera ready for activity, and maybe this time take video. But it would be great if others have been there or are going soon could be on the lookout. Also I hope we get updates from any investigations about volcanic or other activity.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

originally posted by: nataylor
The ocean depth in the area is around 16,000 feet. There's no way you're going to see the light from lava through 3 miles of water.

The lights are from boats. It looks just like a fishing fleet. The only unusual thing is that they're using red lights (although you can see some of them are using the more common whiteish/greenish/yellowish lights you usually see from fishing fleets).

If you look at the mounds that are there in the Google Earth photo based on their approximate location, and consider that it is in an area where lots of volcanos are known to be (both active and inactive), how do you know how high that particular volcano is? That is pure speculation on your part, unless you have a source that can identify the height of that particular volcano. Based on the scale on Google, and it being roughly seven miles wide, it could easily be close enough to the surface and be ejecting lava with enough force to light up the water. Not only that, but with a long exposure, the color of lava rising through the water is going to transition as it heats, expands, cools, bursts, etc., all of which are going to show as different colors in the exposure.

Yeah, that "volcano" (we don't even know if it's a volcano or an extinct cinder cone) peaks at a depth of of about 10,500 feet. Still far too deep for any lava to be visible on the surface.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

This may be the pilot/photographer could lend credence to it being truth?

Born in 1983 in Holland, I have been interested in aviation and photography since years and decided from early on I wanted to become a pilot.

www.airplane-pictures.net...

Seems that he flies for Cargolux. I know a pilot who works for them who I bump into every now and then....when I next see him I will ask him about this....surely all the pilots get the same debrief of such events?...

Cool thread....seriously doubt a pilot working for such a company would go and hoax this

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Could it have been this???

Hypersonic weapon destroyed

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Char-Lee

The pilot commented it looked more like lightning. Not a streak. To me this tells me it is related to Earth's magnetic field, because the two areas seemed to have interacted before the red glow under the ocean started.

Here is another link reporting this latest event.

www.dailynews724.com... ght-h218361.html

i couldn't find it in your link, but since he saw it 30 mins away and clearly it was fast it might not have been lightning. there is that possibility I feel.

very powerful flash of lightning, only much shorter and much brighter

The flash was about 25-30 minutes before we flew over this area, so very far away. It looked like a very powerful flash of lightning, only much shorter and much brighter. Also, it appeared that the flash was directed upward, as if a huge flash of lightning shot upwards from a big cloud.

Before and after no flashes were seen in the dark night, which is a bit odd in case of a thunderstorm.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A bit speculative but if there have been tests on Hypersonic Weapons in Alaska recently, and if this isn't the first time they have destroyed one it may have had far-reaching consequences for the environment.

Experimental Hypersonic Weapon destroyed near Alaska

A hypersonic weapon being developed by the U.S. military was destroyed four seconds after its launch from a test range in Alaska early on Monday after controllers detected a problem with the system, the Pentagon said.

The weapon is part of a program to create a missile that will destroy targets anywhere on Earth within an hour of getting data and permission to launch.

The mission was aborted to ensure public safety, and no one was injured in the incident, which occurred shortly after 4 a.m. EDT at the Kodiak Launch Complex in Alaska, said Maureen Schumann, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Defense Department.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
Could it have been this???

Hypersonic weapon destroyed

No, that happened about 21 hours later and about 2000 miles away.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's my
Mothership activating, Getting ready for the impending Cataklysm. I'l need all hands on deck to operate the saucer fighter class warships and bombers.

Were going to take the greys out once and for all. Who's with me? Say HAROOO, 3 times HARROO HARROO
Were going to avoid the volcano death (That's what the cataklysm is)

The CATA has not begun yet but it is revving up. I forseen and even predicted these events back in 2013.
I'm surprised no one is making any connections from the visions i shared last year about the speeding up of the decrustation of the Earth.

The mothership in the Atlanic will become fully operational in a short while. The Ancient Earth Defence system is activated and needs target chords. Within the coming year E.T will become more prominent in the skies. Asteroid sightings will become more frequent as they already have from my previous prediction. When it all winds down before the super volcanos blow. The End of the human species on Earth unless we defend our home.

edit on 26-8-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I suggested TLE or Terrestrial Gamma Ray Flash a few pages back in the thread, IMO it is an obvious possibility and seeing as such things are a recent found phenomena, there is likely much that is not yet known by science about them.

Anti matter explosions, Terrestrial Gamma ray flash map

edit on 26-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, that "volcano" (we don't even know if it's a volcano or an extinct cinder cone) peaks at a depth of of about 10,500 feet. Still far too deep for any lava to be visible on the surface.

Thing is when it comes to volcanoes, 'Extinct' only seems to mean, unlikely to erupt again, not never.
The newly discovered, (as a single volcano) extinct, underwater Tamu Massif is also in the general area East of Japan, and it's big, a 120,000 Sq miles big, the size of the UK, and some US states in comparison, and unusually,* low lying.
No, I'm not saying that Tamu has come alive as it clearly hasn't since it's beens studied for the last 20 years just to establish that it is a singular volcano, but it does look like land rises come and go 'commonly' enough in that part of the world. What the pilots saw could yet be another new island, or maybe just not break the surface, and even those that do can disappear after some time.

*Because it appears established that Tamu Massif is a single volcano, research into other underwater 'plateau' areas around the world will be undertaken to see if some of them are also single mega volcanoes.
edit on 26-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Except, there's no way a volcano could go from 10,000 feet deep to breaking through the surface in a mater of years (the last major bathymetric survey in the area was in 2008). You don't see 10,000 foot volcanic mountains popping up overnight.
edit on 26-8-2014 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

The ocean depth in the area is around 16,000 feet. There's no way you're going to see the light from lava through 3 miles of water.

The lights are from boats. It looks just like a fishing fleet. The only unusual thing is that they're using red lights (although you can see some of them are using the more common whiteish/greenish/yellowish lights you usually see from fishing fleets).

If you look at the mounds that are there in the Google Earth photo based on their approximate location, and consider that it is in an area where lots of volcanos are known to be (both active and inactive), how do you know how high that particular volcano is? That is pure speculation on your part, unless you have a source that can identify the height of that particular volcano. Based on the scale on Google, and it being roughly seven miles wide, it could easily be close enough to the surface and be ejecting lava with enough force to light up the water. Not only that, but with a long exposure, the color of lava rising through the water is going to transition as it heats, expands, cools, bursts, etc., all of which are going to show as different colors in the exposure.

If we don't know if it's a volcano or an extinct cylinder cone, than how on earth can you know that it peaks at a depth of 10,500 feet?

Please provide a source for this otherwise it is just hearsay on your part. I put the latitude and longitude into several sites that track volcanos and could not find an identification or any data.

You should encourage others to do the research by providing links, otherwise the debate will be against you and not the facts you claim.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join