It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousWitness
a reply to: carewemust

I'm hoping to present the higher resolution photos tomorrow, may the photographer/co-pilot release them.
This and some answers to questions asked earlier in the thread was presented a few pages ago.

Could you ask the photographer if the lights on the ocean surface appeared to move at all?? Like actual lava flows, or did they seem to be stationary? or maybe some flickering of the light?

I'm starting to wonder if some of those seafloor methane vents could have caught fire somehow and we have flaming bubbles of methane rising to the surface...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamfox1
Check out Google earth at that location at sea. It looks like a volcano is under the ocean there.

N 47 E 160

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow! Nice investigative work!!

Looking at your picture.... that underwater volcano according to the scale on Google Maps, is almost 7 miles across. That is a MONSTER volcano! If that thing is erupting under the ocean, and we are just now realizing it, it could explain so many things, such as the jelly-fish like creatures that washed up on the west coast recently.

I hope this isn't the Tamu Massif volcano discovered in 2013 at the bottom of the Pacific... it's roughly close to the same area, and it's been deemed the largest volcano on earth. I hope that's not what they saw...

Off to do some research on that area....

Thanks! Star for you!!

~Namaste
edit on 26-8-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Can't be Tamu Massif... it's located almost 10 degrees south latitude from the location in that picture. If that location is correct (44N 160E), then it would be too far away to be Tamu Massif.

EDIT: Looking at the location of on Google Maps, considering the direction the picture was taken (appears to be looking East), the flight path, I am convinced that the volcano shown on Google Maps is erupting under the water.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm in south Louisiana, pretty close to the Gulf. On the day this happened I noticed and orange glow around dusk. It cast everything in a weird orange light, I was at work, even went outside to investigate. It was nothing like this picture though. It wasn't bright, it was just like an orange cast into everything.
Ever heard how the sky turns green during a tornado? Like that but orange.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: AnonymousWitness
a reply to: carewemust

I'm hoping to present the higher resolution photos tomorrow, may the photographer/co-pilot release them.
This and some answers to questions asked earlier in the thread was presented a few pages ago.

Could you ask the photographer if the lights on the ocean surface appeared to move at all?? Like actual lava flows, or did they seem to be stationary? or maybe some flickering of the light?

I'm starting to wonder if some of those seafloor methane vents could have caught fire somehow and we have flaming bubbles of methane rising to the surface...

These methane vents is a new phenomenon being discovered in the Atlantic and the Arctic. There are over 500 of them off the East Coast and thousands in the Arctic. Off the East Siberian shelf, the vents are so large researchers are calling them "megaflares." Being that they are popping up all over these parts of the world, it's only a matter of time that we discover them in the Pacific. There have been a lot of events happening in the Pacific (around the Ring of Fire), with massive fish die-offs and some pretty intense hurricanes, not to mention earthquakes and volcanoes. This was my first thoughts to, that this was some how one of these massive methane vents (melting methane hydrates) that caught fire. Here is a pic from below of the methane bubbles rising to the surface in the Arctic. Imagine these on fire...would it resemble the pics the pilot took?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The only thing that bothers me about that pic in the cockpit, is that the lights are also over what looks to be the pilot, Ive done long exposures before, and if you take the picture with the shutter open, and then move the camera, you can get lights where no lights are, but it would produce a streak, so who knows

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
After further review, of the cockpit picture, I think the camera must have a filter on the lense, like a lense over a lense creating these lights from the cockpit panel, If you zoom way in, you can almost match the lights to the control panel. Just look for the green light, and its just a small section of the controls being somehow reflected to create this. Personally I think even the other pics are doing the same thing, but may have been cropped out or are not in view of the cockpit.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I had to get some sleep, hence my absence for the past 8 hours.
I will forward him the question asked, and will post answers when I get them.
edit on 26-8-2014 by AnonymousWitness because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2014 by AnonymousWitness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I can’t see that it has. Just wondering why the last pic is dated 25th when the first two are dated 24th… Did the pilot pass the International Date Line? Seems he was close but hadn't actually crossed it when the pics were taken?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Any chance that the effects of the detonated hyper-sonic missile were observed here?

"An experimental hypersonic weapon developed to reach targets anywhere in the world within an hour has been destroyed by the US military four seconds after its launch "

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but it sounds like initially the pilots saw a Gamma Ray Burst. A 13yr'old amateur astronomer discovered one last year.

Now I don't know enough about the subject to say if a GRB can trigger volcanic activity, but the glow is almost certainly undersea volcanoes near the surface or breaching the surface.

See other images:

www.beachconnection.net...

www.shutterstock.com... -o-o.html

From the link to the Oregon photos

Below: parts of the Oregon coast at night look a little like the undersea volcanoes.

These are not photos of underwater volcanoes the volcano is no where near the shore and cannot be seen from the surface at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
They don't let me fly the plane. I only get to sit in the back with the rest of the cattle. One thing that now strikes me is that I don't recall ever seeing stars or a star filled sky. Ever. In all the times I have flown at night I cannot remember seeing anything like the OP's pic. I'm not saying it is faked or that I can prove fake. I would think that at 30k+ feet the stars would be clear and in abundance but like I said, as a passenger that cannot sleep and always get the window seat, I have not seen a starry sky at night.

This is exactly what I was thinking, the stars look like a desert or Icelandic sky, when flying at night I never saw the sky look like that either, but since only a pilot flies often we would not know how often it looks this way.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamfox1
Check out Google earth at that location at sea. It looks like a volcano is under the ocean there.

N 47 E 160

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If it was seen from the air like that and it produced enough steam and ash cloud to produce lighting...we may have a new island emerge really fast! if so they should certainly name it after the pilot who photographed its beginning.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But with the green aurora type effect at the same time, and at a much higher intensity that the pilot has never seen before is too much to be a coincidence. There must be a connection between those 2 things. Or their "might" be a connection..

Smoke and steam on the aurora would divuse it and has the possibility of all kinds of effects.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The ocean depth in the area is around 16,000 feet. There's no way you're going to see the light from lava through 3 miles of water.

The lights are from boats. It looks just like a fishing fleet. The only unusual thing is that they're using red lights (although you can see some of them are using the more common whiteish/greenish/yellowish lights you usually see from fishing fleets).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Here is a pic from below of the methane bubbles rising to the surface in the Arctic.

No.

That is a picture of bubbles from scuba divers rising to the surface. Perhaps in the Arctic but probably not.
It's a facebook "cover".
www.timelinecoverbanner.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
The ocean depth in the area is around 16,000 feet. There's no way you're going to see the light from lava through 3 miles of water.

The lights are from boats. It looks just like a fishing fleet. The only unusual thing is that they're using red lights (although you can see some of them are using the more common whiteish/greenish/yellowish lights you usually see from fishing fleets).

If you look at the mounds that are there in the Google Earth photo based on their approximate location, and consider that it is in an area where lots of volcanos are known to be (both active and inactive), how do you know how high that particular volcano is? That is pure speculation on your part, unless you have a source that can identify the height of that particular volcano. Based on the scale on Google, and it being roughly seven miles wide, it could easily be close enough to the surface and be ejecting lava with enough force to light up the water. Not only that, but with a long exposure, the color of lava rising through the water is going to transition as it heats, expands, cools, bursts, etc., all of which are going to show as different colors in the exposure.

I'd also consider the fact that these aren't the first times that the pilot has flown over these areas, and even more likely that they have seen many many fishing fleets below them at various speeds and locations.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousWitness
This had to be exhilarating,i can't imagine how your mind kept up.
The photos are amazing.I can't wait to hear what comes of this.
The fact you were albe to include so much info with makes it that much more exciting.
Congratulations! Blow those pics up and put them on your wall!
Were you able to note any temperature fluctuation,or would the cockpit not be able to sense this?
Would love to know how your mind is settling with this.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmicgypsy

Were you able to note any temperature fluctuation,or would the cockpit not be able to sense this?

Reread the OP and the thread

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
these lights are very interesting indeed, made all the more so by their obstinate resistance to any concensus of explanation, even here! what do i think? i have zero clue. but it's neato.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Rezlooper

Here is a pic from below of the methane bubbles rising to the surface in the Arctic.

No.

That is a picture of bubbles from scuba divers rising to the surface. Perhaps in the Arctic but probably not.
It's a facebook "cover".
www.timelinecoverbanner.com...

Haven't seen ya around Phage, good to see you. And that's your contribution to this thread. Sure did miss your wit around here!

Anyways, since that was so important to point out that these aren't methane bubbles, sorry my bad. But, here are a few more pics, and then, I'll ask the question again...could these pics in the OP be ignited methane bubbles?

The Resilient Earth

Green house Nuetral Foundation

woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

And here is a photo of a bubble exploding on a lake

Source
edit on 26-8-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join