It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and other sites with it's online Debunkers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Maybe they are just people like you and I whom have a different view on the world.
I used to believe many conspiracies before I became a member of ATS now not so much.

I know from experience there are some people who almost consistently see things wrong, it really is something in their brains, and they can be extremely pigheaded about it. They are constantly in "their brains" and have developed some kind filters with which they see the world, all it does is morphs what they see.

It`s actually really difficult to see the difference between such a person and a shill.

Personally it doesn`t matter to me, too many people can think for themselves much better now as in the past.

It`s all about the internet being full crap, so everyone needs to decide what`s good and what`s bad all the time. Because that skill is being trained more and more with most people shills or wannabees don`t matter in the long run.

You will always keep a small group who will stubbornly cling on to their believes, but in the greater scheme of things it doesn`t matter. So there is no need to get worked up about it.
edit on 25-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: skyblueworld
You've seen them, you've read their lies, you may have also laughed hard at some of their lies.
One thing is for sure though, they're real, and they work like an establishment media on forums debunking the day away.

What is ripe for being debunked, should aggressively be debunked. And most importantly, we should accept and embrace that.

Let's not forget the fanboy true-believer who holds tight to completely debunked theories/topics.

1) They refuse to mention, much less attempt to accept, the most irrefutable and damaging evidence.

2) They take great delight in embracing those conspiracy theories that are the most outrageous and require the involvement of hundreds, even thousands of people.

3) They only select "experts" who agree with their conclusion, or the conclusions of the conspiracy proponents/originators.

4) They snicker at or mock anyone who believes that government would not engage in criminal behavior, coverups, or conspiracies.

There are two sides to this coin.

I know, and the problem is working out if they're just skeptical, or just plain debunking. Which incidentally is increasingly hard to judge on ATS today.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nah,

There's this new weird thing on ATS where a certain nebulous faction seems to think that "everyone's" "beliefs" should be "respected" and that those weirdos shouldn't have there "beliefs" debunked so hard that they cry.

I personally am not playin' that.

ATS is where stupid # comes to die.

Also, there are no "paid debunkers". Primarily it is a bunch of us that had had our chaims pulled by bull#ters for years and we are gleefully getting our revenge. No prisoners will be taken.

And we are just getting started.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So if I'm understanding this correctly a debunker is someone who disagrees with whatever is posted that certain people agree with? In a forum like this there is going to always be differences of opinion, that does not make someone a paid shill. There always going to be those that side with the idea that reinforces their opinions/beliefs, and can get downright testy when those opinions/beliefs are threatened, that's simple human nature. Perhaps some readers may fear having an unpopular opinion, no matter how well thought out for fear that they will immediately be branded a "paid government shill" just for siding with a non-alternative viewpoint.

One can easily flip your statement around and infer(just for the sake of argument) that those who do not agree with your particular perspective are debunkers and not worth the time of day quite a mirror image we find there eh?

I agree with what your saying to a degree , debunkers can sometimes spoil interesting threads on here, but in the end isn't everyone seeking the truth? Differing viewpoints lead to knowledge and enlightenment, quieting those who disagree with you is not known as debunking..it's sort of like a dictatorship. It takes all sorts of opinions to make the world go round, the debunker you scoff at may have the right answer, if we could all just open our minds...cool topic.
edit on 25-8-2014 by waverlyhills because: Format issues

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You can't debunk the truth, and there is an awful lot of rubbish posted on the net.

If peeps were really truth seekers they would do their homework before posting spurious carp rather than getting all upset, and as often happens, rude and (even more) ignorant about how they deal with stuff.

.. Ie: grow up, HTFU and learn more

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I know from experience there are some people who almost consistently see things wrong

I am so glad we have you around to set them all right

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

You have just described the liberals!

Seriously, I think you are making us out more important than we really are, I doubt 'someone' is actually paying people to come on here and disagree with some posts!
edit on 25-8-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"Paid De-bunkers"? I dunno day in and day out for months and months having posts on one main topic is a bit sketchy, no? Nearly 24/7 dedication, caffeine zombies?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
"Paid De-bunkers"? I dunno day in and day out for months and months having posts on one main topic is a bit sketchy, no? Nearly 24/7 dedication, caffeine zombies?

Precisely....

Back during the BP oil spill, new members came out of the woodwork to defend BP; then after the furor died down they were never seen again. I find that very strange! Focused on only one topic only.

Most members were aware of their transparent tactics.
edit on 25-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I know, and the problem is working out if they're just skeptical, or just plain debunking. Which incidentally is increasingly hard to judge on ATS today.

You sounded so certain in your OP...

Now it's a problem working it out?

Well...good for you I suppose!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I'm certain that the problem exists.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Some manage to stick around for a while even though they constantly breach terms and conditions, this makes me very suspicious as to why site management allow them to stay?

The best one is a certain member who has posted dozens of Objects on Mars threads, many of which end up in the hoax forum..

And as per this rule:

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

He's clearly in breach of T&C's

Woops, he's not a debunker

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

So you want him banned then?

Will it make your life better knowing he's gone? If not why bring it up?

I see it as an enthusiast who shares what he sees, and lets ATS decide it's fate.

By visiting the HOAX forum, and looking from the most flagged threads first, he's not even on the first page, presuming I'm thinking of the person you're implying.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Meh I don't care what he posts, I don't bother to post in those threads anymore.

The reason why I brought it up was because I was countering the argument that real_one presented is all.

And if you're not sure what that is, it's that both sides will appear to get preferential treatment, just depends on ones biases..

edit on 26-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'm broke, man. Someone pay me and I'll sit online all day long looking for threads to debunk with illogical reasoning.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Whether one believes in any given conspiracy or not we should have a place to discuss without being run out of dodge by said professional debunkers or paid shills or anyone else. I thoroughly enjoy most conspiracies without truly believing in any or all of it.
Or to put it another way to talk about it doesn't necessarily = belief

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

5. They use actual intelligence and common sense while their tinfoil hat wearing counterparts come up with some incredibly out there theories, most of which are impossible or just plain retarded.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
Whether one believes in any given conspiracy or not we should have a place to discuss without being run out of dodge by said professional debunkers or paid shills or anyone else. I thoroughly enjoy most conspiracies without truly believing in any or all of it.
Or to put it another way to talk about it doesn't necessarily = belief

This exactly. God forbid people have a discussion. There are people here who are hell bent on making that as uncomfortable as possible.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

MKULTRA Engage!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

sounds like every agw and evolution denier to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join