It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood Series Finale...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What a COMPLETE and TOTAL mess!

I am just glad it is over. I don't want to discuss too much, yet, just in case others have not yet seen this masterpiece of poo.

I am still just TOTALLY confused on how HBO could let this show go off the rails like it did. All they had to do was follow the basic story lines from the first several books. They were great, until the last four. Then it was pretty obvi that Charlaine Harris was just trying to get them done.

What a total let down. I'm going to find all the books and give them a re-read. At least the first nine, anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I still haven't seen the last one, but I agree this whole season was a mess!!!

And some of the decisions the characters made (Bill) are so stupid, like no one in their right mind would do such things.

And the story line was boring too.

I will watch the finale to finish it off, then good riddance!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

They were obviously doing a homage to Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift because the series drifted when the guys from tokyo showed up. I mean, did you see they even gave Eric a goofy out of place country boy look when he was in the rice rocket And the leader of the Tokyo mafia was all country too?

luls
edit on 8/25/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It was definitely a let down, but not as bad as what they did with the Sopranos, I'm sure HBO is still looking their wounds from that one. It looks like they learned their lesson and at least projected forward a bit so you could see what happened to the characters in the future, which I appreciated.

But nonetheless, it was a mess of a final season and after watching for years, I was pretty disappointed.

Back to Game of Thrones.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
It was definitely a let down, but not as bad as what they did with the Sopranos, I'm sure HBO is still looking their wounds from that one.

I didn't have a problem with that one.

It looks like they learned their lesson and at least projected forward a bit so you could see what happened to the characters in the future, which I appreciated.

I felt the episode dragged for 50 minutes but after the graveside scene I liked the ending. Similar to Six Feet Under but not nearly as good.

Back to Game of Thrones.

Only seven more months.

edit on 25-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The ending was pretty horrible.
The whole season was iffy at best..

I had no issue with the ending to The Sopranos as it left you wanting more.
I think the ending to Six Feet Under was about as good and complete an ending as you can have for a show. Breaking Bad was along the same lines though didn't quite give the finality that Six Feet Under did.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree with you completely. I have to say this whole season lacked seriously. To bad as it started off as such a great series. My favorite part in this last season was Pam's reference to being a Republic-nt. I so hoped the last episode would deliver someting...

I'm now awaiting Boardwalk Empire's last season and hope HBO dose better ending this series.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was a fan from the beginning, and of the books too, but like the books, really kind of ran out of steam at the end. Still, a fun ride though, and some really great cast members (well, except the two leads, who never seem to go to ANYTHING related to the show)......

new topics

top topics

join