It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agents to guard UK airports against jihadi fanatics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: irgust
I will add that I have no problem with the FBI patrolling the International zone of Heathrow, or any other airport, if it helps protect the US or UK, but after clearing customs...nah they become simple 'observers' at that point, with zero authority I will ever recognise over any UK citizen. I will only answer questions/comply/engage with UK 'officials' while on UK territory.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Blimey, you are talking as if you are on the run already. What illegal activity are into?

Don't get so defensive, I never said I would let anyone from the USA arrest me or harass me, I merely stated that I am glad we have help to sort out our bad Border Patrols and 'Extreme Jihadists' who have bred over here with their extreme views. If the UK Government are too soft to do anything about it, then maybe the US Officials can do something about it and lets face it, our Government have been pandering to the 'Extremists and their Human Rights protectors' for ages now and put the British public at risk.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There were terrorists incidents in London.

If you ever visited certain places in the UK you might understand that it is real and it is an issue. I have listened to them in person, not from choice but a colleague from where I worked before WTC.

They attempted installing sharia law here in the UK and had some special sharia banking deal. Those terrorists are real, much as we would prefer that they weren't and it was all some US plan, but it isn't and something has to be done about it.

The UK security services didn't so perhaps the US will. If the US catches the terrorists then that is a good thing.
edit on 25-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Again, I am grateful for your unsolicited assessment of my defensive/offensive status, although it is irrelevant.
Your posts indicated that you approved of US 'officials' having authority in the UK, and the only reason we personally are in direct communication was after you suggested that I was confused with the differences between the FBI and police.

If you want reasoned discussion then please lets enjoy it, but keep the assertions about how I may or may not be inspired to reject US authority by my thoughts or actions. "on the run already" Really?
Do you not understand passion for territorial sovereignty as expressed in my previous posts, and how my intentions reflect my wish to defend that absolutely?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I have to admit I don't and won't take kinbdly to any foreigner telling me what to do in my country. There is too much damn interference in this country with the public as it is and perhaps cameron should be thinking of leaving his post if he can't do better than bring in the Americans. No offence to American people and my friends over there meant, but you'd hardly like the UK lot telling you wat to do. Any groping in this country is actually against the law and an offence, so I hope cameron has told them that.

Surely sooner or later the penny will drop that with terrorists, you can't mix and match cultures and if we want to go back to how our country's were before all this legislation was passed and we were put and risk by home grown terrorists, we need to review our deportation laws and tell the EU we'll deport them also.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
HEH ,ha,ha,ha. Congratulations Grain of sand you are now paranoid as defined by progressives,welcome to the club.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Lol, it did make me chuckle as well.
Amazing how some people are even prepared to accept foreign authority over them on their own sovereign territory and decry those who protest as having something to hide...actually rather tragic.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If you were military they would say you are too brainwashed ,it makes debate amusingly simple to be defined as simpler than one truly is on the OTHER edge of that sword is popular culture is against you,especially the majority of the young who don't know their passed cultures history and seek to ignore it in place of their own which primarily views such pursuits as part of the systems taint.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the UK allowing, in fact practically inviting on a VIP invite with free gift, foreigners of foreign laws and foreign ways, to the UK in the first place, we wouldn't be in the position of needing the US to sort out the UK's security mess.

The US security will be acting in a legal capacity, perhaps via Interpol in alliance with the Solidarity Clause of the Lisbon Treaty.

fas.org...

New Law Enforcement and Intelligence Cooperation Agreements
U.S.-EU efforts against terrorism have produced a number of new accords that seek to improve
police and judicial cooperation. In 2001 and 2002, two U.S.-Europol agreements were concluded
to allow U.S. law enforcement authorities and Europol to share both “strategic” information
(threat tips, crime patterns, and risk assessments) as well as “personal” information (such as
names, addresses, and criminal records). U.S.-EU negotiations on the personal information accord

On the U.S. side, the State Department has the lead in managing the interagency policymaking process toward
enhancing U.S.-EU police, judicial, and border control cooperation, while the Justice and Homeland Security
Departments provide the bulk of the legal and technical expertise. The Treasury Department has the lead on efforts to
suppress terrorist financing. U.S.-EU Cooperation Against Terrorism
Congressional Research Service 5
proved especially arduous, as U.S. officials had to overcome worries that the United States did
not meet EU data protection standards. The EU considers the privacy of personal data a basic
right, and EU regulations are written to keep such data out of the hands of law enforcement
authorities as much as possible. EU data protection concerns also reportedly slowed negotiations
over the 2006 U.S.-Eurojust cooperation agreement noted above. In 2007, the United States and
the EU also signed an agreement that sets common standards for the security of classified
information to facilitate the exchange of such information.
In 2010, two new U.S.-EU-wide treaties on extradition and mutual legal assistance (MLA)
entered into force following their approval by the U.S. Senate and the completion of the
ratification process in all EU member states.5

These treaties, signed by U.S. and EU leaders in 2003, seek to harmonize the bilateral accords that already exist between the United States and individual EU members, simplify the extradition process, and promote better information-sharing
and prosecutorial cooperation. Washington and Brussels hope that these two agreements will be
useful tools in combating not only terrorism, but other transnational crimes such as financial
fraud, organized crime, and drug and human trafficking.

Amazing how some people are even prepared to accept foreign authority over them on their own sovereign territory and decry those who protest as having something to hide

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I've been reserve military (RNR) and I'm passionate about the tribe I currently live in, the UK.
It is why I will never accept authority over me by another tribe such as US agencies.
I will take a beating before showing respect or even acknowledging the right of any US official to ask me questions while I am on UK territory.
Yes, this issue is a passion to me, and if FBI agents are in the 'international zone' of a UK airport I won't give a toss, but once they pass customs they are just a US tourist in my mind and will be treated the same as any US tourist who thinks they may have a right to lay their hands on me. Only while in the UK they won't have their guns so I have a better chance of dealing with an agent than my US friends ever do.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
That's cool, roll over and accept the authority of a US agent if you like, it is your right.
As it is my right to only comply with a UK official while I am on UK territory.
I also imagine if I am ever in such a situation then the lead UK officer will appreciate that I do not recognise the authority of the foreign national over him/her.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately for the UK, they have far more ISIS "sympathizers" than the USA. ISIS is actively recruiting from them, and may already have numerous small independent cells.

They need specialized agents and operatives to attempt to infiltrate them, but there may not be enough time... They need a small army of these agents on the ground, in the field now, not tomorrow, next week, or months from now.

imo

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My government is acting outside my interests so to all, our government ain't us. WE are gunning up just in case anyway. we'll share, I'm sure, if it goes TOO far with you people.

THAT is the AMERICAN way not the USG.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
That's cool, roll over and accept the authority of a US agent if you like, it is your right.
As it is my right to only comply with a UK official while I am on UK territory.
I also imagine if I am ever in such a situation then the lead UK officer will appreciate that I do not recognise the authority of the foreign national over him/her.

I think you'll be in for a nasty surprise if you actually think that

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
If the US can offer assistance that mutually benefits us all then that's fine by me.
But when an FBI agent passes customs he/she is just an observer, and has as much authority over me than any other US tourist, and I will treat them as such if I ever have the misfortune to meet one as I peacefully go about my private business.
...at least it will be an equal fight as they will not be allowed their guns as 'observers'. The lead UK official will always have my ear in such a situation, but the FBI agent can go # him/herself.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There are treaties and international anti terrorist agreements that mean the FBI being in the UK investigating terrorism and for the legal incarceration of suspected terrorists and those involved in terrorism is legal.

They are there in a legal and official capacity as allowed by Europol and Interpol rather than as a 'foreign national'.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If they send in the right agents and operatives, you will never even know they are there.

The suits and ties, will be painfully obvious.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Isn't plain clothes normally trainers, casual trousers, t shirts and fleeces or US smart casual.

Besides, full on combat gear might be more effective.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They also have to prioritize similar efforts at home...

imo

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

The biggest problem I see whenever I fly back home to the UK (London Airports) is that Immigration Border Control is overwhelmingly staffed by British Muslims of Pakistani descent. I am not racist, but it has been known and reported that hundreds of thousands, if not in excess of a million Muslims have been illegally smuggled/trafficked into the UK with an open door policy from those manning immigration.

Wonder why we now have a problem with these terrorists slipping in and out the country? Something needs to be done! Sorry, I am not advocating that their should not be Muslims employed but they should be the minority employed (as they are essentially a minority) and not the majority!

My business partner, who could not be any more English looking (looks a bit like David Icke) was pulled up by a Pakistani Border Control officer and questioned as to why he was entering the UK, when he replied 'because I am British' the officer claimed he did not look British (laughable).

Maybe it just shows how things have changed or got so out of hand?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join