It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agents to guard UK airports against jihadi fanatics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They are already doing that, EVERYWHERE, via the NSA.

It's a very slippery slope, and a dangerous one for ANYONE opposing US and UK government policy openly in public forums. It's basically legitimizing more surveillance and operations within the UK by a foreign nation and should NOT be allowed.
a reply to: Britguy

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

hey will monitor suspect passengers as well as ­investigate “terror hot-spots” across Britain in the wake of the beheading of American James Foley in Iraq

Think it has been established that the video of the beheading is fake. Even mainstream media is saying it is fake too. Not needed in the UK... The war on terror is a farce..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I said IMO we DO have the resources.

The government said they don't and if they won't do it then somebody else should.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
WTF!!!!!

We are sovereign country! I do not want a foreign powers police force operating in MY SOVEREIGN country!

GO HOME AMERICA!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Because they are under resourced like every other thing in this country. cameron and osborne and their predecessors have cut this country to the bone.

We are also leaving out the relationship with Mossad and Interpol who play a huge part in our security.

Until we stop the corruption of allowing corporations (where the rich hold their shares) to not pay taxes in this country and also completely shut the door on tax avoidance by people residing here but not nationals, the actual inflowing of taxes will stay inadequate for the actual needs of this country to run efficiently.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I don't see whats wrong with receiving help to capture 'Terrorists' or 'Potential Jihadists'. I wonder why the OP doesn't want help in this matter?

Our borders are very wide open and have been for many years now, that's why we have illegals and Terrorists in our midst.

Also, I don't know about you OP but where I live I 've noticed a 'Sheriff's' Hatchback for the last couple years now, when I first spotted it I was like 'woooo, whats going on here??, We have US Sheriff's over here now. '

I think there's obviously something afoot and possibly a big threat right now to us in England and especially London, so I say its good to have some help from the USA. I hope they find who they are looking for.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
It could be worse ... they could send the t.s.a to molest everyone at the airport ...

Okay, that made me laugh.

Because it's not just sad but true

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't see whats wrong with receiving help to capture 'Terrorists' or 'Potential Jihadists'. I wonder why the OP doesn't want help in this matter?

Our borders are very wide open and have been for many years now, that's why we have illegals and Terrorists in our midst.

Also, I don't know about you OP but where I live I 've noticed a 'Sheriff's' Hatchback for the last couple years now, when I first spotted it I was like 'woooo, whats going on here??, We have US Sheriff's over here now. '

I think there's obviously something afoot and possibly a big threat right now to us in England and especially London, so I say its good to have some help from the USA. I hope they find who they are looking for.

No one should want a foreign nation patrolling your shores for you. As an American I'm telling you once the FBI gets a foothold in your nation it's only a matter of time before the other agencies start taking over for your own agencies. This is a bad thing not a good one.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Tell me, why is it a bad thing? You havn't given me any reason.

Yes, the fbi have people in the organisation who do bad things ( thats mainly from what I've read on these boards) but not every one of them is a bad apple!

And trust me, we have become a breeding ground for these 'Extremists' and they need to be caught. The FBI won't be here for long if they do the job they are here for imo.
edit on CDTMon, 25 Aug 2014 07:53:41 -0500u3107x141x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Tell me, why is it a bad thing? You havn't given me any reason.

Yes, the fbi have people in the organisation who do bad things ( thats mainly from what I've read on these boards) but not every one of them is a bad apple!

And trust me, we have become a breeding ground for these 'Extremists' and they need to be caught. The FBI won't be here for long if they do the job they are here for imo.

Isn't England supposed to be a sovereign nation? Why isn't it able to do this on their own? Get ready because you are going to have more spies in your nation than you ever dreamed of. First it will be we are looking for Jihadists then it will become something else they are looking for once America gets into somewhere we don't leave. I think it's a bad thing because why should my tax dollars pay for patrolling your shores.
edit on 25-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, whenever I've been arrested by UK police in the past I have generally complied to avoid a beating, but if I ever get a US official in my face trying to prevent me going about my peaceful business in the UK I shall certainly adopt a different approach, and most certainly will not recognise any authority over me...so vociferous 'reasonable force' shall be my stance.
I may well get a beating as a result, but it is a principle and protest I am prepared to take one for.

How many threads on ATS about brutality by US officials do you see compared to claims of brutality by UK cops?
Give me a British 'official' any day over a rabid dog shipped in from the US...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sounds like it the choice of the US, because the US wants to catch the terrorists and the UK has been worse than lapse at it.

There is also a NATO summit in Cardiff, Wales soon which is suspected might be targeted, Obama is attending it and probably doesn't trust the UK's feeble attempts at security.

If the UK had been tough on terrorism and immigration from the start, chances are QSIS wouldn't have anywhere near the network it does.

If the UK is the western hub of terrorism and it hasn't done much to sort it then it should be taken over by those that can and will, for the sake of all the west and our way of life.
edit on 25-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

How many threads on ATS about brutality by US officials do you see compared to claims of brutality by UK cops?

You are getting confused between the FBI and the Police.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
feds helping us ? i feel safer already.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

We cant do anything these days without being spied on anyways, so a few more Spies wont really make much difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

You are getting confused between the FBI and the Police.

The FBI has been helping stage terrorist attacks in America for decades. You really want these people in your country? You really don't like England that much do you?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Sounds like it the choice of the US, because the US wants to catch the terrorists and the UK has been worse than lapse at it.

There is also a NATO summit in Cardiff, Wales soon which is suspected might be targeted, Obama is attending it and probably doesn't trust the UK's feeble attempts at security.

If the UK had been tough on terrorism and immigration from the start, chances are QSIS wouldn't have anywhere near the network it does.

If the UK is the western hub of terrorism and it hasn't done much to sort it then it should be taken over by those that can and will, for the sake of all the west and our way of life.

Don't buy into the terrorist BS. This is nothing more than a control issue. America is wanting to control your nation now and sadly it seems far too many people in this thread is more than willing to turn their nation over to a foreign power.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Where is your proof of FBI involvement in a terror attack on the US?

I am yet to see direct involvement.

I will agree with you if I see the evidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
How kind of you to assess how confused I may or may not be about the issue.
There is no confusion in my position, I do not accept the authority of any US official on UK territory, and if I am going about my peaceful business and a US official of any agency attempts to intrude on my life I shall consider them as a threat and act accordingly.

I will neither recognise, comply or talk to a US official in my country, I would ignore them completely and speak only to whichever UK official is in charge. I would comply to arrest by a UK official, but will physically defend myself as I would any other attacker if any US official tried to make the arrest.
I wouldn't even care about any beating afterwards, no US official is going to touch me on UK territory without a fight.
It is a matter of principle and sovereign land to me, and while it appears you do not care about such things, I and many others do.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I agree the UK can guard their own airports.
If the FBI wanted to protect or guard something they could help patrol the Mexican or Canadian border.
Don't panic, Obama has been on vacation for about 6 years and is running out of golf courses to play here so he probably just sent the FBI to scout out some new courses, at least he didn't send Holder, Sharpton and Jackson to spread the fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join