It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free education in the Nordic countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

I stumbled upon this picture, and its a subject which I have been wondering about often, but this picture sums it up pretty well.

As the picture tells we got free education, we even get money when we take one. Which is really nice. And I think many kids here (Denmark) doesn't know about your situation, and therefor dont even think about it. Just like I guess you never think about that we get our education for free.

I often hear that many wont pay more in taxes, why not?
We pay about 40% of our income in taxes. And some, not many, are crying about this here. But I don't think they know how much these taxes helps us all.

When have you had enough, America?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And one other side question,

when will you stop your religion??

We are all scratching our heads over here, why many of you is so biased when its about your religion?

We have heard stories about kids who was taken out of class because they were taught about Charles Darwin!

I know that this wont fit on many of you. And I have no grudges about your choice of religion, and I dont care if you believe in a god, thats all fine for us all here.

But when you begin to change things around you, just because of your religion, well thats messed up man.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The quality of education in the nordic countries is also better than the quality of education in america ..

The u.s will continue its outdated extortionate education system .. cant have the slaves learn how to actually think rather than be told what to think ...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No matter what country you live in you're still as trapped and controlled as us Americans. People enjoy different "freedoms", opportunities, etc across the planet but in the end it is all derived from the single source; the all-encompassing PTB. Not the Illuminati which is a huge distraction to distract and make people think wealth is the ultimate resource. It's a tool used to control and subdue the public "PTB".

I won't get into anything else but I would not trust any form of rebellion that's pushed by the media. No one is waking up, even if we see through things we're still in a trap.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Actually, religion is being removed from schools in the U.S. and prayer inside most schools is not allowed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

So sad, but unfortunatly a reality.

But when and how did all this happen?
Why havent anyone said enough?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

Ah what a blessing to hear.

Thats great to hear, and a step in the right direction ^^

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RyanDaniel

Actually, religion is being removed from schools in the U.S. and prayer inside most schools is not allowed.

Not exactly true, prayer is allowed in schools.
School required prayer is not.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Our government can't run a single program right. Need some examples?
Post office, Amtrak ,,,,oh never mind.
To think they could run our healthcare and colleges gives me a headache. Enjoy your country while you can.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I see your point, and I know that USA is not the only country.

But I mean, USA should be one of the leading countries, and therefor I dont understand how it still goes on?
USA and Denmark got a pretty good relation to each other, (Denmark is controlled by the same, I'm sure about that).

I just cant wrap my head around that so many bright minds in the US, is wasted. Wasted forever.
You need to be from a rich family, and that saddens me.

Here in Denmark, many unwealthy families have had their kids taken a great education. Even created big things.
Just imagine how many bright heads you are having walkin around in the ghettos.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Sweden had a relatively small population as do all nordic country's, this mean's that individual's have more say and a higher priority in there democratic process, which mean's there government's answer to the people unlike the Modern US and Britain.

In Britain we had free education but a much smaller grant that only paid Tuition fee's until the Right wing moved in a performed a coup in the labout party, this had been made possible as though the labour party were most certainly not communist certain soviet era investment's saw it as in there interests to keep the british middle left party well funded and so it was behind the scenes in reciept of the lot of hidden soviet money, this dirty skeleton came out but not openly to the public, after the fall of the berlin wall and the breaking of the union's in britain by margaret thatcher's right wing Tory party the so called NEW LABOUR party was born.

Tony Blair was actually a junior tory party member, his father had been a lifelong Tory party member and Mr Blair as a young activists realised he did not have the connection's to make it to the top of the Tory Party (the Tory party is the heart of the larger Conservative party but are not conservative being right wing elitists).

So Mr blair moved over to the labour party where his ready experience and insider knowledge of the Tory's made him a rising star, he was able to obtain funding from middle right sources that would never have funded the Labour party and to along with his click eventually ousted the old Labour Heart movement, they meanwhile tried to form a traditional labour party knowing what had happened but were bogged down in littigation by the New Labour party who used the party's fund's to sue them for using the Name Labour and so broken the old labour party dissapeared except in a hell of a lot of very angry british heart's.

Once in power he started a series of veiled right wing alterations to the economy and social class structure of the country telling the people it promoted social mobility with a lot of speel and propeganda, this was actually a sell off of publicly owned asset's, promoting immigration when we are already a populous country so that the Right Wing CBI could harvest the cheap labour that these immigrant's provided and one of the worst thing's he did was to ABOLISH THE STUDENT GRANT SYSTEM, replacing it with a student loan system, rising Tuition fees and a new elitist society that only favours the wealthy right wing and totally undermine's out democratic process as it takes and intelligent and educated populace to be able to make the correct decisions in a democratic country but a dumb'ed down populace is like sheep to the slaughter which was probably there intention all along.

Sound familiar in any way to you american's.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I see your point, and I know that USA is not the only country.

But I mean, USA should be one of the leading countries, and therefor I dont understand how it still goes on?
USA and Denmark got a pretty good relation to each other, (Denmark is controlled by the same, I'm sure about that).

I just cant wrap my head around that so many bright minds in the US, is wasted. Wasted forever.
You need to be from a rich family, and that saddens me.

Here in Denmark, many unwealthy families have had their kids taken a great education. Even created big things.
Just imagine how many bright heads you are having walkin around in the ghettos.

We shouldn't be the leader in anything, we just play a more important role in the plan currently. I totally understand what you mean but please realize the US isn't all that intelligent once you get to the root of it. The majority of us were duped into lives of debt like mortgages, student loans because we were inculcated since birth to think success is money, a good job, and nice things. Or that intelligence and the only measure of intelligence can only be found in school, most specifically higher education.

We're sheep like the rest. No more intelligent than anyone else. As easily manipulated and compromised as everyone else. Also the rich need to realize that unless you're in "the club" your wealth means nothing. If you interact in any way with society, the common society in any way, be you local politician, software mogul or local celeb, you're a peasant like us. When the time comes wealth won't save you. It's terrible we're all in this trap because at the core we're mostly good people who just want to live our lives without interference and it's impossible.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

edit on 25-8-2014 by charles1952 because: duplicated below

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And it's no coincidence that the u.s is also the most right wing nation among leading industrialized western nations

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
US total government expenditures Fiscal Year 2014

$ 166 Billion for all police and prisons
$ 973 Billion for all Defense and veterans
$1,006 Billion for all government spending on education
$1,268 Billion for all health care

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

$3,164 per capita for education
$3,967 per capita for health care
$3,694 per capita for pensions (Social Security)
$2,568 per capita for all defense
$ 810 per capita for police, jails, all protection

I just figured everybody likes more stats.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The US also has the highest abortion rate of any Western Industrialized nation. AND the highest college dropout rate. AND the highest teenage birth rate.

Now, which UN report did you use to determine how right wing or left wing a country is?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Here in Finland tuition is indeed free. Even for foreigners. But you must pay your own living expenses and books. But I believe there are subsidies to make those things a bit cheaper. And discounts and such.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here in Germany education is also (most of the times) free.
You can get a loan from the state that you have to pay back later, but only have the sum you received.
A few states have a fee since a few years of 500€ per semester... but most states have cancelled it again.
Nothing compared to other countries.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I was talking to a guy from France today..

He said all of their citizens receive free healthcare no matter who they are.

He also said there are mandatory laws for employers to provide 6 weeks of paid vacation a year!

(..not sure if any of that is true.)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
One thing we always forget is how many people the US is dealing with... for both education and health care, its a lot more.

And also consider how many healthy lazy people are on welfare and how many people avoid paying taxes... I think the US would have a hard time funding either.

Anyway, Norway has high taxes, highest cost of living in the world, but free education (minus books and living) so even the poorest of the country have the possibility to change the world... we also have grants for poor people from OTHER countries can grow their talent. Also the national oil fund, to save us once the oil runs out! Dont forget our police dont carry guns, and people are rated one of the happiest in the world!

Not that there arent pressing problems, but its far better off than any other country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join