It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon landings - Above and beyond Buzz and Neil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am curious.

Whenever people speak of the moon landings, weather it was a box or not, and in general everyones thoughts and comments are always directly on Apollo XI and Buzz (as NA is now passed away.)

What I am curious about is this. there are SEVEN men from other Apollo missions who are still alive today who landed and walked on the moon.

Why are their missions never spoken about in regards of hoax or not, and why are these 7 astronauts who are still alive never looked at and their commentary pulled apart like whenever Buzz aldrin speaks.

Its almost as if these 7 astronaut who are still alive are somewhat not only forgotten about by the conspiracy theorists on moon landings being hoaxed or not, as all their attention is on Apollo XI , but it seems they have been forgetter about completely.

My thoughts

1 - If people want to study, research, pull apart weather or not man landed on the moon they should be pulling apart ALL of the moon landings and looking into commentary, interviews, etc from all the moon walkers. not just Buzz and Neil - Not sure why these 2 have been singled out

2 - If man did land on the moon, then the 7 men still alive today (the 7 doesn't include buzz, I'm talking as well as Buzz) surly deserve just as much recognition, respect, and grandeur as Buzz and Neil, regardless that they were not 1st

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walkingsenseless

...and their commentary pulled apart like whenever Buzz aldrin speaks...

Well, Buzz has provided a lot more commentary than the others.

He does seem to enjoy being heard -- not that there's anything particularly wrong with that.

edit on 8/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walkingsenseless
2 - If man did land on the moon, then the 7 men still alive today (the 7 doesn't include buzz, I'm talking as well as Buzz) surly deserve just as much recognition, respect, and grandeur as Buzz and Neil, regardless that they were not 1st

Thoughts?

Most of the public just isn't aware of the full scope of the Apollo program, or they don't care much about those who followed the first crew. Most can't even name the entire Apollo 11 crew; they might know Neil and Buzz, but poor Collins gets forgotten simply because he remained in lunar orbit. I've met a couple of the Apollo astronauts myself, Fred Haise and Al Worden, neither from Apollo 11 and neither one a "moon walker" but both orbited the moon. And in both cases the crowd turnout for their talks was far less than what Bruce McCandless and Jack Lousma got for Apollo 11's 45th anniversary at the event I attended at KSC - two astronauts who were important in Apollo and Shuttle history but neither of which orbited the moon. To put the dramatic difference in perspective, I had to wait in line to get into the auditorium for 30 minutes just to be sure to get any seat at all. For Al Worden's talk I was able to get front row seats minutes before the talk without any difficulty at all, the same auditorium was very sparsely populated.

Here's the video I captured from Al Worden's talk, pardon the shaky cell phone video. I really need to get a dedicated video camera, I have a ton of expensive cameras and they're all still cameras. It stops when the cell phone battery died half an hour in. Be sure to view on youtube if you want to turn off the 3d option.

www.youtube.com...
I got him to autograph my Apollo 15 footage DVDs, it was a very special day and in terms of sentimental importance to me I rate it even higher than attending Apollo 11's 45th anniversary event. He did a fantastic job of making the case for the space program. Yet people only sit up and pay attention when Apollo 11 is mentioned, even if the astronauts in attendance never flew to the moon (McCandless was CAPCOM during the first lunar eva).

Conspiracy theorists do sometimes make claims involving the footage from the other Apollo missions, though their arguments often seem to ignore those missions. For instance, they frequently treat it as impossible that we "made it on the first attempt." It was risky, but it was still something we gradually worked up to. Apollo 11 was not the first mission to launch a Saturn V, it was not the first manned Saturn V launch, it was not the first manned mission to go to the moon, it wasn't even the first time a lunar lander made a powered descent towards the moon. All these things were tested on previous missions. Apollo 11 was the culmination of those efforts, it wasn't "done in a vacuum" pardon the pun. And as you point out, it was not the end, nor was it the climax.
edit on 24-8-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It's easier for the hoax believers to discredit one moon landing than all six of them, with all the wealth of documented evidence they produced.

And of course, being second (or third, or fourth, etc.) means less attention and recognition. The whole world knows Yuri Gagarin, but how many people can name the second person to orbit Earth (without looking it up on Google)?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless

I'm still not so sure the Apollo missions made it to the moon.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless

You simply have not read enough Moon Hoax BS. Hoax believers throw everything they can against the wall to see what sticks. One of them found the blue ink used on the cover of a book about Apollo 17 to be the final, crushing "proof."

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Good post. Please keep capturing & posting in 3D. I find talks to be more captivating, when my eyse are paying more attention to detail.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I dont think you can fully judge the Moon hoax theory without looking at the positive qualities of moon hoax theorist themselves..they have a long tradition existence & the community at large...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

I dont think you can fully judge the Moon hoax theory without looking at the positive qualities of moon hoax theorist themselves..they have a long tradition existence & the community at large...

Yes, their tradition goes back hundreds of years. Thomas Jefferson was a Moon Hoax theorist, as was Voltaire.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yes, their tradition goes back hundreds of years.

close, but its only near a half a century,,, & I have no doubt that it will reach near the full century mark or more before man will claim to have stepped foot on it again...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

You said that already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My feelings differ.

And back on topic,

I've been fortunate to listen to several Apollo astronauts speak in person and they have all been extremely interesting, intelligent, articulate and informative in ways that moon hoax believers aren't.

top topics

join