It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you live in Maine..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hello to all,
I was wondering if anyone heard or knew about the what sounded like 2 fiter jets with full afterburners on between 1:45 and :2:15 Sunday August 24th 2014. I was in the Somerville area.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Buddy,........ you don't want to know.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

Some times those dim wit pilots like to bust ass just to smell their own farts. They think it's funny and/or don't care that they alarm good folks like yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Ummm.... It probably sounds a lot louder than what you heard.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

Why do you say that?

2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
No mistaking that sound. They were about a half hour apart. No known squadron north of me. I have seen in the past 2 in formation when Obama was in the area. That's about it. they Could have been along the coastline more but definitely headed south. Not a common around here at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Aircraft coasting in from the UK/Europe.

ETA: To avoid confusion, coasting in, as in crossing the US coastline, back into US airspace.
edit on 8/25/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Are you near the gas pipeline? I believe somerville is not far from it because I know it goes through South Liberty. Probably they had to bleed off the line. 3000 psi coming out of a 2ft diameter pipe tends to get LOUD.

Harry
edit on 25-8-2014 by HarryJoy because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am near the pipeline but this wasn't even close to a ground level sound. My step father has been around aviation his whole life and I have been around it enough to know what we heard. Definitely was not a private or passenger liner...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It was a pair of black projects coming back from Europe. Probably had problems with their tanker support so had to land in that area for fuel, and possibly overnight.

edit on 8/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Any chance these birds already headed west? Heading back to the UP tomorrow for another week.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Oh there are a number of things buzzing around right now. First sighting of one flying near Flint heading to the east coast, these two, one of the two that we've been discussing is flying operational missions heading East, the other one came home early and has to head back out.... So keep a camera handy, and keep looking up.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Damn, I missed the one in Flint. When did that happen? We had been camping just east of there for a few days. I've been doing a lot of back and forth around there with the move up north too.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

It was back around the start of August IIRC. They tried to do a dog and pony show out west with it, and it fell through, so they took it east, and someone happened to be in the right place at the right time.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
getting tired of the blackhawks though. 4 in slow low flight rattled my home a few days ago. usually hear 1 or 2 on the same flight patrol path mostly during the warmer season. this is the original reason they got them supposedly. bangordailynews.com... they have never once been used for such. we still use HU1s especially the forest service and lifeflight is not blackhawk. plus they added bangordailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The military has always back stopped local officials. That's one of the major missions for the National Guard. The Blackhawk can go places a UH-1 can't. And adding fixed wing medevac only means they have a better ability to operate from a fixed airport.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Overheard on a radio.

"Look. The football game starts at 4:25. If we go to Zone 5, we can be back at base by 3:30. That gives us almost an hour to put the birds away, change clothes and get to the club." "But we are over Maine". "Who cares. If we make it, I'm buying the first round." "Selecting Zone 5".
edit on 12-1-2017 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You don't need an hour to get out of the jet and to the club. Maybe like 20 mins.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i respect your thoughts usually but, i disagree here..

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

sorry i get your humor. the OP is old but mine. was talking about the blackhawks. not the stupid jets..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join