It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The path to Women's rights, better than equal rights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I get really tired of seeing women throw the first punch, slap, kick, etc. then turn around and ask for leniency because they are female and not really as strong as men and their emotions took over and they couldn't help it. They are sorry. If a man stood up and pulled that bullshiite, they would be laughed out of the courtroom and probably given extra time for contempt of court. Anyone who denies that, just doesn't ever watch the news or pay attention to what's going on around them.

This is my biggest issue with this whole thing. I'm all for equality, but I've had my ass kicked by my ex girlfriend more than once because I pretty much just took the beating for fear of being labeled a woman beater for the rest of my life. It usually ended with me saying something like "Are you done now?" and she would lock herself in the bathroom...psycho bi.......buuuuut anyways...

This is a hard subject to voice one's opinions on without coming off as an ass, especially as a male.

I guess I'll just state my opinion as "The proof is in the pudding".

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

You are awesome! It is in this that hope for potential sexual equality exists.

And this sounds just like something my boyfriend would say and his philosophy is what makes him so attractive, sexy and a real man. By "giving" me the freedom to be myself I feel honored and, therefore, willing to honor back.

Only those evolved enough to get this will have true equality, whether equality exists in society or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Am I the i only person on this forum who believes that men and women have inherently different ways of looking at things, different ways of doing things?

Of course they do, that's fairly obvious.

Are not women more incline to pacifism and men more inclined towards aggression?

Ummm...no. That's not how reality works at all in my experience. Some men are aggressive, some men are not. Some women are aggressive, some women are not.

Are women not the reflection of loves beauty, while men reflect loves strength?

Ok, now you're starting to sound a little 'White Knight'-ish to me. I don't know where you're from but here in the south-eastern USA there are lots and lots of vicious women. Most of the fights in my High School were between females.

What would the crime be for having every political office held by both a male and female?

Ummm...are you seriously suggesting that? Imagine a dysfunctional marriage, but intensify it a billion fold. The crime would be one against humanity.

What would be the problem to require companies to have both male and female representation at the higher levels of decision making?

I am not saying every job requires both perspectives, but certainly the most important ones do.

I'm just not sure what to say. You seem to have a fairy tale idea of what men and women represent psychologically, it's not that cut-and-dry in reality. I feel like THIS LINK fits well here. Please forgive me everyone if my understanding of the concept is flawed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I get really tired of seeing women throw the first punch, slap, kick, etc. then turn around and ask for leniency because they are female and not really as strong as men and their emotions took over and they couldn't help it. They are sorry. If a man stood up and pulled that bullshiite, they would be laughed out of the courtroom and probably given extra time for contempt of court. Anyone who denies that, just doesn't ever watch the news or pay attention to what's going on around them.

This is my biggest issue with this whole thing. I'm all for equality, but I've had my ass kicked by my ex girlfriend more than once because I pretty much just took the beating for fear of being labeled a woman beater for the rest of my life. It usually ended with me saying something like "Are you done now?" and she would lock herself in the bathroom...psycho bi.......buuuuut anyways...

This is a hard subject to voice one's opinions on without coming off as an ass, especially as a male.

I guess I'll just state my opinion as "The proof is in the pudding".

I get it. It is an issue. You get slapped, punched, kicked, etc. and if you turn around and smack or hit her... well... obviously you already know what will happen. That's when they don't want the equality they vehemently begged for. They want you locked down for knocking them out and don't think anyone should question why she came at you like a tazmanian devil for 15 minutes straight. All of the sudden it's, "OMG You aren't supposed to hit a woman!!" I'm calling the police.

It's beyond ludacris IMO and I feel bad for all the men that have to deal with it.

I am a woman. I am stating for the record that if you come at a man LIKE A MAN instead of a woman, then you should be prepared to be treated like a man.

A lady will never do that at any rate, but men should not have to take a beating out of fear of what will happen if they use force to get the spider monkey off of their face.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Equal rights is a misnomer because no one, even of the same sex, has equal ability. The female movement wants to award themselves against the cream so don't want equal rights at all but a free passage to the top. Its nonsense.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Rights are one thing. Power is another. Both are without gender and await to be seized.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Women do have equal rights in many places but also many they do not. Social equality you can place half the blame on them as they are half of the population so at some point women agreed to these standards otherwise it would not have been possible for a male predominent dominance to arise.

Sure go ahead and just ignore the countries that have women leaders show them how important they are by belittling them saying women dont get equality (sarcasm)

Equality is important on a legal standpoint.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

edit on 25-8-2014 by Aural because: Duplicate post

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Relax, I was kidding, sadly posting on the internet ones true intent doesn't always show.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

"What would the crime be for having every political office held by both a male and female? "

Let's see two salaries instead of one, two first ladies/men flying around the world sightseeing. Two presidents with two separate entourages going hither and thither. An extra set of congressmen/women.. Two mayors two governors..

sounds expensive

while agree that there are differences between men and women I have to point out
you will not find any two people in this world that are exactly the same! And you could easily find a women who is much stronger than some of the men out there! Your generalities will never fit every person! There are women out there who could easily pull your husband out of a burning building and there are some men that wouldn't be able to pull themselves out of a burning building!

we are all people and in general people are in many ways different from each other!

if I were to be in a situation where I was in charge of managing the personal I think that it would be my job to assess the abilities of those I am in charge of and assign them jobs based on those abilities. I mean common sense would tell me not to put the 100 lb man or women in charge of moving that million dollar piece of heavy machinery around to begin with. That doesn't mean that there is no place in my team for that 100 lb man or women though. And it doesn't mean that he or she is of less value. It just means that I don't want to bet a million dollars worth of machinery on the bet that he or she will be able to move it without it crashing to the floor and breaking into a million tiny pieces!

There are many men who are also unable to handle military service in a full scale combat role while there are women who can do quite well. That doesn't mean that there isn't a place in the military for them does it?? I mean the Isreali army is touted as being one of the best in world and well you do realize that there are both men and women in jail for refusing to serve don't you?

When we start picking out the differences between two groups of people and generalizing like you are we tend to go beyond to rationalizing the different treatment. Although men would mind being stuck in the house 24/7 with small kids and it would probably drive him nuts well women are different aren't they?? They wouldn't mind at all would they?? Just like while the white men would mind being chained and enslaved well the black men were different they didn't mind at all matter of fact they seemed to be grateful didn't they???

Once you can accept that the differences between the two groups warrant different treatment then you can use that to justify just about anything!

2+2 really does equal 3+1 really it does.
and even though I don't support child labor I have to say that there are jobs in this country that even a five year old would be capable of doing along with most of the handicapped in the country if we just gave them a chance..
and that job could very well be the most important step of the whole production process and therefore warrant at least a livable wage!

Pass the ERA! Women should have the constitutional right of religious freedom before danged corps got it!! They have we don't!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

they agreed or were forced to have their freedoms limited somewhat so that their children can have a daddy and the men could have a child! that agreement though I don't believe required them to be held down like some cultures through history have done!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Basically what im saying is things are how they are now mostly from it being hard to change everything instantly. If a culture wants things one way then later wants it another they do not have as much flexability as when a culture first started.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural
and the point I am making is that the point was when men started realizing that babies weren't a result of magic and that they have a part in it and started wandering through the villages seeing little ones that looked strikingly similar to themselves and began wanting to have a larger role in their own childrens' lives.
and well the women did see enough to be gained from this in the way or protection and provision so they were willing to lay aside some freedoms for it.

but then I would like to point out that mankind has made similar concessions throughout history. one of which is the acceptance of kings and queens and the protection they provided.

but I agree the main reason why things are so messed up at the moment is that we are transitioning from one mindset to another and not really in agreement what we want the other mindset to be really

edit on 25-8-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Until terms such as the glass ceiling are no longer needed, something needs to be done.

I find it interesting that the men that I have seen respect women more than their peers are the ones raised by a strong single woman. Until all boys have a strong female role model and get away from the error of going with the crowd there will be a issue.

Either way I do still enjoy my doors opened for me and heavy items carried for me. I am by no means as helpless as I pretend to be!
edit on 25-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Women's rights

For at least the last 3500 year's man has assumed a role above women, not considering women as equals.

Because of this women have struggled for equal rights while man continues to falsely claim God has told him that he is more important than women.

This thinking leads to the degradation of women. Men who believe in man's superiority use this false religion to justify treating women as nothing more than sexual Objects.

Women have been looking for equal rights, it is time to start looking for Women's rights.

Men and women are not equal in every way so perfect equality without regarding the natural differences is impossible.

Currently we make men and women compete for the same leadership positions, which is a type of equality.

In the future I imagine that every important leadership role, political and corporate will be held by both a man and a woman, with each having an equal vote.

In this way we come to equality, without giving up the unique qualities that make us better when we come together as one. Both man and woman leading together into a better future.

Women's rights will lead to the best possible equal rights.

Men and women are different, which I find a good thing. (Vive la difference!)

Men and women will not be truly equal in everything, nor should they be--because they are different.

However, under the law, they should be equal and there should be no gender difference or bias, under the law. We cannot change mother nature and millions of years of evolution, but we can control our laws and our judicial system.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

You do realize that there is a law that makes beating the crap out of another illegal right? I believe it's called assault. I bet if you had pressed charges after the first time it wouldn't have happened again!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Inferior / Superior gender exist BUT of course, it varies with what trait we think is important atthe time.

In the past, Stregnth was one of the important asset, where men has the advantage, which made women who are weaker in that department became something that needed to be protected.

Animals still share the same values, in animal kingdon there IS a weak sex, 99% of the time, the male species are the superior sex, which mean they act as the leader. This is because animals still depend on the strength and other aspects of Male sex. Exception would be Hyena and Sea Horses and few others.

Men and Women will never be equal, respect Yes, biological? No, Socially? varies on what is important in that era.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Men and Women will never be equal, respect Yes, biological? No, Socially? varies on what is important in that era.

I don't know, "they" say the brain learns and physically changes with information.

I find brain scan research fascinating.

Somewhere there is an article on the physical changes in the woman's body over the years using Playboy playmates as examples.

Evolution in equality could be a very interesting subject to follow.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: luciddream

I don't know, "they" say the brain learns and physically changes with information.

I find brain scan research fascinating.

Somewhere there is an article on the physical changes in the woman's body over the years using Playboy playmates as examples.

Evolution in equality could be a very interesting subject to follow.

Though i do not disagree minor changes do happen due to enviroment(food etc), the major changes unless artifically enhanced, will not be happening anytime soon. If there is a need for it, nature will make it so.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

No, no timeline. Just find brain scan science and evolution fascinating.

But, as our world changes from physical need and inequality laws ---- the more equal we become.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join