It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The path to Women's rights, better than equal rights?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Women's rights

For at least the last 3500 year's man has assumed a role above women, not considering women as equals.

Because of this women have struggled for equal rights while man continues to falsely claim God has told him that he is more important than women.

This thinking leads to the degradation of women. Men who believe in man's superiority use this false religion to justify treating women as nothing more than sexual Objects.

Women have been looking for equal rights, it is time to start looking for Women's rights.

Men and women are not equal in every way so perfect equality without regarding the natural differences is impossible.

Currently we make men and women compete for the same leadership positions, which is a type of equality.

In the future I imagine that every important leadership role, political and corporate will be held by both a man and a woman, with each having an equal vote.

In this way we come to equality, without giving up the unique qualities that make us better when we come together as one. Both man and woman leading together into a better future.

Women's rights will lead to the best possible equal rights.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Look what happened in the UK last time someone put a woman in charge....

But seriously, women do have equal rights, it's law in most cases.

But there are some things just better suited to men, we are stronger, more able at some things (heavy labour work for example).

I have seen cases where women have tried to sue because they weren't given the chance to work on building sites where a lot of heavy lifting was involved, from a medical stand point, it would have been negligent for the owners to have given the woman a job.

I'm all for equal rights, but there are some situations where one group is definitely better suited than another.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Bollox .. if they want equal then it should be equal across the board ..
What they mean is they want another way to fook men over by picking and choosing when they want "equality" .. more feminist rubbish .

You think the world is bolloxed up now .. put a woman in charge it will end up a hundred times worse .. women are far more cold-blooded and vindictive than men are.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

If you get a decent understanding of Aristolean reasoning and you can devise a universal system or moral justice based upon the nature of humankind, you could come up with natural rights that are sensible for each and every individual person. The problem with groupthink like the feminist movement is that it looks at women's issues subjectively and tries to tailor the benefits society bestows upon them based on their differences instead of securing for them universal rights based on the traits we all share in common.

If you shatter humankind down into interest groups and you let them pick and choose what benefits they want to get from their society and what they want to give in return, you'll end up with a massive squabbling hoard of self-entitled victims who are constantly playing the sympathy card trying to squeeze more power and shirk off more responsibility with each and every passing year.

One thing the modern Libertarian movement in America is lacking is a sense of duty or civic involvement. The Greek philosophers had an understanding of the state as the source of their freedom and viewed participation in the state as the direct operation of their freedom in its highest form. This idea of representative government and professional bureaucracy as created by the Romans might provide long lasting stability, but it strips away from individuals the true source of their authority within a social government. Transforming them from free men wielding the sword of justice into dependents, relying on their betters to do so for them.

I think a mixed form of government could be created that would liberate us from the Kyklos to the same degree that Republicanism does without having individual people rely upon representatives or professionals to do their governing for them.

Until we have a borderless world and a participatory government upholding a universal standard of justice, until people represent themselves in all that they do and we abolish bureaucrats, lawyers, politicians and career soldiers, until people have freedom to operate not just their own wills, but the political and economic power of their land through direct marginal ownership, I will never be truly satisfied with living on this planet.

If the people were free to fully embrace the Zeitgeist of the age and to transmute their lives to resonate with the frequency of this present moment, we'd have some kind of electoral app where each of us could vote on issues directly and draft bills personally that enshrine our values into law. This technocracy could provide decentralized, heterarchic government and if it were based upon the principles of consensus, we could simply opt out of those activities that we did not personally wish to lend our authority towards.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Bollox .. if they want equal then it should be equal across the board ..
What they mean is they want another way to fook men over by picking and choosing when they want "equality" .. more feminist rubbish .

You think the world is bolloxed up now .. put a woman in charge it will end up a hundred times worse .. women are far more cold-blooded and vindictive than men are.

The women will soon come out hunting for me as a traitor, but I feel the need to agree... Somewhat. You knew it couldn't be that easy.

I think that there are a ton of women that scream for equality when it suits them, but want to put it in the backseat when it doesn't and it shouldn't work that way. You either want it or you don't.

I get really tired of seeing women throw the first punch, slap, kick, etc. then turn around and ask for leniency because they are female and not really as strong as men and their emotions took over and they couldn't help it. They are sorry. If a man stood up and pulled that bullshiite, they would be laughed out of the courtroom and probably given extra time for contempt of court. Anyone who denies that, just doesn't ever watch the news or pay attention to what's going on around them.

Women hardly ever get the same time as men for the same crimes committed.

Don't ask to get considered to do the same job as a man (front line military or the like) then turn around and ask that your physical test to qualify be adjusted for you because you are a woman. If you can't carry the 170 lb. dummy down the steps of a smoking building... Then I don't really want to have to depend on you to get my husband out of my house if it is ever on fire. If you can't carry your weight the same way the men do on any job, then you shouldn't get it simply because you are a woman and feel that would be fair. Period. Sorry.

I do also agree about the vindictiveness. BUT... (There it is) there are a lot of women who are not cut throat. Many, yes. All...no. I would like to see a man/woman team in the WH, I don't really care who the VP is. It can be either, but I think the balance that could be had from male/female team could actually do some good in the US. I think that by working together they could each have input and clarify to the other some positions maybe they hadn't thought of before because male/female brains do think differently. That's just a fact. Going in to any situation with more information on how folks would view it certainly wouldn't hurt.

But yeah... I think that most do have equal rights. I think a lot may want MORE equal than others, but I suppose that will always be the way. There will always be those who will not think that women are as smart as men and there will be nothing that can be done about that. Just like race. There's an idiot in every bunch.
edit on 8/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Expat888 women are far more cold-blooded and vindictive than men are.

I can honestly, from experience, vouch for that statement, I know it isn't true of all women, but for the majority....

link   

"Women's rights will lead to the best possible equal rights."

Oh what a Pandora's Box you have opened!

The major problem is that many see this as an attack upon masculinity.

A true man honors a woman as his equal.

I know, what the hell does that mean?

That means that a true man is a man beyond question.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

In the future I imagine that every important leadership role, political and corporate will be held by both a man and a woman, with each having an equal vote.

I don't understand. You think two people should do the job of one person, in order to achieve gender balance? Shouldn't people, regardless of gender, have an equal vote now?

In what situation is it justifiable to withhold equity and equality from a woman based on her gender?

Do you disagree with equal pay for equal work?

edit on 24-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am saying that men and women have different inherent natural qualities.

We have been ignoring these qualities in women when we put everything in the hands of one gender. We live in a male egocentric world.

Does anyone think we should continue down this path?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Equal is equal. It is usually never subservient or superior. Exceptions exist yes, as in severely injured people receive priority in an ER over someone with a stubbed toe. Not an issue though I'm sure there are who would think it is. However, equality in most circumstances means just that, equal.

Of course equality is often an invitation to supremacy. It requires responsibility and vigilance not only for yourself but everyone. Many people would not be willing, they'd rather the decisions and ideas be set up within a blueprint.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Am I the i only person on this forum who believes that men and women have inherently different ways of looking at things, different ways of doing things?

Are not women more incline to pacifism and men more inclined towards aggression?

Are women not the reflection of loves beauty, while men reflect loves strength?

How can we know what is best for everyone unless we move forward with a different line of thinking?

What would the crime be for having every political office held by both a male and female?

What would be the problem to require companies to have both male and female representation at the higher levels of decision making?

I am not saying every job requires both perspectives, but certainly the most important ones do.

edit on 24-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25 I beg to differ with you on several points. While men are physically stronger, women are superior in social intelligence and that covers much more ground than muscles and insures them much more of an advantage (over men) that men like to assume. That advantage basically begins as a sexual power that women naturally have and a sexual weakness that men naturally have.

In Western cultures we like to assume that the genders are almost equal in opportunity and abilities, but that is a false doctrine enforced by governments driven to install PC as the law of the land. Today, many women use their sexual power (charms) to get the advantage on men. Hence, the rise of the blonde...etc.

One of the current problems between the mores of the West and other religions is that some of the religions of the Mid-East clearly see that women are the superior in most interpersonal interactions. In such places brute force is how control is maintained over the physically weaker females. The code of conduct that the man wishes is installed and maintained by physical domination and there is little women can do about it even if they wanted to. At the hands of the men in these religions, the women are virtual slaves, with every aspect of their lives dictated to them in addition to being sexually mutilated in some cases so they cannot enjoy their own flesh in any manner.

I maintain, that given the superior, social intellect of the normal female, that they submit knowingly and unwittingly to male domination in these cultures because of the "rewards" that they obtain under the "protection" of the male in those barbaric cultures.

The Western "equalization" fails because once everything becomes equal under the law and mores, the pure sexual side of the female disposition has the advantage over us males due to our natural inclination/addiction to the "velvet trap." This chink in our male physical armor is, of course, seized upon by advertisers that seed news on Fox, alcohol commercials, weather on your local TV station or about any product you can mention with aspects, strong and sublimina,l with T&A teasers.

In effect, once physical dominance is eliminated as a control element between the sexes, the ladies win hands down every time as our responses are driven to respond.

Believe me, I'm not here to knock women, I love 'em even if as a male I see that we've lost the battle of the sexes as they have been freed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Exactly .. yet far too many fail to comprehend that ..

If they brand you a traitor can always arrainge asylum for you .. just hope you dont end up in hiding for life like poor salmon rushdie ..

Good to see at least one person undeestands ..

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No man/woman is an island. Every man has an inner woman and every woman, an inner man. We all have our masculine and feminine attributes. Some individuals lean heavier to one side or the other. There is no job that some woman can't do, and no job that some man can't do.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I am not agreeing or disagreeing on your assessment of men and women.

But I will say this. What is more plausible women ruling men as superiors or ruling with men as co-rulers.

Maybe in a very distant future men will fully understand the benefits of the feminine nature, without believing they have sacrificed thier masculinity for embracing it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

originally posted by: Expat888 women are far more cold-blooded and vindictive than men are.

I can honestly, from experience, vouch for that statement, I know it isn't true of all women, but for the majority....

Uh uh, and you know the majority of all women?

edit on 24-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No man/woman is an island. Every man has an inner woman and every woman, an inner man. We all have our masculine and feminine attributes. Some individuals lean heavier to one side or the other. There is no job that some woman can't do, and no job that some man can't do.

You know it. I'm as burly and woodsman as they come and no one cleans and organizes better and faster than me

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Fully agree my friend. I treat my wife, as if she is me. We are one.

We are equal in all ways. That whole they shall become one flesh thing. I will never hinder her dreams, thoughts, or rights because of her gender.

But that doesn't mean we can't Josh each other over some obvious differences. Good natured fun.

Women do get the short end of the stick in many ways. From work, to sexuality. It is a man's world. It does take a real man to admit it. The double standard is obvious.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

This is a joke thread, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

"Women do get the short end of the stick in many ways. From work, to sexuality. It is a man's world. It does take a real man to admit it. The double standard is obvious."

You are a wise man.

Your great fortune is to find one who sees your virtue.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join