It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Predict the Name of Anti Christ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation
What exactly is an Anti-Christ?

The/An anti-Christ is someone who is against Christ. The bible mentions that there are many anti-Christs. I'd liken the term to someone who is against Christianity. So in that sense there are quite a few antichrists on these boards.

John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The term has nothing to do with the end times and anyone who thinks it does doesn't understand their own religion correctly. So to answer the OP "Did Jesus Predict the Name of Anti Christ?" No, he didn't. Because that would be impossible, since there are many.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: spy66

I believe the Antichrist is Both.. He will be One and Many also. If that part of revelation was speaking about multitudes it would say "It is the number of a man. It would say "it is the number of many men" or something along the lines.

The beast is the government and People of many nations. Ten kings will be given the Power over the beast (the People) for one hour.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast..

The ten kings are the anti chirst who will Control the beast for one hour.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The Anti-Christ is NOT a person. The Anti-Christ is ANYONE against(anti) Christ(Anointed One and His Anointing). Not sure why people insist on thinking one person is the Anti-Christ? Fact is, MOST people are the Anti-Christ. It's all that religion that has the "non religious" against Christ. You know, it's the people that bash "Christians" whenever a scripture is shared. That's the "Anti-Christ". Get it?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Yes. The bible is translated translations anyway. From languages that were lacking in depth at the time the original stories were developed. By translating and rewriting so many times over the years the original works have lost their meaning.

I think calling him the antichrist is giving him to much credit.

I have to agree. First of all, we don't even have much evidence that Christ existed at all, much less "the son of god." Starting out as a collection of allegorical tales and mythology in the first place, the Bible has been, as you intelligently point out, translated and changed multiple times over the years that what we have now, really doesn't correspond well to what we started out with.

I don't like Obama, and think he's a terrible president, but he'll be finished in a couple of years and then he'll retire to his Hawaiian mansion and get his monetary paybacks from his cronies for favors done while in office and he'll fade into the annals of history as a crappy president and nobody will really remember him in a hundred years. How many today can expound upon the failing of Martin Van Buren for example.

He's not the anti-Christ nor will he usher in the end of the world.
edit on 25-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Yes. The bible is translated translations anyway. From languages that were lacking in depth at the time the original stories were developed. By translating and rewriting so many times over the years the original works have lost their meaning.

I have to agree. First of all, we don't even have much evidence that Christ existed at all, much less "the son of god." Starting out as a collection of allegorical tales and mythology in the first place, the Bible has been, as you intelligently point out, translated and changed multiple times over the years that what we have now, really doesn't correspond well to what we started out with.

I don't like Obama, and think he's a terrible president, but he'll be finished in a couple of years and then he'll retire to his Hawaiian mansion and get his monetary paybacks from his cronies for favors done while in office and he'll fade into the annals of history as a crappy president and nobody will really remember him in a hundred years. How many today can expound upon the failing of Martin Van Buren for example.

There is literally ZERO chance that Obama will fade into obscurity like Van Buren. He was the first black president. That alone will keep him well known.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: NavyDoc

There is literally ZERO chance that Obama will fade into obscurity like Van Buren. He was the first black president. That alone will keep him well known.

Okay, fair enough. I have to concede that point to you. Other than that footnote in a history book, in a hundred years, do you think that people will know much about him and his presidency?

Star to you for intelligently contradicting my point. I don't mind being corrected by an intelligent and well read individual.

And, to get back on subject, no I don't think he's the anti-Christ nor do I think Jesus was talking about him.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

I don't think you can equate Christ with bible scripture.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I thought the description of the Anti one was a description provided by John of Patmos associated to a perceived ANGELIC being that John was GRANTED opportunity to interact with, who allowed John to observe somehow in the future like events from his present or this past by whatever CREATOR Creation that had the ability/technology to allow John to see-travel into the future.
(time travel? or advanced technology)

The SON however 1 feels would not share the actual name of this being even if the knew who it was going to be or is as not to speak & assist in initiating its future arrival-disclosure sequence...

As others have mentioned the POTUS does have the ability to influence global agenda, but the influences distributed are also associated from hidden financial-political influences that many do not consider to be at play or exist.

With this in mind I don't think Barack Obama is the Anti one (maybe its associated with certain antimatter fields opening its access) it may not even be human but can appear to be as one...

revelations 16:13
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

revelations 16:14
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Seems like Avatar possession @ play
Inter/Ultra-Dimensionals SPIRITS

NAMASTE*******
edit on 8/25/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If it can be found anywhere that the Good Lord singled out Justin Beiber, the yes, he identified the anti-Christ by name.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

With that, time will tell. Enacting the ACA may help keep his memory in the public's mind as well. But I agree, his policies are rather lackluster and there really hasn't been too much during his presidency that is memorable

I am also in agreement that Obama isn't the Anti-Christ. He's a Christian, therefore he isn't against Christ therefore not an antichrist.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The/An anti-Christ is someone who is against Christ.
The bible mentions that there are many anti-Christs.
I'd liken the term to someone who is against Christianity.
So in that sense there are quite a few antichrists on these boards.

Against The person Jesus who was called the Christ by the disciples/followers

Jesus the Christ is still believed to be the Son of God, and anti-Christ denies that "God-the-Son" (1 part of the Trinity God) ever was or ever will be...

an Anti-Christ believes only in the GOD...no Son or Holy Spirit or Trinity...Islam is directly opposite Christianity

~ Jesus was a prophet not a God ~ that's my leaning too...that makes this member an a.c. also
edit on th31140897432625452014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

It's my understanding that many Christian beliefs and dogma are the result of people not fully understanding their religion and what the book they so vehemently defend as the "truth" says. I don't think Jesus was anymore son of god than the people standing next to him at any given time.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

now, that agrees with my Buddhist part of my mind

we can all gain a kernel of the Godhead in our heart mind soul

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

At least interpret what you have quoted properly.. It doesn't say the 10 Kings will rule over the Beast for 1 hour. It only says they will receive power for 1 hour alongside the Beast and then their power will be given completely to the Beast. The Beast is calling the shots at all times, not the Kings.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Islam believes in Jesus as the true Messiah.. If that is against Christianity then what the hell are Christians worshipping?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You may need to rethink about what you’ve said mate..!
Jesus and his mother was mentioned in Quran many times and respected as the holy prophet of the God, while he was murdered by the jews and still he is not recognized by them.

Except Muhammad, no other prophet loved so much by the Muslims or mentioned in Quran so many times…

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
Exactly, the Jews are still waiting for the Messiah, where as Christians believe Christ is the Messiah. It only makes sense that the Antichrist would be Jewish. I certainly do not think it is Obama. As stated above, The temple has yet to be built. I do think the temple will be built in our lifetime, but I will have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

actually, you couldn't be further from the truth... When looking at the oldest copies of books, they show remarkable continuity to modern day "translated copies".

Also, verbal traditions in the past were much more accurate than anything we can even begin to compare them to in modern times.

There was a reason that the catholic church only canonized specific books into what we know of as the bible. It was because changing the words of books in copies wasn't even conceived of at the time.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

At least interpret what you have quoted properly.. It doesn't say the 10 Kings will rule over the Beast for 1 hour. It only says they will receive power for 1 hour alongside the Beast and then their power will be given completely to the Beast. The Beast is calling the shots at all times, not the Kings.

What does verse 13 say?

The verse sure dont say along side but onto the beast.

Let them who have knowledge understand. If you have any questions just ask.

The beast dosent Call any shots unless the whore gives the order. The beast is made up of comon People and comon People are ruled by political leaders/kings.

Kennedy once said: there exists a hiden Power so evil and so powerfull.............. This hidden power is the whore that rides the beast.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join