It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thank God for hell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Any father that would lock his children in his cellar and burn them alive forever (for ANY reason) is an immoral tyrant.

Anyone that would attempt to justify such behaviour is either a troll or someone completely devoid of any humanity.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I have a just God who showed both justice and mercy in the old testament

Really? Like killing Job's family putting him through hell on earth just as a bet with Lucifer and then finally giving Job a new family to "make up for it."

I see neither justice or mercy in someone who would do something as monstrous as that. If god was merciful and omnipotent he should have just brought the original family back to Job and apologized.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow, that's a really terrible thing to say actually. There are good and honest people who are supposedly in hell right now all because they didn't believe in Jesus. Even though they lived decent or very good lives, they are penalized by a flawed system.

How do you know you won't end up in hell? Only a very few will enter heaven. Why is your personal interpretation right?
edit on 8/25/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Wow, that's a really terrible thing to say actually. There are good and honest people who are supposedly in hell right now all because they didn't believe in Jesus. Even though they lived decent or very good lives, they are penalized by a flawed system.

How do you know you won't end up in hell? Only a very few will enter heaven. Why is your personal interpretation right?

It does sound terrible, justice is always terrible, it always comes at a price.

If you dont want to face justice, dont break the law.

There wont be good and honest people in hell, that would not be justice.
I dont think you fully understand the concept of justice

Full Definition of JUSTICE

a : the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments
b : judge
c : the administration of law; especially : the establishment or determination of rights according to the rules of law or equity
a : the quality of being just, impartial, or fair
b (1) : the principle or ideal of just dealing or right action (2) : conformity to this principle or ideal : righteousness
c : the quality of conforming to law
: conformity to truth, fact, or reason : correctness
See justice defined for English-language learners »
See justice defined for kids »
Examples of JUSTICE

They received justice in court.
the U.S. Department of Justice
criminals attempting to escape justice
The role of the courts is to dispense justice fairly to everyone.
She is a justice of the state supreme court.
I saw no justice in the court's decision.
We should strive to achieve justice for all people.
www.merriam-webster.com...

Matthew 5:6. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
edit on b2014Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:39:06 -050083120141pm312014-08-25T18:39:06-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Human justice, how does human justice balance the scale, how does a mass murderer, rapist, sexual predator atone on earth?

You mention these things as though they are higher sins. Human justice is no where near as pure as God's justice. As literally no Evil will be accepted by that Judge. Liars, Adulterers, and Thieves all of these will be given the same consequence as those you just mentioned. You and I both deserve the same as any murderer, rapist, sexual predator ect..

Its only through Christ that we are seen as righteous. I believe you know that, but the post may leave others who are less informed with the idea that one sin is greater than another.
edit on 25-8-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Any father that would lock his children in his cellar and burn them alive forever (for ANY reason) is an immoral tyrant.

Anyone that would attempt to justify such behaviour is either a troll or someone completely devoid of any humanity.

They are not a troll or devoid of humanity.

No just indoctrinated into a lie. A fear tactic that isn't even in the bible. Confused, scared, boxed in.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Human justice, how does human justice balance the scale, how does a mass murderer, rapist, sexual predator atone on earth?

You mention these things as though they are higher sins. Human justice is no where near as pure as God's justice. As literally no Evil will be accepted by that Judge. Liars, Adulterers, and Thieves all of these will be given the same consequence as those you just mentioned. You and I both deserve the same as any murderer, rapist, sexual predator ect..

Its only through Christ that we are seen as righteous. I believe you know that, but the post may leave others who are less informed with the idea that one sin is greater than another.

Yes I agree.
and you are right in elaborating, I am grateful for your post

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

No just indoctrinated into a lie. A fear tactic that isn't even in the bible. Confused, scared, boxed in.

Do I sound confused, scared, boxed in?

Devoid of humanity because I want justice, justice that is fair (God is fair).
Maybe I think you are not truly human if you dont want justice.

People are locked in prison, some for life and even some are innocent.
Is that your justice, human justice?What about those who escape mans justice, is that all ok with you?

I believe God has a fair plan, I am not sure humanity will suffer in hell for ever as some believe, I dont know the plan.
I just believe God is fair.

I am not hiding hell, not denying it, pretending that God is some big warm cuddly, who forgives everyone and everything.

I am accepting reality.

If you disagree then thats your choice and its not my job to win you over.

As a Christian I believe I must love Gods justice and God is just. If God is just then hell is something I must be grateful to God for. Like it or not.

An atheist could never understand this, but it may make Christians think about the way they act.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Their lie, which is merely the interpretation they hold of what is written in that vague canon, is what has removed all of their humanity.

But I do agree they're not trolls....unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Their lie, which is merely the interpretation they hold of what is written in that vague canon, is what has removed all of their humanity.

So as I understand you dont want justice.
and I am the one with no humanity.

Think about that for a little more than a few seconds

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

So as I understand you dont want justice.
and I am the one with no humanity.

Think about that for a little more than a few seconds

What you're promoting isn't anything close to justice, it's spiteful maliciousness.

Your vicious beliefs belong back in the bronze age.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

. . . accept Christ as our blood sacrifice.
It would help if the Bible ever said anything like this.
You are just inventing your own religion here.
What it does say is that we present ourselves as a living sacrifice.

I hate injustice, evil and people who . . .
This will give you the opportunity to find out all about Hell, firsthand.

Yes that is a very valid point, a statement I was wrong to use and didnt mean.
Hating people is not a Christian virtue and I am happy to retract that statement.

Jesus was the Lamb of God, the living sacrifice. The bible is very clear about that

Romans 3:25(NIV)

25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Matthew 26:28 ESV
For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Then we present ourselves a living sacrifice.

There are two parts to salvation, Christ in Gods work and then we are to live as subjects to our Lord, doing His will.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What you're promoting isn't anything close to justice, it's spiteful maliciousness.

I am sorry it offends you, you dont believe in God(?) so what are you worried about.

and how do you know its not justice, what is justice to you.
What makes you a judge deciding whats right and wrong, who should be spared justice or not.

I could say your malicious, your vicious beliefs belong back in the bronze age.
I dont need to know them because they are wrong to me, they are yours, as mine are wrong to you.Yours are based on what ever you want them to be, mine are based on a faith in an all knowing, all loving God.

Something that knows better than me.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I am sorry it offends you, you dont believe in God(?) so what are you worried about.

If I were worried about anything concerning your beliefs, i'd be that other people have to live around you...

Justice is a concept of moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, equity and fairness.

It's not burning people alive in a dungeon for all of eternity.....for any crime.

What makes you a judge deciding whats right and wrong, who should be spared justice or not.

We all make such judgements as you have shown here, you base yours off a 2000 yr old sheep herders guide to the galaxy, while mine is based on what I listed above.

Lol yeah, but that'd be a pathetic attempt at an argument though wouldn't it...

I dont need to know them because they are wrong to me, they are yours, as mine are wrong to you.

Blind and willful ignorance.

Yours are based on what ever you want them to be, mine are based on a faith in an all knowing, all loving God.

All loving??? lololol

A great many people know better than the both of us......

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I dont need to know them because they are wrong to me, they are yours, as mine are wrong to you.Yours are based on what ever you want them to be, mine are based on a faith in an all knowing, all loving God.

last words of every coward in the history of dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
wow this thread is a laugh from start to finish... which will be shortly im sure

Wanna know whats really funny though...

I would bet there are more people who claimed to be Christian in hell (if it exists) then any other religion, creed or belief...

You know, I think you are probably right and I have been saying that for a long time now.

I have a just God who showed both justice and mercy in the old testament, then sent Himself to earth in Jesus, in human form.
Hell is a testament to the justice of that Old Testament God

I would actually appreciate if you could show everyone said justice and or mercy in the OT...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

"The difference is I love justice, my God is a God of justice and mercy.
Many try to turn hell down and deny it. I cant, its a reality, I cant argue with God about it.. "

The justice that you love is not the justice that I embrace

Your justice is the dogmatic will of Christian zeal.

We occupy different worlds.

A true God loves all of humanity.

To thank God for hell is an abomination.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

That would be an opinion only

In fact the idea of hell is an abomination, there is no doubt about that
The simple fact is, it is not a creation of mine, its a fact I cant deny, I believe in a righteous God who has a plan and hell is part of His plan.
I see a lot of people denying it, pushing it off the radar.

I believe God does love all humanity, that doesnt stop the simple fact that humanity is made up of sinners and God hates sin.
Sinners and God cant coexist, pretend God embraces sinners and you deny what God teaches.

You call it my justice, thats very wrong. Its Gods justice and I accept it, should I deny it, be angry at God because of it, argue with God.

Its your choice.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Your image of gods justice. Not the image as revealed in Jesus.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself. Not counting their trespasses against them.

Your image of justice is of the religious fallen mind. God does not torture. He does not consign the majority of his children to torture.

That is the confusion I spoke of. And fear displaced by you and your group making it "in" compare to those who are out and didn't make the cut.

I mean no offense saying these things. But the religion of Christianity has distorted the gospel and replaced refining in the love of A caring father with torture as punishment for sins of the flesh. That we were born into.

The doctrine of eternal torture is a fear tactic. Turn or burn. Read about the doctrine of reserve by the medieval church. They taught eternal torture aka hell to the masses to keep them in check but kept in reserve the true light of the salvation of all for the elite.

Peace and blessings to you

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I agree with pretty much all of what you said aside from the last line...

Said "elite" have little concern about spiritual things... they already have it all in this world...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join