It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thank God for hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
It's funny when the religious damn someone they don't like or approve of to "hell". Just because you rape, steal, murder doesn't mean you'll go to hell....I mean all you have to do is pray for forgiveness and except Jesus Christ as your savior and BOOM, get out of jail free card. That's what I love about Christianity in particular, Christians make the rules and break the rules. No better than the average non-believer I'd say.

Yes, because that is the God I serve, a forgiving God, merciful one, not some Mafia boss or some dictator like the "gods" of the heathens who are fallen angels and demons in disguise.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
I'd rather go to hell, it's where all the fun people will be.

Yeah ISIS are really fun people aren't they? You can spend eternity with them if you want though.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Psychonautics
I'd rather go to hell, it's where all the fun people will be.

Yeah ISIS are really fun people aren't they? You can spend eternity with them if you want though.

Ha, yeah and the rest of the Muslims for that matter, because there is clearly no difference between any of them, and I laugh in the face of any of these whack job Muslims who will try and convince me to believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
wow this thread is a laugh from start to finish... which will be shortly im sure

Wanna know whats really funny though...

I would bet there are more people who claimed to be Christian in hell (if it exists) then any other religion, creed or belief...

edit on 25-8-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
Yes, because that is the God I serve, a forgiving God, merciful one, not some Mafia boss or some dictator like the "gods" of the heathens who are fallen angels and demons in disguise.

Yes, but God only forgives you when you forgive others. Christianity is not a "do what thou wilt" religion. It is important to know that for every seed you sow, you will reap its fruits. You must forgive others to be forgiven according to Christ:

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Here is another verse where Christ repeats what he said in Matthew 6:14-15:

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
" The important thing is that the power to injure should be removed."
Wouldn't that pretty much blow the whole "Free will" thing out of the water?
Then someone would have to re-write another book.

It's already in the book we've got.
"But nothing unclean shall enter [the new Jerusalem], nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life". Revelation ch21 v27
Murderers are included in an earlier version of that list.
If the murderers etc. are no longer there, then their power to injure has been removed, yes?
That is the effect of judgement.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: borntowatch

Do you hate the injustice of someone burning in hell for all eternity for a crime they committed at a small time frame in their temporary life?

Hell will not be for all eternity; it says so in the book of Revelation. Rev 20:14

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It's funny when the religious damn someone they don't like or approve of to "hell". Just because you rape, steal, murder doesn't mean you'll go to hell....I mean all you have to do is pray for forgiveness and except Jesus Christ as your savior and BOOM, get out of jail free card. That's what I love about Christianity in particular, Christians make the rules and break the rules. No better than the average non-believer I'd say.

If that is how you think ....boy will you be surprised!

It does not work that way and for selfish reasons I will not tell you why because you do not deserve an answer.

Good luck in making life decisions.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC

originally posted by: TzarChasm

In my humble opinion anyone who admires the idea of burning people for at least a thousand years per head as lawful punishment is sick. Barbarians do that. The worst we do is capital punishment. Death in less than five minutes. We don't lock them up and feed them poison to make them suffer as long as we can. That's sadistic. How could you admire that? Also that's not justice...that's vengeance. Striking out of anger and hatred. That's not the jedi way.

Well the constitution outlaws cruel and unusual punishment, but it does not say that the death penalty had to be a quick and painless one. I think the victims should decide how painful and slow a death penalty should be, to keep the power with the people. If some filth murdered someone very close to me without justification, then I will see to it that his death is as tormenting as it would be in the lake of fire itself, not for my own satisfaction, but because he deserves every minute of it.

That's what concerns me. Your inflicting pain as a means of emotinal gratification, not simply because its necessary but because you are exercising your capacity to enjoy watching someone suffer. I don't care why, that's a sinful indulgence.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Those are reasons for thanking God for judgement, rather than hell. The important thing is that the power to injure should be removed.

I thank God for His plan, even if I dont understand it.
I wont refute what God does, just praise Him.

Its not what I want.

Should I not thank God for hell, should I deny it, should I argue with God or should I praise Him for all His decisions, the ones I like and the ones I dont like.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What evidence do you have that God is just?

Isn't Hell (and Heaven) just a pipe to dream to compensate for the constant injustices piled on the average man, so that he won't give up the plow?

You can believe what you want to believe and in no way will I stop you making your decision.
If its a pipe dream to you, then you are welcome to your belief.

I could give you all the evidence available and it will change nothing

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Basically, what you are saying is that you are thankful that the solution for a truly evil and horrible person who commits despicable and deplorable acts is to simply get baptized and call it good. And he can do it again and again as long as he repents each time.

Not only that but your system of "justice" means that truly awesome and great people who do wonderful things on our planet can go to hell if they don't repent just like the truly evil person did.

How is that justice?

No,
You assume that is what I am saying because thats what you want to hear me say.
I said it has to be true repentance, a feeling of complete remorse and then a complete about face, a complete change of direction.
Even in so much as trying to work at your salvation by works, but not because you have to, because you want to.
A true Christian doesnt rely on baptism or Jesus being their Saviour, they allow Jesus to be their Lord over their life.
They live Christ's teaching.

Truly awesome people, I havnt met a single truly awesome person ever, everyone has a dark and evil side, they just hide it better.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
'Even more I love a merciful God who will avert His justice if we repent, turn from sin and accept Christ as our blood sacrifice."
So repentance is the key to salvation.
It seems that your are not of this world.
Your temporal stasis is a trifle in the eyes of the God that you adore.
You bide your time and await your ascension to the glory of your God.
Meanwhile we must cope with your abominations.

NO
Repentance is not the key to salvation, Jesus is.
Its not just about accepting Jesus as saviour, but following His word as well.
Many Christians are probably not Christian, their actions dont fit their words.

I am of this world, I am human with the hope of Christs return.
Till then I have to suffer the world abominations and then some, yes I bide my time.

The difference is I love justice, my God is a God of justice and mercy.
Many try to turn hell down and deny it. I cant, its a reality, I cant argue with God about it..
Its Gods creation for satan and his followers, if man follows satan then who am I to argue with God.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Thats your opinion based on, I am guessing, hear say?

Its not the truth, its the truth you want to believe because it gives you ammunition to feel superior.
Sadly its not what Christianity teaches.
One must turn away from sin, there is no praying for forgiveness and accepting Jesus and then boom.
Its a change of life, a change of thinking.

You dont get it because you dont want to hear the truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
wow this thread is a laugh from start to finish... which will be shortly im sure

Wanna know whats really funny though...

I would bet there are more people who claimed to be Christian in hell (if it exists) then any other religion, creed or belief...

You know, I think you are probably right and I have been saying that for a long time now.

I have a just God who showed both justice and mercy in the old testament, then sent Himself to earth in Jesus, in human form.
Hell is a testament to the justice of that Old Testament God

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh and what do I understand hell to be, the opposite to heaven.
Heaven is to be with God and His justice and mercy.
Hell is to be without God and justice and mercy, its without water and life, it has no relationship or communication.
It is void of everything but your own mind, it has no meaning.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Do you hate the injustice of someone burning in hell for all eternity for a crime they committed at a small time frame in their temporary life?

I dont think you understand what I am saying
Do I hate somebody choosing to be outside of Gods forgiveness, Yes. I hate their choice.

Do I hate policemen or the traffic authority for charging me for speeding, no, its the law, I accept it and understand it. its the law.
Is it unjust for you to decide some one elses fate, is it unjust for me. I am not making the decision, I am leaving it in far more capable hands. I believe God will make the right judgement, thats my whole point.
and again I didnt write the rules, if I did speeding would not be illegal.

Do you know if hell is for eternity, I am not sure, it could be, may not be. I dont know

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
If that is how you think ....boy will you be surprised!.

Just about EVERYONE is going to be surprised when they get to the afterlife. People have constructs in their minds about what to expect. It's all based on flawed human understanding and on flawed human literary pieces.

The people we disdain now may indeed hold a 'higher' or more advanced place in the afterlife than we do. And people we hold in high regard may be lost. Never judge anyones soul. That's a job for God. And we all should be prepared for a big surprise upon death.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Those are reasons for thanking God for judgement, rather than hell. The important thing is that the power to injure should be removed.

I thank God for His plan, even if I dont understand it.
I wont refute what God does, just praise Him.

Its not what I want.

Should I not thank God for hell, should I deny it, should I argue with God or should I praise Him for all His decisions, the ones I like and the ones I dont like.

like thanking hitler for auschwitz.
edit on 25-8-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You can believe what you want to believe and in no way will I stop you making your decision.
If its a pipe dream to you, then you are welcome to your belief.

No. It's not my pipe dream. I don't sit around thinking of ways God can punish the people that vex me. No. This is your pipe dream.

It sounds to me, the way I see you writing the rules as you go along, and adding to the rules as you see fit, that you, for sure will you be able to experience the total dark meaninglessness of your own lowly mind, just like you've imagined.

You reap what you sew, and it looks like your imagination is sewing some lonely dark tea times of the soul.

I could give you all the evidence available and it will change nothing

There is no evidence of the Hell that you have imagined, outside of your own mind.

edit on 25-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join