It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Buzz Aldrin reveal that the Apollo Missions were just simulations?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Agreed he definitely turns to this man for approval. You can see him swallowing and looking nervous.

Is he really a " handler" or just watching what he says because he's got dementia and needs guidance ? Who is he? His son, personal assistant or caregiver?
Buzz needing coaxing with props to stick to the right answers. Here's the module, talk about this,
Alzheimer' patients flip in an out of different timelines in their lives. They're all over the place.

Having said that , he could very well be revealing things he shouldn't.

edit on 25-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
a reply to: Rob48

Dave Brody, executive producer at Space.com

Dave Brody has credentials that would make him an ideal handler for Buzz Aldrin.... Brody is a Tv producer and Apollo was a Tv phenomenon.

A TV producer in charge of a video production on the internet. Who'd have thought it?

Dave Brody understands Tv. He understands why 'visual branding' of Apollo and Buzz Aldrin is important.

"Undefined's visual brand design instantly raises the level of our show material under and around it, taking us from 'just another online video thing' into the realm of true television." - Dave Brody, Executive Producer

Brody is also a life member at the L5 society.

In 1986 the Society, which had grown to about 10,000 members, merged with the 25,000 member National Space Institute, founded by German rocket engineer and Project Apollo program manager Wernher von Braun of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center to form the present-day National Space Society. en.wikipedia.org...

The L5 society (now part of the National Space Society) opposed the "Common Heritage" of the moon,

One of the best successes of the L5 Society was its opposition to the United Nations Moon Treaty in 1979-1980. It was thought that the "common heritage" provision of the Treaty would stifle development of nonterrestrial resources, and that the Treaty would authorize warrantless searches of space facilities (which did not go over very well with people who actually wanted to live in space). Source www.nss.org...

Comment: Warrantless searches of space facilities!? That's an odd way to oppose the United Nations Moon Treaty. Maybe the LF wanted to colonize space and keep all the good stuff (read: alien hardware) to themselves?

Brody answered this question on twitter April 18th this year:

"@DavidSkyBrody if we truly went to the moon, why haven't we revisited in 45 years?” Maybe because you wouldn’t pay for it?

edit on 8/25/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: add source

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thank you. That guy is probably the worst presenter I've ever seen. Yeah, mountains out of mole hills.

He is speaking universal truth about fear, and his use of the term Ejection Seat and Execution seems to be symbolic, and he might imply that he is under surveillance because he talks about having to be careful what you say when the world is listening, but other than that, I don't think it is obvious and I don't think my surface impressions are necessarily true or plausible, simply possible.

Oh well, interesting for a second and it evaporates.
He did call it a "simulation". Odd word to use in the middle of that interview.

Watch the full interview rather than the cherry-picked version the OP posted.

The full interview (or at least the 10 or 15 minutes of that full interview that included this part of the interview) would provide the context for the cherry-picked parts of the OP's video.

With that context, you can decide for yourself what he was talking about, rather than leaving it up to the guy who was narrating the OP's video to do the deciding for you.

By actually comprehending the context of what they were talking about for yourself (rather than being told what to think), it's my personal opinion that the discussion about the simulation is not odd at all. Buzz (being elderly) may have rambled a bit and went off track a bit, but besides that, and listening to the context of the interview, I don't understand how anyone can say that Buzz was saying that Apollo 11 was just a simulation. If you still do feel that way after hearing it in context, please explain.

Here is the entire interview, posted by 'OccamsRazor04' back on page 1 of this thread (I added an embedded youtube link to occamRazorso4's quote below):

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

...It's at 19:25 in the ACTUAL video.

This video is such a horrible job of twisting what is actually going on.

www.space.com...

edit on 8/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

We wouldn't have the technology to fake the moon landings today

what's next? lemme guess, transformers are real? because this surely looks better than apollo 11, so we couldn't fake it, right?

seriously, i don't think that the moon landings were faked. on the other hand, we're not being told everything, that's for sure. but to twist the facts and logic this way just to support the status quo - epic fail.
edit on 25-8-2014 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoosM
I just saw this video, this strange video of Buzz Aldrin being interviewed.
I must say, Aldrin is acting very strange and seems to have a handler keeping him in line.

When asked about what it was like to be on the moon, He doesn't answer the question directly,
rather Aldrin talks about the plane simulations he participated in.
And I don't think this has to do with Aldrin having memory issues.

Warning: Explicit Language

Dave Brody is reacting to Buzz's repetition of the word "simulation" in the context of answering a question about Apollo. Brody's reaction gives himself away as Buzz's handler. That is "no-no" topic. I believe Buzz is saying it just to see the reaction on Brody's face.... which is

"gulp"

When Brody starts 'leading' Buzz with the description of a lunar landing it is even more clear how he is 'handling' the situation on Tv... but it's funny that Buzz doesn't seem to care and keeps doing it. Even at the end, Buzz is talking about 'careful what you say' ... 'wink, wink'.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In the 1960s we knew how to take off from the moon, but now five decades later, we don't know how to take off from the moon and mars ?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can't find the link to the full video minus the yapping

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Agreed he definitely turns to this man for approval. You can see him swallowing and looking nervous.

Is he really a " handler" or just watching what he says because he's got dementia and needs guidance ? Who is he? His son, personal assistant or caregiver?
Buzz needing coaxing with props to stick to the right answers. Here's the module, talk about this,
Alzheimer' patients flip in an out of different timelines in their lives. They're all over the place.

He is a TV producer who was moderating the discussion for Google. The discussion was part of a live Google hangout, and was moderated for Google by that guy (Dave Brody) and Space.com managing editor Tariq Malik.

I can't find the link to the full video minus the yapping

Look at my post a few posts above. I link it there, but here it is again:

Here is the entire interview, posted by 'OccamsRazor04' back on page 1 of this thread (I added an embedded youtube link to occamRazorso4's quote below):

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

...It's at 19:25 in the ACTUAL video.

This video is such a horrible job of twisting what is actually going on.

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

We wouldn't have the technology to fake the moon landings today

what's next? lemme guess, transformers are real? because this surely looks better than apollo 11, so we couldn't fake it, right?

seriously, i don't think that the moon landings were faked. on the other hand, we're not being told everything, that's for sure. but to twist the facts and logic this way just to support the status quo - epic fail.

Show me a space scientist who would be fooled by Transformers footage.

Remember, it wouldn't just have to look convincing to a layman. It would have to match IN EVERY DETAIL the claimed landing site and stand up to scrutiny for eternity. I'm telling you it couldn't be done even today. Not a hope.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok the first part is just Buzz talking about how to be a fighter pilot, you have to not think about fear, you just have to think about executing, that was the only way it was referenced in that interview...

As to the making a simulation part, there was NO indication that he was referring to a part before the actual lunar landing. He was attempting to answer their direct question at that point and the "Handler" did appear to get really nervous, swallowing and glancing away and tightening visibly when it was mentioned. especially the second time it was mentioned.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

You're obviously terrible regarding your ability to read ones non-verbal communication..You should start studying it a little, will help you get layed easier as well..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sevensfakes
I think most of us here know when hoax believers are lying. Their lips are moving and/or their fingers are typing.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No mater what anyone says, for whatever reason, that guy, who ever he is, was #ing uncomfortable with what Buzz was talking about, fear was written all over him...Yes, I think Buzz is losing his mind. What seems to me is happening..If it really is..Is that, the surface mind is going first, he's loosing his ability to edit what has been bubbling underneath the surface for so long, the subconcious is fighting it's way through the cracks in moments of weakness..But who knows? I think whether we see anymore interviews with him will be telling..

I think we've certainly been to the moon..Just not sure if it actually was when they said so..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For one thing, read the thread. I already said who "that guy" was. For another thing, watch the whole video, not the edited snippets complete with crazy-man commentary.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

For one thing, read the thread. I already said who "that guy" was. For another thing, watch the whole video, not the edited snippets complete with crazy-man commentary.

But it's so much better for believing in the moon Hoax if we watch the edited version -- i.e., the edited version in the OP in which only snippets of the interview are shown out of context, and in which the guy giving the voice-over commentary tells us what we are supposed to think about it, in lieu of providing the context so we can think for ourselves.

The full video where I can actually understand the context of the interview enough to make up my own mind about what is being said is boring -- boring at least from a "moon hoax belief" perspective.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What make you think those things took a second? He probably walked away because it's a stupid question and he obviously knew from that question that you were one of those people who thought we never went to the moon. I would have walked away from you too. You don't approach one of America's hero's and insult him like that. It's just plain low class.

reply to: douglas5

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85
We're skipping the JFK announcement, the picking of the people who are going - So they walk into the building, go up in the elevator and are about to walk out when the men stop. Three (I think it was three) new people in space suits step out and introduce themselves 'Hi we're the other you' they laugh for a few minutes and then head across the walk way and into the shuttle. Inside they just sit there, a prerecorded either video or audio is played and then when the time comes BOOM! the rocket shoots up and into space where it goes to the moon, yep that's right it GOES to the moon but wait, it doesn't land, they dont get out they just orbit the moon -

Three words my friend: Movie - Capricorn 9

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No. The "handler" is the producer at space.com .. the people conducting the interview. Any idea this guy is a handler is ridiculously ignorant.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

Woah.. really.. I never thought of that. I have heard all sorts of moon hoax claims and debunks but never that one. Best one I liked so far was the idea of them not being able to cross the Van Allen belt. depending on who you talk to it's still too dangerous to cross now.. not sure what the truth is.

But your right..

The temperature on the Moon varies from -387 Fahrenheit (-233 Celsius), at night, to 253 Fahrenheit (123 Celsius) during the day. (source google)

If a person in a suit underwent temp changes these extreme all the suits materials and other tools, camera etc would have to survive and continue to function properly not to mention the landers, rovers, buggies and everything else we brought from earth. Is it really possible? Many of those tools and their materials are known, so we should simply be able to look up the tolerances on all that stuff to prove if anything was faked or not.

Seems to me the suit would HAVE to have a built in heating and cooling unit that will switch the inner suit environment from either a cool or hot depending on what the human body's tolerable range is, as well as protect from intrusion of extreme temps from the outside from minus 387 F to a rapidly boiling 253 F - at the same time.

Thinking of it like that.. I don't know if we can produce a suit that can do that now!

How long did it take again for the change to happen from beginning to end?
edit on 25-8-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Awesome job at being ignorant, not knowing who Brody is, and not seeing the actual video of the interview I posted. Stay ignorant if it makes you happy. The Truth Is Out There.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join