It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Buzz Aldrin reveal that the Apollo Missions were just simulations?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: douglas5
I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

He probably thought "Who is this person that doesn't know the first thing about Apollo?"

If you think that (a) the astronauts were "on the moon when it changed from night to day" or (b) the temperature changed "from -287 to 450 in a second then I'm not surprised he looked at you funny

Question for you: what time of the lunar day was it when Apollo 11 landed on the moon? Second question for you: why do you think they chose that time?

I don't know. Does it actually have to be a change from day to night ... or is just being in shadow enough? For that matter, is the temperature a person experiences swinging wildly from one side of their body to the other? I really don't know. Is it okay to ask?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

He probably thought "Who is this person that doesn't know the first thing about Apollo?"

If you think that (a) the astronauts were "on the moon when it changed from night to day" or (b) the temperature changed "from -287 to 450 in a second then I'm not surprised he looked at you funny

Question for you: what time of the lunar day was it when Apollo 11 landed on the moon? Second question for you: why do you think they chose that time?

I don't know. Does it actually have to be a change from day to night ... or is just being in shadow enough? For that matter, is the temperature a person experiences swinging wildly from one side of their body to the other? I really don't know. Is it okay to ask?

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that "what temperature is it on the moon?" Is a pretty meaningless question. What temperature is WHAT?

On Earth we can say "it's 80 degrees", and we are referring to the temperature of the air. But if you measured the temperature of the pavement in the sun it might be 130 degrees, and if you measured the temperature of the grass in the shade it might be 70 degrees.

On the moon there is basically no ambient temperature at all. You can measure the temperature of the surface, but that is going to be very different from the temperature of the spacesuit, which in turn is going to be very different from the temperature INSIDE the space suit. The astronauts could adjust the cooling power of the life support system as needed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well Buzz is either experiencing very senior moments due to Alzheimer's or is so uncomfortable in continuing to perpetrate a fraud, he wants to jump out of his skin. That was one uncomfortable interview to watch. The guy who captured and posted it was even more irritating. But I do think his handler, if that's what he is, was very uncomfortable in how the interview was progressing - or should I say, not progressing.

I was alive when this history took place. Stayed up late to watch it televised live, during the first landing. I remember how elated everyone felt and how proud everyone was to be an American. Nationalism wasn't frowned upon then as it is now. It was a good thing and a proud thing. It was a time when Detroit was the epicenter of industry and Made in America meant something good all over the world.

If the landings were indeed a hoax to influence the Soviet psyche, then that would truly be crushing.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FoosM

Are you implying that they never went to the moon?

if so, how come it was filmed then?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

If the landings were indeed a hoax to influence the Soviet psyche, then that would truly be crushing.

Well they weren't, so don't worry about that. Anyone who can ignore the evidence and say that the moon landings were a hoax is lying, deluded, stupid or any combination of the three. We wouldn't have the technology to fake the moon landings today and we sure as hell didn't in the 1960s.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

i did not state it was Apollo 11 and i was a young kid then weird thing to do i thought

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I linked the actual interview. Without the annoying person pausing and creating false circumstances and lying about what is being talked about, everything is normal.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well it wasn't, so don't worry about that. Anyone who can ignore the evidence and say that the moon landings were a hoax is lying, deluded, stupid or any combination of the three.
Hey buddy, lying, deluded, stupid? Really? Is that your argument? If so that is "stupid" if you like to use those words in debate. Yes this is a debate and investigation into what may or may not have happened.

We're told for millennia that Jesus was the son of god. Some believe it and some don't. Some believed it then, when Jesus walked the Earth and some didn't. The same thing applies here. We're told something and expected to accept it on face value because it comes from authority.

We're told many things by authority that are proven to be false. This site exists to investigate that which is told to us by authority - to prove it or disprove it.

edit on 05216Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FoosM

too bad this is ruined by mr narrator himself worse the Buzz could ever do

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Well it wasn't, so don't worry about that. Anyone who can ignore the evidence and say that the moon landings were a hoax is lying, deluded, stupid or any combination of the three.
Hey buddy, lying, deluded, stupid? Really? Is that your argument? If so that is "stupid" if you like to use those words in debate. Yes this is a debate and investigation into what may or may not have happened.

We're told for millennia that Jesus was the son of god. Some believe it and some don't. Some believed it then, when Jesus walked the Earth and some didn't. The same thing applies here. We're told something and expected to accept it on face value because it comes from authority.

We're told many things by authority that are proven to be false. This site exists to investigate that which is told to us by authority - to prove it or disprove it.

No. Jesus said take it on faith.

NASA says here is the evidence, not faith. So yes, LYING is perfectly valid for this debate because that is what you are doing. No one says take it on faith, like Jesus, they say there is overwhelming evidence and it's proven we went. Unless you LIE about the evidence, are DELUDED so you refuse to let evidence sway you, or you are not intelligent enough to understand the evidence and thus claim it can't be real.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoosM
I just saw this video, this strange video of Buzz Aldrin being interviewed.
I must say, Aldrin is acting very strange and seems to have a handler keeping him in line.

When asked about what it was like to be on the moon, He doesn't answer the question directly,
rather Aldrin talks about the plane simulations he participated in.
And I don't think this has to do with Aldrin having memory issues.

Warning: Explicit Language

Quite the performance...or whatever it was. I guess Buzz has "dementia" now... Maybe his conscience got the better of him and this is how he wanted to "leave".

link   

You don't get it, do you? Taking things on trust is exactly what people like the creator of this video is asking you to do. That way leads to being hoodwinked by things like religion, like 419 scams and like moon hoaxers.

What you should do is examine the evidence with an open mind and test, test, test every claim you come across. When you do that you will see that Apollo could not have been faked. It is as simple as that. Deny ignorance. Don't take anything on trust.

link   
NASA never would lie would they

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Bilk22

No. Jesus said take it on faith.

NASA says here is the evidence, not faith. So yes, LYING is perfectly valid for this debate because that is what you are doing. No one says take it on faith, like Jesus, they say there is overwhelming evidence and it's proven we went. Unless you LIE about the evidence, are DELUDED so you refuse to let evidence sway you, or you are not intelligent enough to understand the evidence and thus claim it can't be real.
First, maybe you should read my initial post. I didn't say one way or the other, what I believe about this subject.

Lying isn't possible in this instance unless someone claimed to have proof it was faked and they could not produce it. Maybe a dictionary would help you. Second, the Catholic Church is authority. They claim that Jesus is the son of god and many believe that to be true based on the authority of the church.

Ah, getting involved in some of these threads is almost akin to sadomasochism. But then it seems there are some posters who are here for that very reason - to derail threads and have people throw up their hands in disgust.

Have a good day.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85
I have always had doubts about the moon landing, I've seen the videos and heard stories from my Dad about my Granddad waking him up and all that but I just cant beat my own mind telling me that with what bits I know about the technology used back then and a few science teachers and an engineer friend that I've spoken to, my doubt just cant be beaten away. I have a theory of how it went down and maybe its one that is already out there but I'm gonna tell you anyway, ...

Aren't you pretty much describing Capricorn One there? Except that, er, if the people actually went to orbit the moon then why not land on it too?

Then of course you have to explain how the photos and videos of the fake moon exactly match the real moon in details that nobody even knew about until 40 years later. Among a list of other problems as long as your arm...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

i did not state it was Apollo 11 and i was a young kid then weird thing to do i thought

Well seeing as you said you were asking Buzz about it, why were you asking him if you weren't talking about his mission?

And my point still stands, NONE of the lunar landings took place during both night and day. Why would they want to be wandering around in the dark for half the time? Wouldn't be very good planning, would it!

As for this video:

Could you explain how a "fake transparency" rotates like the real Earth does, and has the correct weather patterns for the day in question clearly visible?

What happened to denying ignorance? If the description on a YouTube video say something is fake, is that good enough for you?
edit on 24-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85Started t read your post but got side tracked when I realised that you are talking from the now generation point of view and that made me think. I don't care about the "not so sure" arguments. You made me realise that I am one of the lucky ones that was able to watch what was happening AS IT HAPPENED. Wow, fancy there being those poor people who were not around when it happened. Oh well their loss. And our gain that we were/are part of history and actually lived it whie it was/is happening. Thanks for sharpening my thoughts and appreciation of what we SAW

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well seeing as you said you were asking Buzz about it, why were you asking him if you weren't talking about his mission?

And my point still stands, NONE of the lunar landings took place during both night and day. Why would they want to be wandering around in the dark for half the time? Wouldn't be very good planning, would it!

i hated going to school in minus 20 + it was a long walk in the cold 2 miles i wanted a snow suite

even in lunar dawn some change must have been noticed visually but his actions then made me think

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Umm, you didn't see the 'handler' take a deep breath and swallow?
I did, but it could have just been coincidental.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: greatfriendbadfoe
a reply to: Danny85Started t read your post but got side tracked when I realised that you are talking from the now generation point of view and that made me think. I don't care about the "not so sure" arguments. You made me realise that I am one of the lucky ones that was able to watch what was happening AS IT HAPPENED. Wow, fancy there being those poor people who were not around when it happened. Oh well their loss. And our gain that we were/are part of history and actually lived it whie it was/is happening. Thanks for sharpening my thoughts and appreciation of what we SAW

Well we used to see Superman fly then too - every day at 4PM. Seeing something on TV really isn't proof enough for me, but for some? I guess it is.

I have to say, even though I'm a sceptic about the hoax theory, there are some compelling arguments based on compelling evidence posted in the many threads here on the subject.
edit on 08300Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join