Angels and Daemons, the philosophy of Plato

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Angels and Daemons

I am going to offer the Platonic philosophy to help everyone understand the origin of words and what they used to mean verse what they mean now.

Plato called the Angel, the Spirit within a man that guides him towards love and virtue. And he called the daemon the flesh. Plato believed the Spirit descended form heaven into the flesh and was thus held prisoner in the flesh until being released back to the One God.

Plato noticed that their was something within himself that wanted to do what was good. But he also recognized that his flesh had desires that sometimes are against the will of the perfect Spirit within all men.

You see the genius philosopher Plato found the Holy Spirit not merely through faith but through a logical understanding of himself. He realized that whenever he went against the love from the Holy Spirit within that his emotions were depression and anger. But when he did what was right his emotions were love and joy.

It doesn't matter how much someone justifies the desire of the flesh that are against the Holy Spirit.

By God's law the unjust never find joy and peace. They live through lust, anger and greed.

Jesus claims their is more than one path. The eastern philosophers think of love as the higher path and it's opposite the lower path. One can not fully understand either path without knowing the other.

Like many words Angels and Daemons can have many meanings.

A man who follows the Holy Spirit we could say he follows his Angel. Or for slang I might just say your an Angel.

The one follows the lower path, against the Holy Spirit, he is following the Daemon/ Flesh. I could say he follows his Daemon/ Flesh or for slang I could just call him a Daemon.

So an Angel is one following the Holy Spirit and a Daemon is following the flesh.

So how do we get from Angel/Holy Spirit and Daemons/Flesh to where we are today?

Magic, Kabbalah and the Catholic Satan who ACCORDING TO THEM, has power over the whole earth and has a host of demons all which are stronger than man.

It is men and religion that gave birth to the type of Daemons you see in the movies. Thier is no power except that which comes from God.

Men gave birth to the movie daemons not God.

According to all the religious texts all the lower beings are real and part of God's creation.

The spirits of Chaos. Satan, Jinn, Evil spirits, they have no power, except the power of lies. I call the lower path collectively the path to chaos because anyone who follows the lower path will live in Chaos.

The lower path is real. The whole world is stuck in the lower path, so it would seem.

But daemon possession is only an invention of man's own imagination. Such a powerful invention that those under the influence of this insanity are easily controlled by thier satanic priests. Although possession isn't real we have free will to pursue even insanity.

Do you live according to the Angel? Or do you live according to the Daemon.

Are you an Angel Or a Daemon. The ones who follow the Angel will be called son's of God.
edit on 24-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

(post by proob4 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

No the origin of the word is Daemon, especially because I'm discussing Platonic philosophy. ..

en.m.wikipedia.org...(classical_mythology)

(post by proob4 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
a reply to: sacgamer25
Bull#

Can we get a mod in here. I don't know what your point is but your not making one.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Daemon Bull#, Bull#, bull#. Liars! Thats all been proven wrong and that's what you want us to believe.
DEMON not some faggy ass Daemon bull#

John M. Cooper, the editor for "PLATO Complete Works" uses Daemon. But maybe you know better than a professional editor of a published book.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Jesus claims their is more than one path.

You just lost ALL credibility right there...

And WHY exactly would anyone study philosophy to understand angels and 'daemons'?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Ermmm, no. He got lots of credibility.
THERE IS more than one path, whether you like (or approve of) it or not.

And WHY exactly would anyone study philosophy to understand angels and 'daemons'?

Because philosophy is the very soul of humankind.

EDIT: Do you honestly not know that British/Traditional spelling is still okay to use?

edit on 8/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

But daemon possession is only an invention of man's own imagination. Such a powerful invention that those under the influence of this insanity are easily controlled by thier satanic priests. Although possession isn't real we have free will to pursue even insanity.

I just read your OP again.

Yes - demonic possession is, imo, NOT REAL.

But - insanity? YES, imo, insanity is real.

edit on 8/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nice thread

S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
THERE IS more than one path, whether you like (or approve of) it or not.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain where Jesus claims there is more than one path.

I don't believe there are ANY paths personally.

A favorite film of mine, ('The Perfect Stranger') illustrates this point pretty well...

Below is a transcript from the 23min. point:

Nikki: Every religion (Christianity included) they are just different roads to the same place. I mean, everyone is looking for God...

Jesus: Really? Are you?

Nikki: As I was saying: Everyone is looking for God in their own way. That's what I like about my friends' church back home, they embraced everybody's different beliefs and tried to help them on their path to God.

Jesus: There is only one problem with that. There is no path to God.

Nikki: So, what did you mean, "there is no path to God"? Every religion claims to teach the way to God.

Jesus: There is WAY to God, but it's just isn't a path. What I mean is this: A path is something you travel by your own effort to reach a destination. But there is no way you can work your way to God. That path just doesn't exist...

Nikki: Wait a minute... That is what religion is all about: Trying to get to God. How can you possibly say otherwise?

edit on 24-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You've opened a hole can of worms for yourself...
Practically baiting the demons that sit with all who read this to test your spiritual will power...

It's part of the growth to get to that path without inviting it...

Insanity & possession are not exclusive to each other...

I pray you don't find this out the hard way!

Edit: BTW...
Daemon is not flesh...

The true definition is this;
(in ancient Greek belief) a divinity or supernatural being of a nature between gods and humans.
an inner or attendant spirit or inspiring force.
edit on 24-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!!!
edit on 24-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Italic & Bold!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Mathew 7:13
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

This is the philosophy of the upper and lower path. A few take the upper path, although every prophet tells his disciples to take the upper path, most still, at least in part, choose the lower path.

What is really at the end of the lower path, God's judgement, that is all I will say, I am not God.

If you take the higher path love, joy and heaven.

Freewill, we can choose either path, but most dabble a little in both paths causing depression.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And what indeed does one class as Insane ?

If a person see's something i do not ?

If a person experiences something i do not ?

If a person has idea's or beliefs beyond my own comprehension ?

If a person hears voices that i cannot ?

or maybe someone who does not conform to society ?

what i am getting at is Insanity is a very blurry line to draw anywhere, especially as so much experience in life is subjective to ones own way of viewing things.

As i have also said to others, just because one may not experience life in the same way as another does not make it any less real for the person experiencing said situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
You've opened a hole can of worms for yourself...
Practically baiting the demons that sit with all who read this to test your spiritual will power...

It's part of the growth to get to that path without inviting it...

Insanity & possession are not exclusive to each other...

I pray you don't find this out the hard way!

Edit: BTW...
Daemon is not flesh...

The true definition is this;
(in ancient Greek belief) a divinity or supernatural being of a nature between gods and humans.
an inner or attendant spirit or inspiring force.

That may be the accepted definition but it is not Plato's philosophy.

In Plato the Spirit Odysseus, and the other Heavenly Spirits (prophets) were each assigned flesh/daemon, and the flesh would lead the Spirit around even where it did not want to go.

Plato, The Republic X

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do you have a link to a source or is this an interpretation of Plato's work from a third party?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And what indeed does one class as Insane ?

If a person see's something i do not ?

If a person experiences something i do not ?

If a person has idea's or beliefs beyond my own comprehension ?

If a person hears voices that i cannot ?

or maybe someone who does not conform to society ?

what i am getting at is Insanity is a very blurry line to draw anywhere, especially as so much experience in life is subjective to ones own way of viewing things.

As i have also said to others, just because one may not experience life in the same way as another does not make it any less real for the person experiencing said situation.

The only insanity that I wish to cure is the ones who keep believing bigger guns and wars will solve all the problems.

Other than that if someone believes something I do not it is ok by me.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Do you have a link to a source or is this an interpretation of Plato's work from a third party?

Here is a link to a version of Plato The Republic X.

It's only a 5 minute read, read it for yourself. This is what I believe is Plato's philosophy, which he is teaching. Look below for where to start it's towards the very end.

classics.mit.edu...

When Er and the spirits arrived, their duty was to go at once to Lachesis; but first of all there came a prophet who arranged them in order; then he took from the knees of Lachesis lots and samples of lives, and having mounted a high pulpit, spoke as follows:

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join