It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Nice strawman. No one goes to school in only underwear.

a reply to: Annee
Again its still subjective and your opinion. You think that way because of the other thoughts of what you attch to the word woman.

That went over your head it seems. Its not about religion and i did not say all i meant the ones who do view that way. Its very subjective person to person on what is considered skanky or not. Calling something skanky is the only thing that makes it so.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Why not? What is so bad about going to school in underwear?
edit on 8/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Man, very few girls back in my day dressed like corner whores, let alone tried to at school. Now it's practically acceptable to do so, in an environment where it's not necessary at all.

Bite my backside, femanists. Freedom of attire ends at the door to school.

Jesus, we had to wear dresses, hose, no short sleeves, girls didn't wear slacks back then either,this was public school.

link   

originally posted by: Aural

Again its still subjective and your opinion. You think that way because of the other thoughts of what you attch to the word woman.

That went over your head it seems. Its not about religion and i did not say all i meant the ones who do view that way. Its very subjective person to person on what is considered skanky or not. Calling something skanky is the only thing that makes it so.

No, it did not go over my head.

I do know you are a guy. Do wonder what your age group is.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The thing that struck me was that it is 'Summertime' and light/less clothing is to be expected. Looking at the video, I did not see 'skank' but rather fashionable summerish garb and the girls' bodies were respectfully covered.

The school administrator handled this situation poorly, and the humiliated girls' parents agree and have since started a petition for her to step down.

Also, girls do not need to bend over to pick up dropped items, it can be achieved by simply bending both knees.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The school administrator handled this situation poorly, and the humiliated girls' parents agree and have since started a petition for her to step down.

Ugh! Parents protecting their little darlings.

Anyone else actually raising kids today, besides me?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How are men fairing today in schools?
Oh, worst than girls? It must be because men are stupid and women are smart right?! -_-

Let me clear up something important...
Men are just as smart as women, however, send in a beautiful women and watch their IQ's fall.

Teenage girls dressing sexy is the last thing men need to succeed, ESPECIALLY at school, ESPECIALLY when they are teenagers.

I know society teaches differently but real women, young ones too, know how to be attractive and stay classy without having to dress slutty.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Being male has nothing to do with my opinion that someone should not be treaded like garbage over how they choose to dress. To think clothes define a persons chastity or promiscuity. To think clothes determine a persons value. How very shallow and petty it is to do that.

Health standards. No one wants to sit in a chair of someones butt sweat.

Thats a huge leap compairing it to underwear from the reality of things. Most of what these girls were complained bout over are likley no worse than anything ive seen in school in the past before with a little cleavage and a little leg and i can say its a huge overreaction.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Men are failing because they are not given any incentive to study(benefits), they are left in the back because men 2000yrs ago were bad.

Imagine a Men Studies bachlor degree program? lol.
edit on 8/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: lonweld

It doesnt interfere with learning at all to let people dress as they like. If anything when school staff makes a big deal out of how someone dresses THAT is highly disruptive their overreactions.

But it does, men get easily distracted by alluring women, become stupid and impared. Some more than others of course, but even I know that my intellect is degraded even when sliiiiightly aroused and I can tell that I'm far less influenced than other men.

Women tend to push away arousal much much easier than men, in fact, I would even say that women become more witty when dealing with a men impared by her attractiveness. Easy targets I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Uh oh better watch out before those demons called girls suck male brains out. As if it doesnt go both ways? As if no exceptions? You cant be serious?
edit on 25-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

The school superintendent of Oklahoma high school is under fire from parents who feel she humiliated their daughters at the start of the school year over their revealing clothing, according to KFOR.

Noble High School superintendent Ronda Bass, who calls herself “Mama Bear Bass” after the school’s mascot, sat down with some of her female students at the end of the first day of school to discuss their attire.

Check out Ronda's pic in the article. Apparently she knows what she's talking about.

Personally, Iv'e always had a lot of respect for "skanks" in that they are not afraid to express their sexuality and their pride in being female.
I like that erotic style of fashion. If you got it....flaunt it!!

I wonder if Ronda finds the young men with their pants hanging off their butt and exposing their boxers, as equally distasteful??

I think the article title is a bit misleading, she didn't call the girls skanks, she asked them if they thought some of their peers dressed like skanks.

That said, she could have gone about this a little better, in a more courteous and respectful way.

There is no problem with a superintendent wanting students to dress appropriately. Part of education is to teach children that there is a time and place to dress in different ways. What is appropriate at the beach, for example, is not appropriate in the office. Unless you work at hooters, a lot of the ways young people dress isn't appropriate, male or female.
edit on 25-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Men are failing because they are not given any incentive to study(benefits), they are left in the back because men 2000yrs ago were bad.

Imagine a Men Studies bachlor degree program? lol.

The whole learning process in school sums up to :
Learning everything by heart.
Comply, don't think, don't move, shut up.
Repeat my lies/beliefs or fail in life.

I don't want to sound sexist here in saying this but, women have complied to men the last 50 generations and more. Men are usually more rebellious than most women. (generalization)

The school learning system seems to be unfit for most men and probably for most women too but they more easily comply to get what they want in the end.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Uh oh better watch out before those demons called girls suck male brains out. As if it doesnt go both ways? As if no exceptions? You cant be serious?

Yes, it can go both ways and exeptions are bound to happen in everything in life but I said :
''Women tend to push away arousal much much easier than men''

If you didn't notice this in society, you clearly don't understand human behavior...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well what if I said that this lady is just a stuck up prude? Sure, why don't we just force them all to wear burkas?

Just another mechanism for control. Wear this, don't wear this, do this, don't do that, humans are constantly having their free will squashed by others who seek to control them at all times.

Put on your required uniform, and don't question or be an individual!

a reply to: olaru12

edit on 25-8-2014 by AutOmatIc because: pic

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Just another mechanism for control. Wear this, don't wear this, do this, don't do that, humans are constantly having their free will squashed by others who seek to control them at all times.

Oh yeah, and the fact that teenagers dress like they do isn't because they have been manipulated to think that way or love this style by society and the media??

Kids and teens thinking and focusing about sex in a good recipe for a stupid society, that's how they control a part of the masses.

Even you can tell that the idea of Burkas is too extremist but I think there's a healthy middle ground about clothing.
edit on 25-8-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You obviously dont know many school girls or can even remember what school is like.

The outcome of your conclusion would be what? Removing all coed schools and require uniforms? But uh oh what about the gays ? Better put each student in cubicles, right? Oh no what about their ability to think about sex anyway? Better put a mind control device on them to keep them focused on work, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You obviously dont know many school girls or can even remember what school is like.

The outcome of your conclusion would be what? Removing all coed schools and require uniforms? But uh oh what about the gays ? Better put each student in cubicles, right? Oh no what about their ability to think about sex anyway? Better put a mind control device on them to keep them focused on work, right?

We are sexual beings, plain and simple. Taking away a person's right to dress how they desire isn't the solution, perhaps reinforcing mindsets that girls and women are not just sexual objects and that governing one's thoughts may be a good place to start. And maybe more education should be given at the pubescent stage, because from what I have been reading lately, there is an epidemic of rape in the colleges.
edit on 25-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Good luck trying to undo biological urges that has been inside human since the dawn of mankind. Both sex will see each other as sexual until there is no need to.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: InTheLight

Good luck trying to undo biological urges that has been inside human since the dawn of mankind. Both sex will see each other as sexual until there is no need to.

That's not what I was saying, it is more along the lines of changing the mindset that girls and women are sexual objects, and teaching boys/men not to rape etc. You get my drift. Also, there is a time and a place for everything, and when in school...learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join