It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops, I guess the foil wearers were right...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

Although, honestly, a 7 point reduction in IQ is probably less costly over the course of a person's lifetime than tooth decay. I've seen kids in the boonies raised on well water that rot out their baby teeth before the adult set even grows in.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
From the link:

Unfortunately even people whose water is contaminated with far more harmful chemicals frequently take no action. Researchers recently surveyed residents of central Maine whose well water contains high levels of arsenic—an odorless, tasteless element that can cause maladies including cancer, blindness and numbness in hands and feet. They reported that 27 percent of those Mainers did nothing about it. When asked why not, people reported a lack of concern about arsenic and reluctance to pay for any mitigating action.

It would appear that it is a choice for those who draw 'free' water from private wells.

*Edit*
Apologies, as this is the Science & Technology forum I didn't realise the spin of the OP was the much spoken alleged flouride conspiracy...if it had been in 'General Conspiracies' or something I would not have made such a schoolboy error. I'll leave you all with your foil hats lol

edit on 24-8-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was raised on non-flourinated well water, and never had a cavity until I moved in my adolescent years into a community that *had* fluorinated city water.

If you are on well water as a kid and see a dentist for regularly scheduled check ups and cleanings, you shouldn't have a problem.
edit on 24-8-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was raised on non-flourinated well water, and never had a cavity until I moved in my adolescent years into a community that *had* fluorinated city water.

If you are on well water as a kid and see a dentist for regularly scheduled check ups and cleanings, you shouldn't have a problem.

Of course nothing else change in your adolescent years just your drinking water

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There was actually a post a few years ago that had a government study of fluoride levels ppm in various foods and drinks, utility public and store bought name brand items.

You know what was #ed up?

The local fluoridated water there was 50 ppm I believe.

The average between the foods was somewhere around 20-30ppm.

But get this....WINE averaged 330 ppm!!

As far as fluoridated water helping our teeth. Lol. Tell me, how long do you swish your water in your mouth for it to actually make contact with all teeth? 30 seconds? A minute? Less than one second? Not at all??
edit on 24-8-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The pertinent part of the article:

Yet newly available data, released in recent months, indicates that in some 10 communities in the state wells harbor dangerously high levels of fluoride. In some cases, the wells contain more than double the level that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has deemed the acceptable maximum exposure level.

The water had nearly 7 times the maximum limit. I don't see how this in any way vindicates the fluoride conspiracy theorists.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I rarely had cavities when I was young, I think I had one small filling in my mouth till I was over eighteen. I went to the dentist regularly and had my teeth cleaned. There was no fluoride in the water then. It seems that when they start putting fluoride in the water my teeth became more brittle, breaking off all the time when chewing on stuff. They also discolored a lot more, getting blotchy. They have lowered the amounts they put in water now, without admitting they screwed up. The compounding effect of adding fluoride to the water was told to the government by the people who were fighting fluoride in the seventies. It took them forty years to admit that this was happening, after all the people saying it were probably dead.

Adding fluoride to water is forcing medicine on people, and it is not medicine for the teeth. It has calming effects on people usually until they consume too much. The way it calms is not really a good method though.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

There are over 150 peer reviewed papers which show a link between fluoridated water supplies and adverse health effects. While science isn't concerned with "proof", the mountain of data is about as close as it gets. This is a non-debate. Please join the real scientific community, we've had the data for a long time now.

www.fluoridealert.org has links to all of the studies, and copies of some of them.
edit on 8 24 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Ugh. My aunt and uncle's well gets bacterial infections all the time and in each instance I go over there I talk them into chlorinating it to kill the stuff off. How anyone can live with egg smell is beyond me. If I had arsenic in my well, I'd either dig a new well, move, or put in above ground storage tanks. The idea to just drink arsenic, which is lethal at high concentrations, is just beyond me.

Here's a fun fact. Caffeine has a similar LD50 as arsenic. What does that tell you about the logic behind our daily habits? They ban Pb which we used to make plumbing out of and asbestos which used to be in absolutely everything, but allow caffeine to be sold in stores to children. Amazing.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

But those studies aren't allowed as pertinent to their fluoridation of the water. They make the rules as to what is allowable evidence to challenge what they are doing.

This is not limited to fluoridation either, it is widespread policy that has been around for a long time.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

The pertinent part of the article:

Yet newly available data, released in recent months, indicates that in some 10 communities in the state wells harbor dangerously high levels of fluoride. In some cases, the wells contain more than double the level that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has deemed the acceptable maximum exposure level.

The water had nearly 7 times the maximum limit. I don't see how this in any way vindicates the fluoride conspiracy theorists.

I agree. The water in this article is naturally occurring high fluoride levels found in untreated well water.

I realize that the treated tap water to which fluoride has been added may still cause problems, but (as you said) this study was about naturally occurring fluoride levels that were 7 times higher than that.

edit on 8/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will
I just visited www.fluoridealert.org after your suggestion but there is no obvious clickable link to the 150 peer reviewed papers which you claim to show indicate fluoridated water supplies present adverse health effects.
If you are so well aware of their existence then please feel free to assist ATS members with a direct link.
I am surprised that such obvious and impressive evidence is not clearly displayed on the first page of their site...I wonder why.

edit on 24-8-2014 by grainofsand because: ...tidy up a sentence after using the word 'link' too much

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Lol. Does this mean I'm guilty of amateur yellow journalism? My bad. You are correct!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree. I came up off of underground spring water and well water. Small farming community with no local services so the school board would send us dentists once a year for check-ups. I don't think anyone in my school had a cavity. I didn't have my teeth cleaned by a dentist till I was in my 30's. I smoke so they were a little a brown I admit especially being a coffee drinker as well. But they were not "brown". Now after that witchcraft dentist scrapped my teeth with that motorized drill thingy, they are already more brown in the last 8 months than they were my first 30 years. She scrapped off all my enamel and then claimed that this jelly she slapped in my mouth would replace.

WTH!! A jelly is going to replace something that was coded in my DNA that she thought I could do without? I wish I never had to go back but now it seems I don't have a choice.
edit on 24-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The water in the OP's article was also untreated well water.

The high levels of fluoride were naturally occurring, and went unnoticed because the people were not testing their wells.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My teeth became brittle at a young age. I am only 30 and losing teeth to breakage. I don't know my bones are strong I fell off a building and didn't break a bone. I think sugar is to blame.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I agree. I came up off of underground spring water and well water. Small farming community with no local services so the school board would send us dentists once a year for check-ups. I don't think anyone in my school had a cavity. I didn't have my teeth cleaned by a dentist till I was in my 30's. I smoke so they were a little a brown I admit especially being a coffee drinker as well. But they were not "brown". Now after that witchcraft dentist scrapped my teeth with that motorized drill thingy, they are already more brown in the last 8 months than they were my first 30 years. She scrapped off all my enamel and then claimed that this jelly she slapped in my mouth would replace.

WTH!! A jelly is going to replace something that was coded in my DNA that she thought I could do without? I wish I never had to go back but now it seems I don't have a choice.

That jelly was an acid!
I watched a docu about hackers reverse engineering chips, they used a jelly obtained from a dentist to remove certain layers of the chip. I'm trying to remember the name of the acid but I think I've had too much fluoride. If I can remember it I'll edit this post.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Found it.

Hydrofluoric acid gel.
It dissolves calcium (bones) and glass!
Known as The Piss of the Devil!
Its about the most evil acid there is. If you get it on your skin you wont know anything for about 12 hours, then it starts eating your bones!
Dentists use it in a dilute form in a gel to make it a little safer to handle.

Here's the vid. Skip to 28:30

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

That jelly was an acid!
I watched a docu about hackers reverse engineering chips, they used a jelly obtained from a dentist to remove certain layers of the chip. I'm trying to remember the name of the acid but I think I've had too much fluoride. If I can remember it I'll edit this post.

Greeaat. Acid. I should have known that dentists were not above market manipulation. If they left well enough alone people wouldn't be coming back to them frequently enough to afford to keep a clinic open. I suppose it is somehow in our best interests that in order to have the service available for serious problems they need to be allowed to literally chisel out a living from peoples mouths.

I should copy and paste this post in the 'yeah capitalism' thread

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Found it.

Hydrofluoric acid gel.
It dissolves calcium (bones) and glass!
Known as The Piss of the Devil!
Its about the most evil acid there is. If you get it on your skin you wont know anything for about 12 hours, then it starts eating your bones!
Dentists use it in a dilute form in a gel to make it a little safer to handle.

Here's the vid. Skip to 28:30

Effin horrifying!

Wouldn't I rather have the gunk, that this acid is used to take off, on my teeth? And then religiously avoid that acid?

Am I missing something?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join