It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Shoots Down ‘Israeli Drone’ at Nuclear Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Iran has said it's Revolutionary Guard has shot down an Israeli stealth Drone near its nuclear facility in Natanz just 150 miles from Tehran.
The drone was believed to have been on a spying mission at the site.

Iranian state news agency ISNA cited the statement in its report, and said: “The downed aircraft was the stealth, radar-evasive type and it indented to penetrate the off-limit nuclear area in Natanz… but was targeted by a ground-to-air missile before it managed to enter the area.” The Revolutionary Guards did not say when they shot the drone down, or how they knew it was from Israel. The Israeli military said it did not comment on foreign reports.
www.independent.co.uk...

Could this breach of Iranian air space be an indication of an approaching attack by Israel given they seem to be on a roll at the moment with freedom to do as they please.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The Israeli military said it did not comment on foreign reports

What about the government? The IDF do their own thing or something? The Israeli government is ALL about sticking their nose into foreign reports. That is sort of their thing and how they have achieved such extraordinary expansion of its boarders over 60 years.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

What about the government?

I think they are one and the same thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: MALBOSIA

What about the government?

I think they are one and the same thing.

I know but how often are the "Israeli military" looked to for comment? Maybe about as often as Israel has no comment on a foreign report?

The IDF is normally what Israel's "military" are referred to as. It feels like the report was cleverly written to avoid the reader recognizing the heavily personified state of Israel being involved. I might be over reading but the article seemed strange to me and void of the usual flair that come articles written about Israel vs Iran.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I doubt Israel would stroll through Iran as it did with Palestine, Iran have an actual army.

No doubt just a sneaky spy mission

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Good. Now Iran should load it up with poop and fly it over Tel Aviv and turds away.

Israel ain't got the gnuts to attack Iran. They'll get the US to do it somehow

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So we can now expect to see a statement from Israel something along the lines of 'you're not allowed to shoot down our spy drones'
edit on 24-8-2014 by kicked because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If true Iran has some serious gaps in air defenses for a drone to get to that point.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It would be a very very different story if it was a Iranian drone over Israel war drums would be beating

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just as easily, it could be Israel testing the defense systems around the plant by sending in an unarmed stripped out drone as a tickler.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Photos anyone.

I don't believe they shot down anything.

Shooting at UFOs maybe.

Iran has a history of claims that they did things that never happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Photos anyone.
I don't believe they shot down anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The problem is Iran has a clone of the Hermes 450 that they fly.
they call it the Shahed -129 UAV.
Did someone in Iran goof and shoot down one of there own drones.
www.uasvision.com...
www.defence.pk...

or did it just crash and they thought they would make a plus out of it

new topics

top topics

join