It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Authority: Extremists No 'Islamic State'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
In order to quell the current rise in Islamophobia around the world, moderate Muslim nations would do well to offer to assist their brethren that is suffering at the hands of ISIS in Iraq and Syria, as opposed to relying on the U.S. to shoulder the burden alone.

I don't think the US should be shouldering the burden at all. That includes military aid.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That plays a big part in it. This wounded mindset both sides have is going to keep fighting dragging on and on for a long time.

I'd be willing to bet more then one Muslim has killed someone with retaliation for the crusades in mind.

Vice versa I'm sure plenty of Muslims have fallen to cross wearing Christians that are glad to be killing Muslims. You saw the ACOG scope scandal didn't you?

The main difference is that the US incursion didn't include door to door murder and rape of everything in site. Intention is everything. Sure we can say the intention was to go steal resources or whatever but you find me one marine or soldier who was on the ground who was there to do anything but get rid of bad people.

Good people get in the mix sometimes and that's a terrible terrible thing but in this world militaries are very necessary they will always be. The second you don't have control of the planet someone else will take it to control it one area at a time. Look up the College jail experiments. Great people turned into tyrants when given just a little control. Now "control" is a very relative word. I mean control as in keeping a$$hats from doing terrible things. No one wants us all miserable. Finding the balance of control/freedom is going to be the biggest challenge this planet faces I fear and its probably the same challenge that empire after empire have failed. Too much freedom and its game over too much control and the same thing happens. It would be an absolute nightmare to be responsible for trying to advance the species.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Maybe when the Coptic Christians stop facing persecution for not following Islam we can get back to this.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: demus

originally posted by: Gozer
a reply to: demus

Your ignorance of Mohammed and the Koran are duly noted.

are you a Muslim?

have you read a Qur'an?

I'm not a Muslim, nor anything else but I have read the Qur'an. And the Bible and a whole bunch of other religious books.

All of them are evil, bloodthirsty books of hate in my opinion and all are very contradictory throughout and they all call for killing/extermination in the name of god.

It isn't just the Quran, it's all books of religious belief. However, Mohammed seems to be the one who calls for non-Muslims to convert or die, so man times in one way or another throughout the Quran.

Quran (2:191-193) , Quran (2:244), Quran (2:216), Quran (3:56), Quran (3:151), Quran (4:74), Quran (4:76), Quran (4:89), Quran (4:95), Quran (4:104), Quran (5:33), Quran (8:12), Quran (8:15), Quran (8:39), Quran (8:57), Quran (8:59-60), Quran (8:65), Quran (9:5), Quran (9:14), Quran (9:20), Quran (9:29), Quran (9:30), Quran (9:38-39), Quran (9:41), Quran (9:73), Quran (9:88), Quran (9:111), Quran (9:123), Quran (17:16), Quran (17:16), Quran (21:44)........etc.

All of the above quotes in the Qur'an encourage violence against non-Muslims and account for only about 5% of the total quotes in the book that incite the killing of those who refuse to submit to Islam.

These are in chronological order too and look how close they're together within the versus/passages of this book. It goes on very regularly from there (21:44), right through to the end.

Gozer is quite correct. Any Muslim who denounces what ISIS is doing, is not actually a Muslim, for he cannot claim to be a true Muslim if he dose not follow his prophet with complete submission to his (Mohammed's), will.

As I stated earlier however, I have to give credit where credit is due. There are Muslims out there who have denounced the actions of ISIS as deplorable. They call themselves (or rather everyone else calls them) Moderate Muslims. They are not followers of Mohammed's true teachings if they are to ignore his calls for the death, rape and torture of those who refuse Allah.

This in my opinion makes them good people who do know how to cherish the value of human life and are a shining example that there is hope out there for a peaceful co-existence. The Kurds, the subject of the OP and many others who are actively rejecting ISIS and the true ways of Mohammed for their own "peaceful-ish", version of the religion.

Having said that... These people are in just as much danger from ISIS and other extremists groups as the rest of us. ISIS will view them as Kaffir along with the rest of us (those whom befriend the Kaffir or help them, will share their fate), witch they probably already know and this is all the more reason to admire them..!!
edit on 26-8-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That muslims dont support ISIS is just a lie they all do
muslims play always nice then they infiltrate countrys with high birth rates
when the muslims outweight the population they take over and turn violent
those outcries of western muslims about ISIS is just because they dont want to risk loosing their breeding nests in the west

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thevace
That muslims dont support ISIS is just a lie they all do
muslims play always nice then they infiltrate countrys with high birth rates
when the muslims outweight the population they take over and turn violent
those outcries of western muslims about ISIS is just because they dont want to risk loosing their breeding nests in the west

Muslims living in Western countries are very much in the minority.

Here in Australia with a population of nearly 35million, the Muslim population is around 1% (actually I think it's less than that, somewhere in the minus).

They don't stand much of a chance to out-breed us, as non-Muslims have had too much of a head start in the west and the animosity towards them will hamper their efforts to convert also. They have failed several times to have Sharia Law implemented into the legal system and our PM has already publically stated that if they don't like living our way, "go somewhere else".

To this date, I don't think any other western government leader has had the guts to tell them them to piss off...lol

That said, they are not all bad. I have met and known some Muslims in my time that I didn't even know were Muslim because they were just like everyone else in our little group. Many f them still are Just as Australian as the next bloke.

There are a few Muztards around, but all they are is white noise in the background and that's all they will ever be.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I disagree...I think the Islamic State represents the highest ideal of Islam when it desires temporal authority and its Caliph is the most authentic, albeit atrocious, representation of a Theocratic ruler and its current actions accurately depict what life is like when Church and State merge.

Too bad for the 1 Billion people that won't be able to accept the truth...so they rush to write legal opinions that will keep their own dreams of a religious Nation-State alive.

So many people can't stomach what their own thoughts and feelings look like when put into practice...that's the problem.

edit on 26-8-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
ran across two sources of relevant info:

news.yahoo.com...

Islamic authority (Grand Mufti of Egypt): Extremists no 'Islamic State'

Associated Press
By SARAH EL DEEB

CAIRO (AP) — The top Islamic authority in Egypt, revered by many Muslims worldwide, launched an Internet-based campaign Sunday
challenging an extremist group in Syria and Iraq by saying it should not be called an "Islamic State."

The Grand Mufti of Egypt, Shawki Allam, previously said the extremists violate all Islamic principles and laws and described the group
as a danger to Islam as a whole. Now, the Dar el-Ifta he oversees will suggest foreign media drop using "Islamic State" in favor of
the "al-Qaida Separatists in Iraq and Syria," or the acronym "QSIS," said Ibrahim Negm, an adviser to the mufti....

Now, this is the way to cut-off-the-head... not by sending a hunter-killer unit of USA Rambo soldiers...
have the Friday Prayer exclude the mention of extreme-barbaric Jihad & sex-Jihad... and give a sermon about moderate Jihad instead of violence...
-----

ISIS Aims to Reestablish Islamic Caliphate on Global Scale

August 25, 2014
click the short article & look at the Map...
these are the areas the ancient Muslim Empire held, these nations in Europe, Asia, India, 1/2 of Africa will be subjected to Islam Law as we Go Forward in time

A map posted by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, ISIS, shows areas of Europe, Africa and Asia that were once controlled by the Islamic caliphate, and areas that ISIS aims to recapture

Read more: www.lignet.com... m_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1#ixzz3BaouQIXr
All Rights Reserved LIGNET.com

thanks, the lignet link has a ad to register & subscribe...but the paragraphs & map is the desired info

edit on th31140914196227192014 by St Udio because: --===

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Kkffda reply to: St Udio

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Very upset

a reply to: kmd026

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

Australia hasn't got 35 Million people.. Maybe in 30 years or so but we barely have 25 Million.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Extremists No 'Islamic State'

No ?

well...they are calling themselves that. They probably feel they can back their Islamic agenda through at least a couple of Quran verses about beheading infidels and such.

If it ever came to a debate...I predict a stalemate between the authority and the extremists. Such is the nature of any religious doctrine.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000

It isn't just the Quran, it's all books of religious belief. However, Mohammed seems to be the one who calls for non-Muslims to convert or die, so man times in one way or another throughout the Quran.

Quran (2:191-193) , Quran (2:244), Quran (2:216), Quran (3:56), Quran (3:151), Quran (4:74), Quran (4:76), Quran (4:89), Quran (4:95), Quran (4:104), Quran (5:33), Quran (8:12), Quran (8:15), Quran (8:39), Quran (8:57), Quran (8:59-60), Quran (8:65), Quran (9:5), Quran (9:14), Quran (9:20), Quran (9:29), Quran (9:30), Quran (9:38-39), Quran (9:41), Quran (9:73), Quran (9:88), Quran (9:111), Quran (9:123), Quran (17:16), Quran (17:16), Quran (21:44)........etc.

All of the above quotes in the Qur'an encourage violence against non-Muslims and account for only about 5% of the total quotes in the book that incite the killing of those who refuse to submit to Islam.

Can you quote the actual verses themselves with an explanation of what they mean please? I would go look at my Qu'ran but I'm more interested in how you have come to the conclusion that all these are acts of aggression against Non-Muslims. I looked at your first quote and didn't see your point being made because it is actually an act of self defense against an aggressor from outside Islam.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join