It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Earthquake Rocks Northern California

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This earthquake has jangled a lot of nerves and caused much damage, but I have to share this photo because it made me smile.

It's a California thing...

image source

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

It's been a shaky morning, started to get very concerned that nothing sizable was getting released. There have only been 11 aftershocks over a 2.0 since the 6.0. I'm highly surprised there have been no 4's and no 5's. This is what is concerning my family and our friends.

Just dropped of some of our broken stuff. This is one of the many drop off locations, all the school parking lots look like this one.

Flung the bags at full force to get some of the aggression out, then sat down and cried for the first time.

ETA:

a reply to: Olivine

That's my husbands friend, lol.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for the update always here lurking and reading. Keep safe.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

Thanks! Today is the first day that I'm not on edge, last night I went to bed shaking from anxiety. The bugs and frogs were so so loud, I googled frogs and earthquakes..not a good idea to do before bed, lol.

The police wouldn't let me drop off my garbage/broken stuff/food in the pile last night. I went off on the cop in front of the news crews and that got their attention. So the cop said I could drop my 2 stinkin bags in the pile. 2 bags? Really? That pile of stuff in the pic I posted yesterday is all cleared up and schools are back in session. Most stores and buisnesses are open for service again. The town seems to be getting back to normal. I'm going to go on a bike ride downtown today and check out the progress.

Now that we have passed the 48 hour mark and haven't had a quake over 2.0 in about 24 hours, it's feeling safe again. I still have backpacks by the door and made an earthquake kit. Being a Celiac, it was hard to find food after the quake. I lived on fruit, chips and candy for a day and a half.

I competed a Did You Feel It (DYIF) report on the USGS site and according to them, the intensity was a 9 (IX)

IX. Damage considerable in specially designed structures; well-designed frame structures thrown out of plumb. Damage great in substantial buildings, with partial collapse. Buildings shifted off foundations.

Magnitude measures the energy released at the source of the earthquake.

Magnitude is determined by a seismograph

Intensity measures the strength of shaking produced by the earthquake at a certain location.

Intensity is determined by people, places and nature.

I guess the earthquake felt bigger because Napa is on top of sediment.

Magnitude / Intensity Comparison

My landlord hasn't even stopped by and has been promising for 2 days to come by and secure the water heater. It's basically free standing right now and if we have another quake that puppy will get loose, water and gas will then start leaking. Hopefully he decides to stop by today, time will tell.

Napa seems to be getting back to normal, let's hope it stays that way.

ETA:

Just had another baby aftershock, small one but my house shook. Release that pressure!!

edit on 27-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My wife and I slept through yet another earthquake...must be our good bed

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So this is interesting....People in Napa, some of my friends included, witnessed blue and green lights in the sky shortly after the earthquake. There has been talk that they were transformers but my friend that saw them said they were absolutely not transformers. He was adamant that they were in they sky and started talking about HAARP, lol.

Several people called the KPIX 5 newsroom after Sunday morning’s magnitude 6.0 earthquake in Napa, reporting mysterious flashes of light in the sky. Witnesses said the strange phenomenon looked like lightning.

Similar flashes of light have been reported in earthquakes around the world, from Japan to Peru.

Some Bay Area Residents Report Mysterious Flashes In The Sky During Napa Quake

I'm so stinkin disappointed in myself for not looking up at the sky, bad ATS member, bad!! Lol. The plan was to always look up after an earthquake but I guess adrenaline and being overwhelmed made me forget. Next time, I won't forget and will look up and snap some pics. If we do get another one but let's hope not, lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

How close are you to the epicenter? Did anything get knocked over in your house? This was a pretty violent quake. 4 of my neighbors homes were just red tagged and one is yellow tagged. So sad.

Glad you're ok

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

People in Napa, some of my friends included, witnessed blue and green lights in the sky shortly after the earthquake

Earth lights perhaps ?

the lights are caused by electrical properties of certain rocks in specific settings, report scientists in a new paper.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thank you! That's what I thought too
Checked google images and most resembled rainbows.

I'll have to show my super paranoid tinfoil hat wearing friend, lol.

From your link:

Freund says common forms of earthquake lights include bluish flames that appear to come out of the ground at ankle height;

The only difference is people were reporting seeing them in the sky. Mother Nature is full of surprises.

Thanks for the info.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: silly autocorrect it's tinfoil hat not til foil hat

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here a video from the wine train station. You can see the flashes in the background, those are coming from the direction of the epicenter and were the earthquake lights people reported seeing.

It also gives you an idea about the level of shaking, it was pretty violent.

ETA to add images:
Screencap of the blue lights people reported seeing.

This are a line of weird clouds I captured in the sky just a bit ago, other wise blue sky, maybe I'm being paranoid but are those earthquake clouds?!

edit on 28-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta: add images

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

edit on 29-8-2014 by gortex because: Oooops already posted

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just had another aftershock.

Not on usgs yet...

eta 3.4

My nerves...
edit on 31-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Here a video from the wine train station. You can see the flashes in the background, those are coming from the direction of the epicenter and were the earthquake lights people reported seeing.

It also gives you an idea about the level of shaking, it was pretty violent.

ETA to add images:
Screencap of the blue lights people reported seeing.

This are a line of weird clouds I captured in the sky just a bit ago, other wise blue sky, maybe I'm being paranoid but are those earthquake clouds?!

i saw the exact same cloud in the sky today, i didnt snap it cus i didnt have my phone on me, but i saw quite literately the same cloud formation.

the one i saw was much larger, almost across the whole sky. i assumed it was a plane trail that drifted but i dont know

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There is now one death that resulted from The South Napa Quake. A 65 year old woman passed away from a brain injury she sustained from a TV falling in her head. Sad...

First Earthquake Related Death Reported

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That is a bummer!

Bolt that TV down!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

So sad!

I've been listening to your advice
The new tv is bolted to the wall now! My husband wouldn't even let me take it out of the box until he had the wall mounting thingy!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join