It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are TPTB playing new tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Its been a while since I visited a website run by Jason Hommel who is a gold and silver merchant and offers commentary on future prices of gold and silver. Tonight I went to visit this site which I haven't done for a while. Upon opening the website I got a big red banner saying with no name or ID on it saying "this web page is an attack site' or words to that effect.

In extremely small print was an 'ignore this message' link but it will not open.

I've never had a problem with this website before and in view of all the banker deaths in the last 6 months and the article paul craig roberts has on how the prince of gold is artificially suppressed, I wondered if this big red banner is fake because no matter what I did I could not by-pass the banner and go to the site.

Would TPTB resort to putting an artificial block on the site in the form of this big red banner? there must be many other sites that also offer commentary on the price of gold and silver??

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

I checked it out. It has a Google warning redirect page up.

Been crawled by bots twice, according to a Google search. I would be very careful choosing to go there.

The bots for some reason, are totally redirecting from the website, and warning it has bad software. They still give the option to bypass the warning and go anyway, but, I sure wouldn't.

edit on 24-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I would like to see this god damn malware bypassing Safari protection on my MacBook. (As I've never encountered malware on any Apple computer)
The question is, am I brave enough ?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Suppressing info by denying access is definitely some next level bull s###.

Seems like a viable approach.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
After a bit of browser gymnastics, I was able to view the site. No recent articles; last one was posted in April. Also, did not see any malware. But, of course I'm using a Mac with ad blocking. Sorry ATS...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

I checked it out. It has a Google warning redirect page up.

Been crawled by bots twice, according to a Google search. I would be very careful choosing to go there.

The bots for some reason, are totally redirecting from the website, and warning it has bad software. They still give the option to bypass the warning and go anyway, but, I sure wouldn't.

so their tactic is working.

if they want to make some info less available just put up malware warning...

how many of us would risk health of our computer to see specific website?

few I guess.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Some hack telling idiots to buy gold and silver when the prices are at the highest? Someone trying to convince you the world is going to end so buy gold and silver instead of food and shelter? Buy low and sell high, don't you ever wonder why you are able to buy gold and silver? If you can buy it it means someone is selling it. Who is making money? Do you think the sellers are smarter or dumber than you are?

V

top topics

join