It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

The EBT cards are going to shut down. Can you imagine what’s going to happen in St Louis County when the EBT cards go down, when the ATM machines don’t work?”

Consider yourselves warned and now bracing for impact.

You mean the drug dealers will lose their source of income? as they will not have anymore EBT cards to change for cash or else.

OK, you know what, a revolution is well over due, but sadly one of the side effects will be a completely shut down of the nations economy, we all be rioting for food, while the rich will leave the nation, the supporters of the welfare class the working class and the poor will be fighting against each other for survival.

edit on 24-8-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Is to a degree is as simple as saying that. Had the American people not been so fascinated with "seeing a great old black POTUS before granny dies" in one half the population, and THAT FACT had not been used as a tool to dupe people into a racial type of guilt for them to give support, this WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED, and ##OBAMA## would NOT HAVE WON with the limited experience he possessed.

The man has been the perfect Manchurian Candidate. No one knows a damn thing about him. He has 5 SS #numbers, a fact that CANNOT be duped. He was born overseas, a fact pointed out by the Chicago Sun Times in 2007, waaay before the birther craze. And then there is the pesky thing about him saying he taught constitutional law, WHICH HE NEVER DID and UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO SAID AS MUCH! Then there is his disbarment, as well as Michele, which NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT. Name me ONE, just ONE American POTUS that the people didn't know every detail about their life to scrutiny, and then you can have your shenannigans, but guess what, YOU CANT.

People in this country still think that their "vote" counts. NEWS FLASH: The Electorial College and now the Lobbysts DECIDE THAT. The SC made it perfectly clear that BRIBING is allowed, and no matter how sheeple "vote" the Electorial College has the final say. PERIOD. Voting is a sham, PERIOD. So since the entire creation of ##OBAMA## was to get people to pick sides on a racial issue with an acceptable half black non threatening man, THERE YA GO.

And furthermore, the Democrats went for it hook line and sinker, and the Republicans are not as pissed as they fake to be.
edit on Sun Aug 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Sun Aug 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IBossJekler

Read the previous post. Race is as American as apple pie, and I explain very clearly how this plays into what is going on.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
So this happened 6 months ago. Back when congress was in session. Republicans in congress wanted to cut 20 bn$, Obama didn't want to cut food stamps at all, so they compromised at 8bn. What's the big deal? That congress actually accomplished something, 6 months ago?

The most intelligent post on this thread, and it gets completely ignored. Sigh. Why does that not surprise me?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It will force poor people out of the downtown cities and out into the countryside where food is cheaper and can be obtained from farm markets. There was a story about how a part of Washington DC was gentrified, a new Safeway store opened, and all the locals on benefits left the area because they couldn't afford to buy food there.

Actually, this is going to force everybody into efficiency cities. The government is actively trying to split the country into 10 sections per Agenda 21. Right now most cities are going vacant due to high unemployment and high cost of living/rent policies. Rent has become so inflated, that in southern cities, most can only afford to live in a Econostay or something like that. Don't forget CA passing laws that you can't leave your land to next of kin, it goes back to the state. I have friends in PA who have told me they are forcing them out due to high taxes, and the tax break forces them to open their acreage up to campers and whomever else, while giving up water rights on their land.

Nope, this is recreating what we consider a city.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

In California we have had over 70 state parks close. When SHTF, Im going to stake out a valley in a closed park and hole up until the fighting stops. (I have my wild edibles books ready lol) I hope to meet up with other sane people and start over without having to buy a permit to build my cave, treehouse or pitch my tent over night. I can collect all the rain water I need for my non-gmo garden.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I am going to say the Big Deal is that they decided to do this under the cover of Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Well said!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am not well versed in food stamps or the amounts people get to really know what this impact will be, but I have seen at least 4 or 5 shows where a reporter will attempt to live off of them for a month or so and from everything that I have seen based on that for a single individual, food stamps do not provide that much money as it is, better than zero I guess if you have to have help, but what you can buy is lot of high fructose, starchy processed foods , ramen etc, that's it or dried and canned foods.

with 40-50million on some public assistance this sounds like a recipe for disaster if the economy does not heal enough to create jobs to offset that number by at least a few million.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
I don't know which is worse in the op's post the racism or the ignorance. He blames Obama for everything but says nothing about the Republicans who are more than willing to let people starve. Also OP quoting a racist ahole like Sgt. Maj. Dan a nobody who dreams about killing people really doesn't help you any.

Explain the racism and the ignorance for me. I didn't blame ##OBAMA## in a finger point. I believe I threw him and his Congress in a bag together. I did point out that by having him as POTUS the people were distracted and duped, and in a follow up post I explained exactly how the race card was played on sheeple to support him, but how nobody's vote counted. Explain the ignorance and racism part for me.

Quoting Dan added to my point about THE FUTURE. Now who's being ignorant and denying it? You may not like the man, but the fact that the MSM released a video of him saying that particular quote among others, should at least allow people a clue as to what is going on right under their nose. His arrogance gave a big clue into what TPTB have up their sleeve. Accept it or not, ITS HAPPENING.

#Please.
edit on Sun Aug 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

In California we have had over 70 state parks close. When SHTF, Im going to stake out a valley in a closed park and hole up until the fighting stops. (I have my wild edibles books ready lol) I hope to meet up with other sane people and start over without having to buy a permit to build my cave, treehouse or pitch my tent over night. I can collect all the rain water I need for my non-gmo garden.

What experience do you have in survival other than your books..?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

If I were you I would stay away from the state parks. They can burn you out with a quickness. When SHTF you need to take the mentality of being constantly on the run. Definitely don't eat anything wild, you have no idea what the hell they are going to spray from the air on it. Remember, these people HAVE DRONES and can now use them STATESIDE. They also have Infrared camera satellites that can see what you are growing.

Also we don't know if they are going to implement the Mexican Cartel to protect all of CA's farmland...it could be a possibility. Never underestimate the enemy.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Poor people don't have a voice. If Obama tried cutting Israels 4 billion aid he'd be dead meat.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why cutting aid to the poor in the US while increasing the foreign aid of other countries, then the latest statistic shows that the welfare state has increased incredibly under the present administration by millions.

It makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Republicans have a whole lot to worry about though, they got owned and duped as well with the Trojan horse Tea party that last round, I think your requirements for president even eclipse any candidate that they have really had to offer, each one with his or her own skeletons and inadequacies.

You are putting too much faith and stock in a social security number as well as a birth certificate, those might be qualifiers for office but beyond that they are no predictor whether or not that person elected will have the ability to preside, you do remember that the last one that was a product of the republicans really did nothing except get us into Iraq, which his wiser father warned against, and it has led to the ISIS mess we now have, Cheney was the proxy president by the way.

So I don't get too far off topic, does anyone have an updated figure for this in case someone needs to be checked ?

The Food Stamp President

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Books arent my total sum of knowledge. My dad trapped for the state, so I grew up 'surviving' in the woods.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A food stamp cut but California State workers are going back on furlough and nationwide there are no new jobs. Congress gets to vote in raises for themselves twice a year. What's wrong with this picture?

Add to that low to no interest loans if you are an immigrant so you won't need the system. Can buy yourself a convenience store or gas station or...any small business. Does our government have something against long time residents of the US? Do they not have common sense? Are they smart enough to be in their positions? I don't see any evidence of that.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Obama is quickly becoming worse than when he first became president.
Waits for racist comments.

So does this mean we'll be seeing more and more chimp-outs or... what?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

Why wait for the racist comments, the republicans wanted to cut 20 billion in food stamps, obama 0, they got together and cut 8 billion. Before posting your opinion why dont you read the story and some of the comments in here.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18330613]dukeofjive696969[/post

If Americans are so racist, why is Obama and Holder in charge?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join