It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Funny, as I qualify for about 75 of those jobs. On the Dice generated search.
For the Monster search, I should have qualifications for about 1/4 of them listed.

Seems that I planned responsibly for my future.
edit on 9-9-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Answer me this question:

What does Promote the General Welfare mean to you?

You are trying to attack my character and place the blame solely on my for my lack of employment(or motivation to bust my arse for $10 an hour) instead of answering the difficult questions. This thread is relevant to this debate: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Despite my issues most people are jealous of my lifestyle, even though I am dirt poor.

Keep pretending you are a better person than me, I can assure my life experience has been satisfying. It is good to be a pirate.
edit on 9-9-2014 by jrod because: arrr

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Answer me this question:

Please go back and read what I have stated before. I have addressed this within this thread, as you buddy tried this same line.

You are trying to attack my character and place the blame solely on my for my lack of employment(or motivation to bust my arse for $10 an hour) instead of answering the difficult questions.

You brought it up.
Now your all butthurt because it is flipped around on you.
And yes....it is YOUR fault that you can't get a job that bars criminal records. YOU made the choice in life.

Despite my issues most people are jealous of my lifestyle, despite being dirt poor.

Well, good for you.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Keep pretending you are a better person than me, I can assure my life experience has been satisfying. It is good to be a pirate.

Hey, that chip on your shoulder is big enough to be seen on the internet.

I never said I was better then you.

YOU stated that, which leads anyone to see that you have unresolved issues about this.

YOU and YOU alone divulged the info that you did. But, just like the job situation, you are looking to blame someone else.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Surely if you gave a damn about the people out of work and families out of work, you would create the jobs first and then cut the food stamps?

shocker that this article doesn't say anything about the republicans insisting that food stamps be cut before they would send this bill to the president to be signed, in fact, they wanted it cut more!!

I'm getting tired of everything that happens or doesn't happen legislatively is blamed on Obama....the republicans should own up to what they are doing....by the way for you guys banging the drums for following the constitution, legislation can only be made by congress, not by the president, he has an up or down vote...period.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I am not butt hurt at all. Why would you write such a thing?

You never answered the question, just dodged it and resorted to character attacks. This is a much bigger issue than my way of living. I have collected food stamps since 2010 and have an Obama phone that has helped me find some odd jobs(money in my pocket).

It seems like you hate people like me.

Money does not equal happiness. I once had a squeaky clean record, a decent Security Clearance, 5 figures in a Savings account, a steady paycheck and was not happy. I am much happier being dirt poor.

Why do you refuse to answer a simple question?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am not butt hurt at all. Why would you write such a thing?

Because them is how I see it.

You never answered the question, just dodged it and resorted to character attacks.

I did answer the question. You just don't like the answer.

This is a much bigger issue than my way of living. I have collected food stamps since 2010 and have an Obama phone that has helped me find some odd jobs(money in my pocket).

Well good for you, for living off the finances of others.
Good thing you have time to hang out on the ATS, via Internet using a PC.

It seems like you hate people like me.

I hate that people do what you do.
Not only do you push for your "entitlement" to Govt provided crap, while I pay for it. YOU justify it as a great thing. And provide reasons why you are where you are.
YOU made a choice that put YOU in the situation YOU are in. And yet you are entitled to someone else carrying YOUR financial burden.

Money does not equal happiness. I once had a squeaky clean record, a decent Security Clearance, 5 figures in a Savings account, a steady paycheck and was not happy. I am much happier being dirt poor.

SO what...
I guess that since you are "happy" being dirt poor, it is okay to get your entitlements to continue your happiness.
Glad my hard work, responsible life planning, dedication in my careers and removal of MY earned money can provide you with your happy lifestyle due to YOUR decisions.

Why do you refuse to answer a simple question?

Already answered it.
It is also answered within the documents that were created by the Founders.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Dodging a question and claiming that I am bastardizing the Constitution is NOT answering the question, please try again. This is a long thread, if you already have an answer it should only take about a minute or so to type it out again. You have no intent in actually answering the question, keep up the diversion tactics!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And again. There is no dodging.

What does the Constitution state in regards to Govt Welfare??

That is where my answer is formed. Very simple really.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Again you never answered the question.

Do you even know where Promoting the General Welfare is found in the US Constitution?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes, it is right next to the separation of Church and State.

Honestly. Can you come up with anything else like, maybe a Federal Govt instituted agency just 20 years after the creating of the document where its task was to take tax dollars, and hand it over to citizens as "welfare"?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I imagine some of his supporters will be upset and less gullible next time...

edit on 9 9 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ironic you say that mac because YOU seem to be the poster on this site I've noticed with the biggest chip on your shoulder.

Always touting how massive your skill set is and how awesome the military is. Always complaining about people on welfare and always whining about people who don't work as hard as you. Always convinced of your own superiority because you bought into the system so ardently.

Funny stuff.
edit on 9-9-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How about, they take the excess crops grown in the US and make them available to the poor?

You create jobs with the distribution system for these excess crops.

The poor would get healthy food directly from the farms.

Andy you would save money by cutting fraud from the ebt card programs

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

When someone champions the removal of MY earned income, to supplement their poor life choices, I have a big issue.

I don't care if people work as hard as me, or harder, or not at all.

But........don't then turn around and expect others to be fine with paying for your or others life choices.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Hey, I got no problem with the idea of handing out Beef, Dairy, Rice and Bread to those that need food....on a temporary basis.

There is no reason at all that people should be given free reign while getting free handouts from the Govt, funded by others.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What about your income that is taken away and given to Israel?

You have been paying me since 2006, when I used to collect Navy Pay. Keep up the good work and I will continue to live the good life!

If there are large cuts in food stamps, crime will go up. Since you likely have never been hungry and searching for food, I seriously doubt you understand that a hungry man will go to extreme measures to feed himself.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So you are trying to tell me that Promoting the General Welfare is part of the 1st Amendment?

Fail again on your part. Maybe you should read the US Constitution sometime.

One of the goals, the main frame of the Constitution was to Promote the General Welfare. It has been in our Constitution since her inception.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What about your income that is taken away and given to Israel?

Really???? Is that all you got??
Please, go and research my statements regarding this. I am sure that you will be surprised with what you find.

You have been paying me since 2006, when I used to collect Navy Pay. Keep up the good work and I will continue to live the good life!

And that right there is the reason why people like me are getting fed up with people like you.
But, don't fret. Since this is the first full year of owning my own business, our CPA is working to reduce my taxes greatly.
And I can't wait till there is nothing more to get from people like me. I assume you will look to someone else to carry your poor life choices.

If there are large cuts in food stamps, crime will go up. Since you likely have never been hungry and searching for food, I seriously doubt you understand that a hungry man will go to extreme measures to feed himself.

And doom on those that commit crime.
I do love this idea that people like myself should be content with "paying off" people like you, in the guise of not committing crime against me.

I say bring it on.

If you and others think your okay to commit crime against others, then there really is no wonder why you are in the position you are in.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Where did you get that idea. I guess sarcasm is lost on the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join