It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus died for the angel's too.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Adam and Eve weren't perfect. God said that it "wasn't good" for man to be alone. Therefore, he was imperfect from the get go.

Since Eve was created by fracturing Adam, taking something from him, his rib, and moving it to something outside of himself, creating woman, caused a schism in Adam's psych. His perspective of self was fractured.

God didn't make mankind perfect, and he deliberately set man up for his current journey, of finding wholeness and divinity within, and the meaning of right and wrong, by making him imperfect and ignorant in the first place.

Of course the whole Adam and Eve story is metaphor. and not to be taken literally.

Bingo

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Did you not read Hebrews 9 in my op? Its about Jesus' permanent sacrifice for our sins.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The theory that Christ died for angels seems to be undermined by the beginning of Hebrews 2:16. How are you interpreting this portion " For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham..."?

So sorry, I overlooked your question. I believe I addressed this in my op, but here it is. Man is the lowest form of fallen soul-life in my opinion. The animals do not share man's nature, therefore they do not share Adam's original sin. Therefore, it could be said that Jesus became a man to die for the sins of mankind and up. That would be man, nephilim, and angel. Man being the lowest sinners, and angels being the highest sinners.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If God made a flawed creation on propose....well that idea pretty much would negate everything we know about the bible and God, this is false. It is simply a lie propagated by intellectuals. No all of God's original creations were perfect, but he embedded within them free will, even free will to sin, his creation were not programmed robots. But the ability to sin would not be stopped by God, this is not a flaw in creation, but his creation has the ability to go from perfect to imperfect by there own choice, thus they controlled there own perfection, thus it is somewhat of a catch 22. God could have created beings incapable of choosing to sin, but that programing would have taken away free will. Of course I only refer to Angels that took that choice and sided with Satan, and Adam and Eve.

However I believe at some point over a 1000 years from now billions of perfected humans on earth will face the same question again, and if they sin then, even Jesus blood won't cover them. This can be found in Revelations Chapter 20

This is why I believe there is no redemption for angels that sin, they are perfect in every way, they know better, they have seen God, they have talked to God. They well know the consequence of their choice, for them it was spiritual suicide.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Did you not read Hebrews 9 in my op? Its about Jesus' permanent sacrifice for our sins.
I have read Hebrews 9 and have studied it in some detail, but it doesn't mention anything about "payment" for sins.
One of the verses you quoted in the OP sums it up:

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
The two Greek words that are translated into the English as the parts I underlined, are related, where the first one is the adjective, and the second is the verb.
So it ends up meaning that Jesus as the risen Christ is forgiving, and so is of the proper character (or psychological makeup) to forgive sins.

edit on 27-8-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join