It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Made in China" is Turning Into "Made in Africa"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Interesting.......It seems that in its "rise to the top" China is bringing its old-World supports along with it. China and Africa were heavy trade partners along the Silk Route during the time of the Chinese empires including the Han Dynasty, Zhou, Tang, etc... China is heavily invested in Africa and this relationship will only get stronger in the coming years.

For decades, the Chinese government has had a foothold on the African continent. During the Mao era, the Chinese government funded and executed massive infrastructure projects like a railway connecting Tanzania and Zambia, reaping benefits on multiple levels. Not only does China have access to the wealth of natural resources in a multitude of African countries, the support from those nations was necessary for the People’s Republic of China to gain membership to the United Nations, opening up a plethora of opportunities in international diplomacy and trade.

Chinese support in Africa has been on a steady rise in the past 25 years. Trade between China and Africa rose by 700 percent in the 1990s. China’s foreign direct investment in Africa has increased by over 50 percent per year since 2001. Aside from the highly visible presence of state-owned enterprises that take on massive projects, privateers like Sun Qiaoming have been carving out their own commercial fiefdoms as well.

My only question is why didn't the US invest in Africa more? It has a multitude of natural resources; China sees that so why didn't the US? The US is now trying to establish stronger relations with Africa during a recent US-Africa Leadership Summit, but I think it's too little too late to stop the rapid advancement of China. In it's need to do things cheaper, China is now using Africa so instead of made in China on everything we'll see "Made in Africa"..........What says ATS?

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
so it's not just Florida they're after?

wtf

edit on 23-8-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
so it's not just Florida they're after?

wtf

They have footholds in Southern California, the Bay Area, Northern California, Vancouver, Toronto, London, anywhere where there is a Chinese embassy and/or direct flights.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Because it is hideously corrupt and prone to evil dictatorships. China isn't known for exporting high quality goods so they care less about ethics and standards.

My only question is why didn't the US invest in Africa more?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

China sees that so why didn't the US?

One of the reasons is China has 1 billion more people than the US, they need resources, room and money flow to support their homeland and population, and they have a lot of people to send anywhere.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
China makes cheap crap.

I got some very nice beads, necklace and earrings handmade in Africa. Kenya I think.

I suppose this wouldn't mean authentic African if the Chinese are involved

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i Can tell you even in the Canada east coast they are byuing farm land... all they can get a hand on.

a french news on this www.lesaffaires.com...
edit on 23-8-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

OH, good article, but for anyone that missed that memo back in May of this year, China gave 12 billion dollars to Africa to make improvements such as infrastructure and most importantly and strategically, high speed rail, all the better to get those natural resources out of there and take advantage of their own offshoring of sorts, satellite labor regions to help mass produce their goods and stamp them with Africa, I bet that's where the made in Africa is coming from!
By proxy, made in Africa but really Chinese funded ventures!
This is a huge reason the U.S. and some other countries might feel like they slept on this opportunity and China is gaining a stronger foothold by investing and partnering with Africa, it really does have a great potential for economic growth, China is also using this same influence in Latin America.
Hey but the U.S. can't be too upset, after being the war machine and having to loan money from China, and all of the money sucked out from made in America by way of the port of Walmart.
edit on 23-8-2014 by phinubian because: adding info

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When Greenland opened up for searching and mining their resources some years ago, China was there in a split second, and thats for a reason.

Greenland, a frontier market unlike any other for China

The quasi nation, which is slowly becoming independent from Denmark, possesses some of the largest reserves of gold, iron, copper and zinc in the world. After China, Greenland has the biggest deposits of rare earths – materials essential to tech devices such as smartphones. Its uranium resources, should they be mined, could put the arctic country among the top exporters of the elements.

All of this is becoming available in a space of land the size of Germany, as climate change melts the ice and opens up access. The country also has oil, an estimated 32 billion barrels worth, which could put it among major producing nations such as Nigeria and Kazakhstan, although the reserves have not been commercially proven yet. More than half of the island has yet to be explored.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Because we are short term instant gratification thinkers with a democratic government that has to much red tape is to bloated to do anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

that reminds me of that asian place named 'usa' so their
products are stamped 'made in usa' legally

so you think they're involved in Latin America as well?

edit on 23-8-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Made in Africa

No need to worry about malware in your new iPhone, worry about human malware, like ebola, when you unwrap it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I suppose this means that rather than a cheap product breaking after first use, now I'll get scammed after as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Makes sense. Isn't the major source of one of the most important metals for cellphones, comps and the like Africa? Why spend money transporting raw material or refined things overseas back home when you can make it right near the source? Saves money, less workers needed, more local cultures exploited in true capitalistic fashion.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I suppose this means that rather than a cheap product breaking after first use, now I'll get scammed after as well.

LOL! True!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I guess america sees no reason to invest in africa if we need something from africa we just buy it from them.Diamonds and precious metals? sure we`ll buy some, How much? no problem we`ll just print up some more dollars.Here you go some nice crisp,fresh off the presses $100 bills, pleasure doing business with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
i Can tell you even in the Canada east coast they are byuing farm land... all they can get a hand on.

a french news on this www.lesaffaires.com...

They're everywhere here on the west coast of Canada. You would think you landed in China. They own every corner store.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So going from worrying if lead is in a product to AIDS and ebola. Cool.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Bet we all still buy the crap.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
do you realize that in that one film about people on the train, the Chinese and the African were to only survivors,, right? foreshadowing. the US will not be the central authority on wealth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join