It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Sound in the Pacific Since 1991

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sounds nearly like a klaxon alarm. What are the odds a long lost nuclear sub would still survive? Klaxon sounding the alarm to a long dead crew..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I thought they were also thinking the Lone Whale might also have some kind of disability or defect that causes it to sing in the wrong frequency so it sounds like the only one. It would be like the only radio operator attempting to talk on a frequency and concluding that he's the only guy left on earth when everyone else was simply using another frequency.

Either way, it would make the poor guy awfully lonely.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe the biggest volcano on earth is causing that sound? It supposed to be a dead... Considering that this massive volcano was just found last year, I don't think they crossed all their 't's or dotted all their 'i's yet.

Posted: Sep 06, 2013 1:44 PM AST Updated: Sep 05, 2014 1:44 PM AST
By Tammie Souza, FOX 32 News Weekend Meteorologist
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

Scientists believe they have found the largest volcano on Earth, but to see it you'll need a scuba mask rather than binoculars. That's because it is submerged in the Pacific Ocean.

Researchers in the Journal Nature Geoscience say the giant volcano known as Tamu Massif is bigger than the state of New Mexico. It measures 400 miles wide and 2.5 miles high and until now its short, wide shape had kept it hidden within an oceanic plateau in the northwest Pacific Ocean. Geologists at the University of Houston estimate Tamu Massif is only 25% smaller than the largest volcano in our solar system which is Olympus Mons on the planet Mars.
MSM Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join