It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What led me to join ATS,,, it was this,,,,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
HI Indigo.
Looking back to the start, I wish I had had a camera to try taking a picture. While I currently am into photography, at the time of all this, I didn't own nor have an idea of how to operate a camera. As for pictures in my later years, yes. All that I have is pictures of the neighborhood as it looks now, and a few of our home before it was sold and torn down.
Its not hard to remember the feeling or have the same mindset as back then, all I have to do is think about what I remember seeing.
Right now I live in Virginia Beach, just a few minutes from where I grew up (I do re-visit the area often to see what has changed), so taking pictures now hasn't really been foremost on my agenda.
And lastly, even at that age, one thought that stuck with me was maybe I was a nut case. Had one of my friends told me this, my first thought would have been that they needed mental help, so I kept to myself about it when I realized others didn't see it.

PS, Wish everyone would stop welcoming me, been here since 2006
But thanks all the same.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well just read your opening post and skipped straight to the last page to leave a comment. Your story, by story I'm not trying to say you are making this up as I have no proof at all but that was a very intriguing story I wanted more! Can you remember any other differences apart from the cars and dresses, you mentioned what you described as a butchers were there any other shops or signs ? Just reading this reminded me of episodes of Fringe. If you haven't seen fringe it will be right up your street it's all about dimension shifts it's a good program (it's a fictional tv series btw) funny as well. Either way thanks for sharing your experience it was a nice read and interesting

I won't welcome you to ats as you seem to be moaning about it now
but I'll say hello from little old England .. Tea?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural
During my younger years and when I first experienced it, I was normally just wearing jeans and t-shirt, or in the colder months, jeans and winter coat.
While I did seem to notice others wearing denim, it was more of the type that was worn for work. Others seemed to be wearing corduroy or something similar.
The vehicles I saw wear were along the years of those that I recall from my younger years in Boston, mostly cars with fins on the tail lights, and more than a few station wagons.
Only one side of the street had a walkway. The walkway was "inlaid bricks"??? Best description.
The air was very clear, but had a strong smell of raw tobacco.
The general populace was Caucasian, although there were a few black people, one of whom actually spoke to me.
One other thing that I remember from one instance was hearing the sound of a train whistle or a boat whistle, low and loud, but I don't recall anything that would indicate that either of those was near.
Those are a list of the major things that I can recall from the experiences.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker
Hi PeaceMaker,
Looks like I was typing most of the answers to your question before you asked them.
,,,, I'll take that tea with a bit of cream and one cube of sugar.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oo sorry another question I know i could of edited my post but you may miss it, have you ever tried looking for maybe old maps from years back or even pictures ? In one of your replies you mentioned a what you described as a train whistle. Is there any history or rail rounds or maybe big factories that were near by

Thanks for your time

Yup the above post pretty much answered my previous question.

PS.
Welcome to ats .. I had to say it, not to be ***k but because I felt bad. 2006? Damn I was getting wasted then
edit on 27-8-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
Good question. On occasions when it appeared, it seemed like almost a really bad movie with a smokey haze in front of it. But as I got closer, entered, and crossed, it would progress from hazy, to crystal clear, and then I was past it and everything back to normal.
I never had any thoughts on if could touch the guy that spoke to me or other people, they just looked normal enough nt to even have that question cross my mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nearest thing I know of a factory in the area was Globe Iron Construction, but they were still in operation when all this was going on. One of the things that I do know is that there was NOTHING of interest in the area before the neighborhood and the school was built. Have to be honest tho, I haven't done more than a rudimentary search for old maps of the area.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel that's fair enough
well thanks again for sharing your experience I'll be following this thread to see what else may come to light and to see what others may have experienced. Cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is "Almost" like what I would see, but the cars, the buildings and the people seemed a lot more modern. And the street did not extend as much in either direction that I could actually see. There was never any construction like this near Lead Street.
ALMOST

I don't recall seeing any power lines.

edit on 27-8-2014 by lance_covel because: (no reason given)

No median in the street and more vehicles.
Slightly more separation in between the buildings.

,,,And in vivid color.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
this is some crazy ish right here! wow.....I have no words....or explanations...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
yes i had things like this happen to me. accross from our school was a religious jesuit girl's school once. well one day after summer it just dissappeared. i asked other people if they saw it later on and some said they saw it still there while others were like yeah i remember something being there but now theres nothing. i once talked to someone who's been in the military and they told me it's some kind of secret miiltary hologram operation but i think they were making fun of me. they had all these movies from the black market and told me i need to watch more movies.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

*Massively speculative twaddle follows*

It seems, from what you describe, as if there was a semi-stable eddy in space time, localised to a single area on the planet. When you finally interacted with it, the eddy became unstable, and collapsed, closing this window on the past, probably forever.

Of course, that would make very little sense in terms of why a space time eddy would appear on the same place on the planet, given that although the rotation of Earth, its orbit around the Sun, and so on, are regular as clockwork, because of the movement of the Solar System through the galaxy, and its movement through wider space, the planet Earth does not occupy the same location in space one day to the next. It is always in motion, and so the idea of an eddy in space time forming around this one location, on a body which is constantly in motion, and has moved a great distance, seems a little strange to me!

Check this out. Lets say that the road you saw, was exactly as it was, in the year 1900. It has been 114 years since then. There are 999,303 hours in 114 years, and the solar system moves in its orbit around the galaxy, at a staggering 800,000 kilometres per hour. So, that means that since the period in question, this planet has moved a whopping 799,442,400,000 kilometres! The area of space time we occupied back in the day, is WAAAAAY way back on the route around the galaxy that this solar system is on.

That said, I guess it is possible that the eddy could have formed around the planet by some means, locking down onto it somehow. I mean, who really understands this stuff? Anyway, its a grand thing to contemplate, and I have to thank you for that OP!
edit on 28-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected grammatical error.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Ummm, Okay. All that was way above my head.
All I can say is that I could see it then, but I cant see it now. Maybe its just an anomaly that is moving. But if someone else sees it again 50 years from now in the same place, remember I saw it first.
,,,, or at least was the first to admit I say it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Do you remember anything like signs with names of specific shops? Many businesses in the past were local only so it might be a clue you can look into to see if you can find anything like that mentioned anywhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural No. Pretty much everything that I can recall is already in my previous posts. There was nothing that I can even recall seeing that even reminded me of the area that I lived in or even of Norfolk as I knew it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It might be from a different location not just different time.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2014 by Aural because: sorry im double posting everywhere ugh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join