It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What led me to join ATS,,, it was this,,,,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus
Now THAT is intersting. Sounds like case of time shift that everyone is mentioning. I just barely had a chance to read up on it since laast night, working 7 days a week at the moment.
You should do some research about the store if its still around, or if anyone in the area remembers it. Sounds like it might have some history about it. Just finding out more about the store should be really interesting in itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Started in on the book, up to the point where Jack saw the swirling in the sand, had to stop for dinner. This book is definitely going to be a good read. May have to load it on my phone so I can read at will.
THANKS.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Always find these 'time-slip' stories fascinating.

Could it be that this phenomenon isn't necessarily people viewing the past (our past) but just like another parallel dimension in real-time but that the other dimension is further behind in their timeline relative to ours?
edit on 24 8 2014 by Decaeus because: added

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It also reminds me of a Stephen King novel. 11/22/63. You guys should check it out. The talisman and black house (the sequel) are fantastic btw
edit on 8/25/14 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
One thing you didnt describe is how you were dressed around the time. I mean if it really would be something that would look out of place to someone in the past or if it was just you acting weird in reaction to things.

I kind of think if you entered that area and stayed long enouugh you would be stuck there a while or perminently.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A friend of mine had a similar experience in the New York woods near Sleepy Hollow in Westchester.

In these woods she and her friends frequently saw a cabin... very rustic... and it was inhabited by people dressed in garb from the late 1600's early 1700's and they carried "blunderbusses" which they often pointed at the kids ... who probably looked very strange to them being in 1970's garb and style.

The cabin was only there sometimes, but they saw it more than a dozen times... but most of the time there was only woods.

There was also a creepy old mansion that is owned by the Queen of England... the Macy Mansion... and it's haunted by an invisible dog... the Macy Dog... that everyone heard and had some story about. It would chase people, snarling and barking and the grass would part, but no dog.. .that you could see.

Sounds like a very weird area... time slips... ghosts... no wonder the Headless Horseman was set there.

Sounds like your area is comparable... though you're likely the catalyst. My friend is sensitive and is something of a paranormal beacon. I'd bet you are, too.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
First, I believe what you experienced was real.

I myself have had too many extremely bizarre events happen to doubt it.

For example, I knew my wife's name and what she looked like 13 years before meeting her.

These events remind me a lot of dreams.

My belief is that dreams have a very spiritual significance and are not just random events.

For this type of encounter to not have some spiritual meaning would make little sense.

Are there any spiritual events you may have had in the past that may be connected to this?

Is there a any spiritual history in your family?

How many times did this happen?

Did you ever mention it to any family or friends?

You have never heard of the "River of Oblivion"? Your memory gets wiped before you live it from incarnation to incarnation. You get to preview your entire life before you live it. The times that you have Deja Vu or know something that happens in the future those are the times that not all of the "film" got deleted.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My wife and I had a time slip a couple few years ago. I created a thread here about it. I had to renew my drivers license, and when we were done at the DMV, we jumped in the vehicle and headed home. As we left the DMV, and coming off the ramp to enter the highway, I felt strange. It was a buzzing/numb-type of feeling. As we went down the highway, I remember looking over at my wife and she was leaned forward, as if in a daze. I've never seen her do that. Never before and not since. Next thing I know, we are entering our capitol city. Thing is, we arrived in this city only after about 12-15 minutes, maybe less. From where we were, it would've taken at least an hour to get there, assuming traffic was good.

I immediately pulled off the road and stopped when I saw the known buildings in Charleston. That numb feeling stopped. My wife snapped out of her daze and asked why the hell we were in this town. We just sat there looking at each other trying to figure this out. We should've been close to home in the opposite direction. It makes no sense because we've drove that road many times. We had to call a family member to pick up our other kid at the bus stop because we were over an hour away from home. It was bizarre and I have determined that it was some sort of time slip. It wasn't exhaust fumes or anything like that either. This was a fairly new vehicle.

I like to ask my wife about it from time to time to see her reaction because she doesn't even contemplate the paranormal, really. I think she's secretly a die-hard skeptic. But it's amusing to me to see her try and rationalize it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of that one urban legend where somebody got lost after going off one of the main interstates in the midwest and went into a town that was for all purposes a throwback to the 1940s. And then they couldn't find it at all later on. Turned out the place was wiped out by a tornado in 1947.

Would be interesting to know if that road existed in a historical sense. Remember Norfolk has had at least 2 or 3 major hurricanes, and some other infrastructure was torn down or relocated for modern highways and updates to the Navy base. From what I understand, they even had a passenger railway that's not there anymore.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Crazy cool mysterious stuff huh?

Way before the movie "Gremlins™" came to the big screen, I used to get chased home by the little bastards sitting on neighbors' porches. Out after dark.

It wasn't until after the movie came out that I realized on a subconscious level; I thought of them initially as being "gremlins."

Then I realized my dreams are a little on the vivid side.

Then holy-crap! in 2000 I was rocking sim city 2000™ with all the cheats; utopic opportunity- I thought, then all of a sudden a black plane smashes into my wtc and I'm under a terrorist attack!

Something I cannot prove, nor re-acquire such a scenario. Did it really happen, or was it just another vivid dream?

Be it as it may, etched into my psyche...

Are we haunting the ghosts that are haunting us?

Welcome to whatever this is...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have never experienced any 'time-shifts' that I was aware of, when I read of the noise outside the window made me think of when I was a little kid, we moved from California to Michigan (due to my dads work) lived in the country and my dad built a house across from an empty field, beside that field was a farmhouse and the lady that lived there alone was in her 90's and her family (which lived elsewhere) farmed the land. She told me tales of her grandfather and Great grandad that had a log cabin directly across from where my dad built our house. She showed my brother and I some silverware with a large 'L" on it and asked if we knew who it belonged to? We didn't know of course, she said it belonged to the French explorer Lafayette and that here great grandpa and he was friends and he would stay for a few days when he would travel to Canada, he left the silverware at the cabin one time and never came back, anyway I am getting away from my story (I mentioned this as it has always bothered me when I got older that the silverware wasn't in a museum and I believe her family sold it in a yard-sale!).
Anyway, late at night in the summer we would hear a piano playing and there was no lights on in the old farmhouse and she said she never learned to play the piano and it was too old to use anyhow as it had been in the family as long as she could remember, my brother and my 3 sisters always heard it and when I mentioned it to my mom she just said it's probably the old lady, being a kid I never questioned why it went on all night and seemed to come from the empty field! I often wondered if when the cabin was there they had the piano?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

OK...Quick notes/thoughts..

You might be telling us a "story"..if so, I like it.

assuming that you are being fully honest...

It could be argued that children, not having learned what is "reality" yet nor the logical standards of reality are more sensitive to these types of paranormal experiences.

Your particular experience might have persisted into early adulthood or teen years because of the regularity, repetitiveness of the experience. A regular and reliable occurrence on your walk home on the same route.

Why you and not others? Or at least others that discussed it publicly?. If this street was apt to "time shift" do you think it would for others? Can you think of a "reason" you had this experience where others might not?

Did you ever consider bringing a camera? You must have understood, more so in later years, that this was a unique experience? ever consider taking a camera with you?

Were you alone every single time you took this route? Did it occur only when you were alone? Ever tempted to take anyone with you?

A Camera might be warranted even now? Put yourself in the mindset...try to remember the feelings, memories, experience as vividly as possible at the location and take pictures in all directions.

I am skeptical, but all the same, welcome to ATS and great story...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Thanks for sharing. Reminds me when I was a kid. We used to explore old abandoned buildings that used to be part of the World's Fair. The buildings were decrepit, with holes through some of the floors and you can fall through. We used to go exploring through there with flashlights and see all kinds of crazy stuff - like a space capsule. It was a lot of fun. Wonder how we are still alive.. Anyway just brought back some memories. Thanks for sharing. Sorry off topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hmm.. would like to see that video..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

Can I ask you a question..

What was the texture of the scene you saw? Was it solid, indistinguishable from the real thing? Or was it faded out, not solid, like you cannot touch or interact with what you saw? Like if you tried to touch or push the guy who spoke to you, you think he would he feel it?

---

BTW thanks for sharing your story which led to other interesting stories.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
We used to live in an old house, built in the 1880's. Behind us was an elementary school, rather similar to how you lived by a school. When we would dig in our yard, often we would find pieces of glass. Sometimes the glass was small and other times large, really large like bigger than a brick.

I did some research and learned that the house we lived in used to be a farm house and the entire block was once the field behind the house. Hard to believe, given that it's a small city now. At some point in the 1920's, the farm land was bought by a glass factory that went out of business during the Depression and was replaced by the elementary school that's there now.

What I'm getting at here is that when there is a large enough piece of land for a school to sit on in a well settled area like Norfolk, there is probably some history behind it as to why such a big piece of property wasn't covered with houses. My advice is to find out what was there before the school. I'm sure it was something interesting and it would be wonderfully spooky if it was an old tobacco warehouse or a cemetery.

Speaking of cemetery, I found this old map of Norfolk from the 1920's that looks like it might cover your area. Most of the streets have changed names, but one of them is Redgate Ave, which today is just below Princess Anne Rd. If you follow Redgate on both maps, they look like they lead to an area on the right edge of the map that might be your neighborhood. Now, look along the right edge of the 1920's map, just above the words "To Virgina Beach" and you will see a small cemetery. Is that your neighborhood?

Old 1920's Map

Google Map 1343 Lead St
edit on 26-8-2014 by Chronon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lance_covel
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Reading that made my eyes water, not from sadness, but because it sort of tells how I felt each time after I realzed no one was seeing what I did.

I know exactly what you mean. It happens to me when I discover something that confirms strange events I've experienced.

I kind of think of it as the soul and mind meeting at the same conclusion. Our soul always knows. It's our minds that need convincing.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Makes one wonder if those people who saw you there, anyone has ever reported this to local autohorities, or even a personal diary. You must have looked out of place to them, just as they did to you. It would be incredible to find a mention of it in a newspaper clipping or something similar.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RationalDespair

Hah kind of makes me think the best proof would have been to make a huge scene while in this place

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
While I have never experienced this I have of course heard of it...

I have experienced strong deja vu where I have visited places for the first time and known where secret paths where and other completely unexplainable stuff...

Life is strange....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join