It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What led me to join ATS,,, it was this,,,,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I had never known of the Zoot Suite riots until you posted it. Had me off and searching, lol. But occurred no where near here. One thing that I didnt mention was that each time I could VERY distinctly smell tobacco, very strongly as if I had my nose in a tin of snuff or red man chew. The area was not known for tobacco growing.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It supposedly repeats sometimes I have heard too.
Whitley Strieber has described this as happening to HIM via his abduction experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Reading that made my eyes water, not from sadness, but because it sort of tells how I felt each time after I realzed no one was seeing what I did. And,,,,back then, I didn't want to bring it up to many people because even at that age, I knew what people got sent to Petersburg Virginia for.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lance_covel
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Reading that made my eyes water, not from sadness, but because it sort of tells how I felt each time after I realzed no one was seeing what I did. And,,,,back then, I didn't want to bring it up to many people because even at that age, I knew what people got sent to Petersburg Virginia for.

I don't generally bring it up mostly because I haven't the faintest what happened but it did seem somewhat germane to the discussion. There is another level of "woo" that seems overlapped and intertwined with our reality. I thinks its really just perception, like time, only relative to the perceived. Let go of time and things begin to get a little weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
First, I believe what you experienced was real.

I myself have had too many extremely bizarre events happen to doubt it.

For example, I knew my wife's name and what she looked like 13 years before meeting her.

These events remind me a lot of dreams.

My belief is that dreams have a very spiritual significance and are not just random events.

For this type of encounter to not have some spiritual meaning would make little sense.

Are there any spiritual events you may have had in the past that may be connected to this?

Is there a any spiritual history in your family?

How many times did this happen?

Did you ever mention it to any family or friends?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Regarding spiritual events, no. My mother was very religious, my father, non-religious, and me agnostic/atheist.
I would estimate at least 20-30 times, only 3 times where I was interactive. All other times being before I realized I was the only one seeing it.
I never spoke of it to my family directly, all tho I did try to hint at it to see what would come up without me saying much (Zilch)
The only people I have spoke of it to in the past is my wife, and a close friend from back then. That occurred long afterwards and I got some really strange looks from both of them, but I can trust that they know I was conveying what I believed to be true.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

There is a very interesting book by Jenny Randals..."Time Storms" that discuss such events.

paranormal.about.com...

A long excerpt from this book is available here.

Here is a section from it:

IN 1995, in a small factory in Florida, a lone security guard was going about his nightly duties. Having performed his rounds, he settled in to watch the security monitors. On one of the screens, he noted one of the workers walking towards the building's rear gate through the loading bay. As the security guard continued to watch, he suddenly saw a strange, fuzzy white glow appear and cover the area where the factory worker was standing.

It caused a kind of electromagnetic interference which briefly affected the quality of the picture on the screen. The glow continued for a few seconds and then disappeared, as suddenly as it had arrived. When it had gone, the cameras returned to working normally - but the man had disappeared. A later frame-by-frame analysis of the security videotape shows the factory worker's near-instant disappearance, swallowed up by the glow. The security guard reports that he went to search for his colleague, but could not find him anywhere. He was at a complete loss to explain what had happened.

EVENTUALLY, he returned to his post in front of the security monitors. Then, one hour and 50 minutes later, as he continued to watch the screens, to his great astonishment he saw the missing worker return. Again, the videotape tells the full amazing story. All the factory lights go out, a fuzzy glow re-appears and within a fraction of a second the man can be seen within this light as the glow rapidly fades.He is in distress and on all fours. Moments later he lurches forward and is violently ill.

The security guard, seeing the worker staggering about in this disoriented way, went out to help him. The stunned man could recall nothing of his ordeal: he had a two-hour gap in his memory. In total shock, he went home and reported next day that he was too sick to work. He never returned to the factory. Shortly afterwards, the videotape was thoroughly examined by scientists and computer analysts, who concluded that it was genuine. Personally, I am in no doubt that what the guard witnessed, and the video recorded, was a time storm. So how do we explain what was going on? Source

edit on 23-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is one of the more fascinating aspects of this:

Up until the time that I was 18 and was preparing to get married, I thought that this street with people and old cars was actually there.

OP, feel free to completely ignore this question and others I may ask simply because of the fact that they are of a personal nature.

I only asked them because like I said earlier, I am convinced that events like these are never random and therefore there must be some type of an agenda behind them.

One more thing I'm curious about, did these events have any affect at all on your spiritual beliefs and if so how?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I loved the story and think you were lucky to have experienced what so many wish they could but can not.

I have never experienced anything close to that but I had to reply and ask if you liked to read.

I would recommend a book called The Talisman by Stephen King. IT deals with something kind of/sort of like what you have written. It's a really good read if you ever get a chance to look into it.

I find time slips/shifts amazing. I have experienced what people term time slips, but never anything as fantastic as what you have described.

I'd say you are a pretty lucky guy. I'm in Virginia myself and I am about half tempted to make a road trip just to check it out myself.

edit on 8/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

Interesting story !

After what seemed like 15 minutes, an older black man stopped and stood by me, while looking at the ground and avoiding appearing to speak to me, he said quietly "You not from aroun heun, you bes be keep movin' less you specting trouble, theyas plenty" I remember those words exactly, and the pitch of his voice.

That old man wasn't Morgan Freeman ? LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm in Virginia myself and I am about half tempted to make a road trip just to check it out myself.

I'm guessing you already checked it out on Google already...

Yeah I did too...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I had something similar however I dont want to take away from your thread. I can only compare that it's almost like a momentary time warp or an echo of a moment in time. It's actually what led me to move west when I was 21. I even found a grave indicating to me that I was meant to see it, or remember it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Norfolk is a nice place. Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like a dimension-slip or something. I just wonder what trouble the man was talking about?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Just, wow.... that gave me goose bumps!

I too have had some odd experiences, and at least one I would put into the 'time slip' or maybe deja vu group....I have posted this before, but will share again.

This incident happened several years ago.

My husband and I were in the back yard puttering in the garden when we both heard a terrible crash around front....it sounded just like a bad traffic accident. Metal on metal, a vehicle hitting trees or flipping in the road against the pavement.

We live on a curvy streach of back country road, and there had already been several accidents right out front, so we immediately thought that's what had happened....again. We dropped our tools and hurried around front....Nothing there...No car off the road, no metal that might have fallen off a truck heading for the dump...Nothing at all, no sign or sound of even a passing vehicle at all.

My husband, who had previously worked as an EMT, was so sure there must have been a wreck that he checked up and down the roadway on foot and then jumped in his car to drive 'around the block' to see if there had been an accident on the road that ran around behind our place.

I returned to my gardening and my teenage son came out to help me....We had barely picked up the tools when we both heard screeching tires and again the sounds of a loud crash!! I was stunned for a moment, it sounded soooo much like the same crash I'd heard just minutes before! I threw down my hoe and ran to the front, determined that I would get around the house before the cause of this racket disappeared like the first one!

There was plenty of 'evidence' this time. A semi-sized feed truck had crossed the center line of the road and forced a Camero off into the trees along the side of the road. When the driver of the feed truck had hit his brakes, another vehicle had rear ended him. I came around the end of the house in time to see the passenger of the Camero being nearly ejected from the door as it buckled open from the impact!!

Thankfully there were only minor injuries...mostly from the flying glass from the broken windshield and door window. Something of a miracle, considering that there had been an unrestrained toddler in the rear seat of the Camero, and the man in the passenger seat was almost thrown from the open door. The child had blood on him, but it was only from the cuts sustained by the two men in the front seats...The poor tyke must have been terrified, he clung to me till the ambulance attendent convinced him that they would take him to see his mother!

The look on my husband's face when he drove up from the other direction!! It had taken him no more than 15 minutes at most to circle our 'country block', a distance of about 3 miles... and as if by 'magic' the wreck we'd heard but did not see had materialized while he was gone.
He of course jumped from his car and immediately checked the men and searched the child for injuries...his previous training coming in very handy till the ambulance could arrive!

We have often discussed this strange incident....Was it some kind of a call or warning for us to be 'ready' to help or stop the accident...?

Did we manage to change the outcome? I really think so, because.....When my husband left to drive around the block, he had to make a left turn about 300 ft up the road. He saw the Camero coming fast, but had time to turn in front of it....likely making the driver slow down at least a bit....if the Camero had been only a few feet farther along the road, or going just a bit faster when it collided with the truck, how much worse could it have been.....

BTW....Welcome to ATS!
edit on 24-8-2014 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

Have you had any other odd experiences?
edit on 24-8-2014 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

This is the way it was back when we lived there. The apts on the lower right didnt exist, trees were on the inside of the fence line. On the other side was wood/marsh area.
When you came thru the fence yoou had a choice of turning right and following a dirt path out to the next street, or you could follow a path that went straight across the school yard, past the softball and the basket ball courts. Past that was the old abandoned Globe Iron Construction building.
Right where the two cars are at is where I would park and wait to see if it would still appear, also I would drive back and forth down the street just after sunset just to see if I had the distance wrong. Still never saw it any more.

,,,,Nope, this was the oddest thing to happen in my life.
edit on 24-8-2014 by lance_covel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch
I would like to hear what happened. The fact that others have similar experiences is a relief.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Thanks for telling me about "The Talisman". Waiting for it to finish downloading now.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lance_covel
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Thanks for telling me about "The Talisman". Waiting for it to finish downloading now.

You'll have to let me know how you like it. I am almost through it myself. Sometimes one has to wonder if all fiction ideas are just that or if the author has had an experience or two in his/her life that gave them the idea for the book to begin with. Reading your OP just instantly put that book in my mind.

I'm a King fan and am never disappointed. I hope you aren't either.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My discovery fo this sit ..was me alway looking for real life footage of aliens .. like th good honest truth and after seeing everthing ive need It came to pass that this site can relate..vso Above Top Secret. I believe its because of the aliens is why im here thank you... Peter

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading your post in the other thread last night. I shared my story about a vanishing pool ball. Now I can share another story since it relates closer to this subject.

When I was 7, my family was visiting Cherokee NC. We where seeing sights and shopping the local stores. We had entered a "rock" store. The had geodes, crystals and art. Being a young adventures child, while noticing they had a basement, I decided to venture down by myself.

The basement was full of leathers, herbs and Native American style objects. A middle age Indian woman was behind the counter. She was smiling at me as I darted between the displays. I stopped to look at an amazing looking tomahawk. I remember wanting it so bad. It would be a prize along with all the arrow heads and the other tomahawk i found.

She finally said to me, "Do you like it?". I think I just nodded. She took it out from under the glass and let me hold it. After a moment of me pretending it still had a handle attached and attacked a few pretend enemies, she told me that I could have it and that its was made to be appreciated.

After heading back upstairs, finding my mom, then leaving. My mom noticed that I had the tomahawk. She concluded that I misunderstood and had stolen it. So she took me back into the store. After showing the man upstairs, he claimed that he has no such items and the basement was storage. My mom apologized and we left.

Convinced I had lifted it. She took me into the Indian type store we had went into before hand. The person there upon seeing the tomahawk said "Wow, where did you get that!" He then explained that crystal quartz tomahawks are very rare and he that he wished he had one.

After returning to the rock store, to see the basement where I got it. My mom requested going down, the man accompanied her. She ascended back up saying that there is only trash and boxes down there. My mom still thought I had stolen the tomahawk but with no place claiming it, I got to keep it.

Never followed up on the store. At seven years old, I was just happy to have the tomahawk. It took me some time to start questioning the fact that its origin had mystery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join