It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What led me to join ATS,,, it was this,,,,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: headcheck
Normally I just read a lot of posts without making much comment. But this indecent is similar to something that occurred in my life which lead me to join ATS.
When I was very young, I would often play outside our home into the evening and darker hours, also at times I would be asked by my mother to go to a McDonalds to get a few sundaes or such. We lived on what was then a dead end street, which ended at a schoolyard which had a gate opening at the end of the street. The address was 1343 Lead Street, Norfolk Virginia. On every occasion after sunset during the summer hours, and on every occasion just before sunset during the winter hours this is what occurred.,,,
Upon approaching the gate to the school yard I would always see a busy street with many people walking in each direction, I also saw cars. They were cars that you would see in an old movie depicting the early 1900's. Each time that I approached the schoolyard, I would stop at the "street" and wait for the traffic to slow or for someone else to cross at the same time. this went on for years. On a few occasions, I noticed that people on the street would stare at me as if I was an oddity of some sort (also please note that they were dressed in what I would describe as Zoot suites and long dresses)
Up until the time that I was 18 and was preparing to get married, I thought that this street with people and old cars was actually there.
Fast forward 6 years,,, after being married and serving in the ARMY, I returned home. At night I would sit on the porch with my parents and enjoy a beer. Each night, that same busy street with people on it would fade into view.
Being older, and a lot braver, I decided to walk over to the "Street" and stand on the side-walk. Once I positioned myself in front of what appeared to be a small butcher shop (I had NEVER noticed this shop in the past) people passing me started pointing at me and staring. After what seemed like 15 minutes, an older black man stopped and stood by me, while looking at the ground and avoiding appearing to speak to me, he said quietly "You not from aroun heun, you bes be keep movin' less you specting trouble, theyas plenty" I remember those words exactly, and the pitch of his voice.
That was the last time I ever saw that street which didn't exist. Now,in 2014 the schoolyard is still there, but the street is no longer a dead end, it runs all the way to Princess Anne Road. I have driven to where our old house use to be and sat there till way after dark, waiting to see if that street still appears, but it hasn't.
Has anyone here ever had an experience like this in there past or present? If so, please feel free to message me to share/compare information.

Everything that I need, I already have.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel
Theories which support your claim are timeshift or Dimensional shift,while never common it IS discussed here. Welcome by the way.

edit on 23-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Wow, that's just strange. I've never experienced anything like that. You say that after the man told you about moving on or there'd be trouble you never saw it again? Like, did it vanish right then, or did it just not appear any more after that night?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Thanks, Ive done a LOT of reading over the years to try to find an explanation, but none seemed to fit. Had I not returned home after so many years and seen the same thing, I would have thought I was simply hallucinating or worse, simply disturbed
Also, I find it odd that you mention Klingons in your sig, while I have a klingonese phrase as my sig.

qaghom, SoHvaN noN veqlargh SuvwI' vItIv.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

After he said that, I moved back across the street, and "out" of the way. Each time that I moved more than twenty feet or so at my best guess, it would fade away. I never saw the street appear again after me and my wife moved on and my parents had passed away. But as I mentioned, I had returned to the street and waited to to see if it would appear, but nada., Once the actual street was extended, I no longer saw the "other" street appear.

edit on 23-8-2014 by lance_covel because: To provide more information.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow!!! Great story! The only thing I can slightly compare it to, is my own old house & childhood. I would be woken every morning,around 6 a.m., for years, until I moved out when I was 17, to a bunch of what sounded like raking & old fashioned yard work, people mumbling to each other, right outside my bedroom window. I would look out the window, & nothing...I would constantly bring it up to my mom, they never heard a thing. Well, the property our house sits on, used to be a huge wheat field, way back in the day. Also, I would constantly be woken up at night by the back door opening & closing, all night long. My mother said, when I was a young child, I would always be talking to some man she couldn't see, and she was always freaked out..lol....I would also keep wanting to go back to your old house if I were you, looking for that street! Do you have children??? Wonder if a child could see it????? S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
lurked for ages then thought i'd join. so i did.

EDIT - sorry i misread the thread title (thought it was asking why people joined ATS).

your story is interesting and seems to me a likely timeshift scenario.
edit on R2014rd2014-08-23T17:58:13-05:0020140pm2344 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.
No children. I have gone back to where our home was and sat till after sunset. But due to everything being new construction and homes there now, I cant stay parked or linger for too long without security or police becoming concerned. But during the times that I did stay, nothing appeared at all. Keep in mind that this was not a quiet neighborhood, there were people out at all times of the evening, but apparently I was the only one who saw the street and the people.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I've had stuff with what seem to be "dimensional" shifts, which I believe is behind it. Here's a great reincarnation story:
www.youtube.com...
The kid remembers his life, his dog, his house, and the investigators find it all. Only problem is that the kid who remembers it all was never born according to the family. The reason why, I believe, is because he had hopped over from a parallel universe where he was born into this one. I think that's what's behind this stuff. That world may have been the one where Newton or someone died young, and technological/cultural advancement was set back a time.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There is a very interesting book by Jenny Randals..."Time Storms" that discuss such events.

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

SHUT UP MAN, DO YOU WANT THEM TO KNOW WE ARE PLANNING AN INVASION? Actually they'd be better off under a Governor in the EMPIRE than being led THIS way.

Try to film it if you can.
edit on 23-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You don't mention a time stamp for when you lived there.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Lived there from 1971-1986, returned there in 1993, December till just before my parents passed away. Before that, lived in Boston.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
O I believe you, as I was the only one hearing all the farm work going on. As a child, it's frustrating cause you don't understand why no one else is hearing what you are. Or in your case seeing what you seen. As I grew older I just stopped asking, but still brought it to my parents attention( I was very lucky, as I had an open minded mother who did believe me). I wish I seen what you did! Does sound like classic time shift stuff, like the above poster stated. Such a shame you can't go back & hang out, plus with all the new construction......There's just so much unexplained things in this world!! Very interesting, like your story...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Have you tried to dig into the local history, specifically the street where your events occurred?

Norfolk is a pretty old settlement, probably some very rich history.. (Lived in the region myself and still have family across the tidewater area)..

Perhaps some answers to your questions are available with a bit of digging?

Thanks for relaying your story, it's very interesting and I hope you can track down some answers to help you understand what happened to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.
After being on ATS all these years, its nice to see that others have had similar experiences. After a while, one starts to think that maybe they just imagined it, even tho it went on for years.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lance_covel
a reply to: smurfy

Lived there from 1971-1986, returned there in 1993, December till just before my parents passed away. Before that, lived in Boston.

Well, certainly a lot of stuff then to play with,
The Zoot Suite riots 1943,...troubles, sailors. LA.
The Philadelphia Experiment 1943...trouble, sailors, time shift, Norfolk Virginia and souls trapped in a time warp.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn
I have done a lot of research on my old home location, but mostly before we moved there it was almost swamp area, then Globe Iron Construction took over much of the area, then Norfolk Public Schools built a parking facility for the school buses. The area where I lived at the time was bordered by project housing on three sides, where I lived was one of four streets that actually had privately owned homes at the time. The majority of neighbors had been there before we moved to the area. The only remotely odd stories that circulated were ones of old homes being haunted, (those occur just about every where) and didn't seem to tie in even remotely to what I was experiencing. Our home was built by family, so the idea of haunting or such was easy to research. The only person to actually die in the house was my grandmother (Bessie Sanderlin), and she was still living at the time that I first had these experiences.

edit on 23-8-2014 by lance_covel because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was in an old abandoned sanitarium when I was 16-17. I had been there a few times before but this time it was in the afternoon, early evening. It was myself and three others, one male, two females. We were exploring the actual hospital ground and entered the building. The first few rooms were interesting only in that they had a really old style structure.

Once we entered a large room, central area of sorts, there were stacks upon stacks of forms piled high, as tall as myself within room. Papers scattered about the floor, and loose tiles lay scattered on top. My friend and I, started being destructive and began throwing the papers around, grabbing the tiles and buzzing them into the wall. They would stick into the wall just like a ninja star as I recall.

Once we were done with our juvenile behavior we moved on to the next room. Incidentally this room was a bathroom facility and also a dead end. About three stories high I believe and reckon viewing the back. There were no stalls separating the toilets and pluming laid lose and corroded on the floor. Suddenly, we all heard noises in the next room of papers being nocked around and tiles smashing into the walls. I bend down and pick up a pipe and my friend and I run into an empty and silent room.

We searched the next few rooms briefly and since we couldn't find anyone we got pretty scared and left. Never went back after that.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

"Time slips" of this kind have been reported, mostly at historic locations that would suggest it to a person such as Gettysburg or Versailles.

I cannot remember most of what I actually saw anymore, or where I saw it, but I remember that as a child I occasionally stumbled into places where I should not be and it was as though I were watching modern people get into old timey costumes back stage- only at places where there should be no backstage nor actors. What I remember most is struggling with the realisation that I was misunderstanding or seeing incorrectly and being unable to make sense of it. I knew this much because it was scenes that belonged in movies or at Disneyland, and it would bring me a rush of excitement until I realized that it was not for my benefit like Disneyland and I was not welcome, and I would back out the way I came. The one visual image that still comes to me is a man in a blue cavalry uniform looking up at me from a desk in a room that was part modern, part western frontier style, and stare in a tired perturbed way that made me immediately know that I should leave- I have no idea where this was though. No doubt at least some of this actually happened in the real rational world because I was one to explore and probably did wander into places that were just outside of my childly experience and overlayed what I saw with the closest images media had provided me so far. That would not seem to be a possibility in your case though, and cases like yours give me the thin and amusing hope that perhaps I did peek behind a veil before being fully reigned in to consensus reality.

As Phillip K Dick said, "reality is what remains when you stop believing in it". And perhaps much of our perception- even elements of time as we know it- do only exist because we are taught to believe in them, and could just as readily become something else if our expectations changed enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join