It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: New Season

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho
I think you will find that Capaldi himself was the actor in that Pompeii episode, which is enough to explain having the same face.
It happens. Colin Baker played a character in an earlier story before becoming a Doctor.
The second version of Romana regenerated into Lalla Ward, who had been a princess in the previous story (but that one was obvious enough to be acknowledged in the dialogue).

edit on 24-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

UGH. 12th doctor reminds me of 9th doctor. Arrogant and condescending towards humans. The 10th and 11th doctors cared about humanity. This guy just seems to think he's above everyone. And Clara never fails to get on my nerves. It was a chore to watch. Disappointed.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You know, that is something that I have always pondered about. Every time the Doctor regenerates, he can have a completely different face, different taste in clothing, and different attitude and personality. But a shared memory.

So what if it isn't really regeneration at all. What if it is actually replacement. but with these shared memories implanted into the new Doctor every time by the TARDIS. The resulting differences in style, attitude and personality could be because the Doctor has been replaced by a completely different Time Lord that is simply being manipulated to follow the path set forth by the previous Time Lord.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

I thought it was time for a woman Doctor....

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I thought it was time for a woman Doctor....

Oh heck no!! IMHO that would be awful.
I'm not British but I LOVE the tradition they have for Dr. Who.
I hope they don't ever change him like that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: allenidaho
That memory thing didn't work so well with this regeneration. Poor dude didn't even recognize Clara. And he was snitty and selfish. Total memory meltdown and total personality change. It all rubbed me the wrong way. Worst regeneration ever. (best one was when 9 became 10.)

edit on 8/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's what I'm saying. It isn't the same Doctor because it is a completely different Time Lord. The TARDIS is pulling a "Dread Pirate Roberts" on us.

It is very possible that the Time Lord known as the "Doctor" reached the end of his regeneration cycle centuries earlier. But the TARDIS, having such strong love for the Doctor, was unable to let him go. So it continues to perpetuate a lie, unable to let go.

The TARDIS is arguably one of the most powerful entities in the Who Universe. But is also extremely old. It was considered an obsolete derelict when the Doctor first took it. So maybe the memory transfer is slowly degrading over time, allowing portions of the real time lord to remain after being plucked from space-time and given a new identity and a complimentary sonic screwdriver.

On a side note, David Tennant was also my favorite Doctor.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Downloaded it in Iplayer, quite enjoyed it though I think the sexual magnetism is now lost and the relationship between the doctor and his assistant is totally gone, it was still a good episode and the idea of a scottish doctor appeal's to me (it would I am a Mac), still I would and her is where I get lynched, I would like to see an attractive female doctor.
There is his daughter somewhere out there who he thought was dead but she regenerated just a little slower than he would have, then there is the metachrosis when he merged with Donna.
We now Know Gallifrey still exists somewhere and his Time machine has a female personality (interesting that the female character at the end cared about the mass murdering machine with a conscience).
Now what I think I would like to see is a kage beckinsale style underworld type female Time lord with a spin off series who has a love hate relationship with the doctor and often contradictory goal's creating some interesting paradox of perspective.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Karen Gillan played one of the seers in that episode too.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I had a bit of an ATS moment while watching the latest episode, Flatline.

I spotted a real UFO near the end of the episode.
I ripped the scene and posted it up on YT.

www.youtube.com...

I'm unable to create threads yet so could someone please post this info up in the Gray area.

edit on 19-10-2014 by Tagz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well if you are then you might like the finale then...

edit on 28/11/2014 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join