It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does it cost to be a Mason?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How much are the fees that you have to pay to be a Mason?

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Ruffy]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
depends on the lodge. my brothers lodge (blacktown) is 25$ per month

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It totally depends. My Lodge is $100 per year, I know that there are two other Lodges in my city that are about the same, yet a third Lodge I know is $250 per year. Then if you want to go into side degrees like Scotich Rite, York Rite, the Shrine, etc. or even if you want to be affiliated with another Blue Lodge it will cost $x per year, called dues. I know that once you are in a few side degrees and affiliated with a few other Lodges the money can add up quite quick.

Edited

I forgot to add that there is also a fee for each degree that you do. This fee can be $150+ again depending on your Lodge.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by amike555]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you for answering my question!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's much less expensive around here. I belong to two different Blue Lodges: both are $30 per year.
I pay $55 per year for 32� Scottish Rite, $34 per year for York Rite, $55 for Shrine and $25 for A.M.D.
Also belong to several other Masonic organizations, but the prices are pretty much the same.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
UK has a large variety of costs also.

I pay about � 90 a year membership and � 60 Meals.

Maels are about � 15 in general , thre course with wine.

I visit a Lodge where the meals are � 6 , they wanted to put the meal up to � 6.50 and they had a riot.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Lodge dues in my city were $275 Canadian per year, which included a $50 initiation fee.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Not to hijack the thread But I got a quick question for any masons.

I got a Masonic Ring from my uncle which was a mason. Do they still use these rings and if so do you buy them or are they given to you?

Its a nice ring with a decent size diamond its got a double headed bird on both sides and the number 32 on on side some wierd symbol on the other.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I got a Masonic Ring from my uncle which was a mason. Do they still use these rings and if so do you buy them or are they given to you?

Its a nice ring with a decent size diamond its got a double headed bird on both sides and the number 32 on on side some wierd symbol on the other.

There are many stores that sell masonic rings....I've even seen them at Department stores like The Bay or Wal-mart. If you do a google search, you'll find many online stores that specifically sell masonic rings.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My Lodge dues are �50 a year. Dining costs �7 a month.

On top of that you will have to fork out between �20 - �40 for regalia, although you can normally pick this up 2nd hand from someone within the Lodge. In the UK you also need a black suit - so if you haven't got one, this will also cost you. You also need a brief case to keep everything in.
You should be able to pay for everything you need to start out with about �200 - this includes some one off costs such as the ritual book and registration fees with Grand Lodge.

In the UK, we do not pay separately for the first 3 degrees. It is only if you have the time and inclination to go further that you may have to pay more. In my experience, side degrees are a lot cheaper to be a member of than Craft masonry.

We also give to charity every time we meet. Though that figure is entirely up to you.

As for masonic rings? You can pick them up from anywhere - most high street jewellers have them in stock. Ebay has a massive selection and some Lodges keep some on site. Wearing them is down to personal choice.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the response about the rings guys. I wasnt sure if they were something that was given to you by the lodge or just something you got yourself. The ring I got was passed down to my father from my great uncle I was to small to remember much about him but always thought it was a nice looking ring.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

you want to buy a ring , I'll do wholesale, no problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sorry to be an idiot guys but what is a mason?

Regards,
Neo!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott

you want to buy a ring , I'll do wholesale, no problem.

Thanks for the offer but since im not a mason It wouldnt make sense for me to wear one. They could make a nice collector piece

I checked out ebay you guys were right there is loads of them on there. Most have a symbol like Masonic Light's avatar. More of the vintage ones have the double headed eagle symbol on them. I couldnt find the exact one like my uncles but some were close.

This is the one that looked the most like it that I could find

www.abbottscorp.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruffy

You have to sell your soul to Albert Pike

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Shadow:

The ring you described is a Scottish Rite ring, not a Blue Lodge ring. The 32 stands for the 32nd degree and the double eagles are their ummm crest. I personally have never seen a Scottish Rite ring before, must be beautiful, most Freemasonic jewelry is.

Pisky:

That only goes for the Southern United States.

Neodaemon:

Well here is a link, read through all the pages and in a couple of days you will know what Freemasonry is. Word of warning DON'T believe the hype, Freemasonry is NOT part of a World wide conspiracy and if it is then there are some pretty good actors that pass as electricians, plumbers, landscapers, janitors and any other occupation you can think of.

The link:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

edited for spelling

[edit on 6-12-2004 by amike555]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by Ruffy

You have to sell your soul to Albert Pike

Heh. Not down here in Cornwall, Pisky.

Ask your average Cornish Freemason who Pike is and they've never heard of him.
"Morals and Dogma" is an entirely US enigma.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think some people have trouble believing there is a world outside America.

No offense meant, but if you want to look at and analyze a [b[world wide organisation you might want to look at it world wide.

Just a tip

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks Amike555 i'll check that out

Regards,
Neo

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amike555
Shadow:

The ring you described is a Scottish Rite ring, not a Blue Lodge ring. The 32 stands for the 32nd degree and the double eagles are their ummm crest. I personally have never seen a Scottish Rite ring before, must be beautiful, most Freemasonic jewelry is.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by amike555]

Thanks for the info amike555 I cant believe I didnt make the connection between the 32 and the 32 degree, I thought it was a year like a class ring or something

It is a beautiful ring and I have to say after looking for a macth online I saw alot of masonic rings and they are indeed beautiful

top topics

<<   2 >>

join