It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Have Created A New Top Predator That Is Taking Over The Northeast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Wolfenz

I totally agree with you. I didn't understand that, before. Don't blame you, and I'm pissed, too. Killing them isn't the answer, obviously. Crap. Isn't there some other way? You, yourself, said they were an overpopulation problem, right? What do you think the answer is?
I'm asking because then there's some way, surely, to lobby for another way of controlling the population, if enough people get together to object. Would that work? What are the answers.

@one4all
That was a great post with really fascinating information.
tetra

Right .. The Overpopulation Problem with Deer Here ! is Crazy In St Lawrence County and the Intelligent Coy Wolves Knows this.. But to the Average Hunter its a Threat to them.. of Who Gets the Dear ! Survival fir the CoyWolf and Sport to Luxury Meat for the Hunter of what it Boils down too.. but when the Coy Wolves Start Straying away to Constant Farmland Livestock .. that's when the population Should be Concerned .. and that not a Problem AS of YET,, I think its the Fear Mongering and misunderstanding that gets People...

Let it take its Course .. from i learned of researching about Algonquin Park, The Coywolves Hang around urban areas Scoping out around the areas as it seem locals are not Really Bothered by they just live their every day lives !
Unfortunately there isnt much Study in St Lawrence County.. Tho The Coywolves are all over in North County so little Time along the St Lawrence River From Toronto Canada To Quebec Canada To New York through to Maine and Reports in NYC to West Virgina ! Nature is Telling Us Something ?
edit on 23-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ohh Gret This Fit in here i would Assume !!

Strange Im not the Only one that has Coyotes Wolves and Coywolves on the Mind !

a Couple of days ago !

Strange indeed..

The Norse and Salishan Native Americans both prophesied about a coming wild canine.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Norse Vikings were not the only people to prophesy about a coming great wolf or dog in the distant future. From Scandinavia to the Pacific Northwest, a people known as the Salishan Native American peoples believed a great coyote will one day return to earth.

a Prediction that Came True ! Native saw a Coyote Vikings Saw a Wolf

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It is important to note the differences between Coy-Dogs and Coy-Wolves,because the VAST MAJORITY of hybrid sightings are in fact Coy-Dogs ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AREAS where lots of free range dogs interact with Coyotes this interbreeding with such diverse gene pools can have a HUGE range of physical and visual traits.

I used to photograph animals nocturnally I enjoyed the MONSTROUS feral Cats you find in Cities,and I mean Cats that make a Maine Coon Cat look like a Middleweight.

I have seen animals you wouldnt believe would be in a City strolling around at night.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey9438

I've heard of coy wolves, Do you know if any solutions have been proposed to protect the wolves genetic diversity.

There's a good deal of argument in regards to the natural creation of hybrids like these. One camp argues genetic preservation of the species, the other camps says this is evolution and that the genetics of both species are conserved in the output. It's a hot area of debate. I tend towards viewing it as evolution and adaptation myself. After all, we once had a variety of creatures that no longer exist in N. America a few thousand years ago. Species change. The concern is that those crossbreeds are seeming to be more dangerous than their predecessors. See the polar bear/grizzly combo for another example.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
Yes, absolutely, if you read my first post in the thread, you would know I completely understand the challenges presented and the dilemma of balance, behavior (straying and wandering, which is natural behavior), population control, etc.

When you remove the pups, which you mentioned a few times, where do you relocate them, or is that what you do?
I do agree that sterilization seems the best answer…

But what I really want to know is there a way to stop the hunting of them in any season?
tet
edit on 23-8-2014 by tetra50 because: asking question

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Absolutely, nature is telling us something. She's frustrated to the point she's screaming her head off, figuratively speaking, of course, what with the weather, strange behavior of animals, volcanos more active, stronger storms, tornados in unheard of places for tornadoes, etc.

You've got a good thread going and I've enjoyed reading, and learned quite a lot, as well. Thank you
tet

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: one4all
Yes, absolutely, if you read my first post in the thread, you would know I completely understand the challenges presented and the dilemma of balance, behavior (straying and wandering, which is natural behavior), population control, etc.

When you remove the pups, which you mentioned a few times, where do you relocate them, or is that what you do?
I do agree that sterilization seems the best answer…

But what I really want to know is there a way to stop the hunting of them in any season?
tet

Just like with everything else we need to lobby to change laws.There should be nothing but sustenance hunting and population controls,period.Sport Hunting has no place in the Global Community any longer.

A large part of the problem is management , we need dedicated Stewards of our preserved lands who care more than Government officials do but who have Government fiscal support,there needs to be a meeting of community and governent on behlf of our wildlife and its future management as a resource.

We can easily come up with feasable solutions but Governments who work with industry will never allow anyone to interfere with their rule and methods.The killings will continue until enough people lobby the governments to change laws and this means spending money helping the right politicians.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
It is important to note the differences between Coy-Dogs and Coy-Wolves,because the VAST MAJORITY of hybrid sightings are in fact Coy-Dogs ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AREAS where lots of free range dogs interact with Coyotes this interbreeding with such diverse gene pools can have a HUGE range of physical and visual traits.

I used to photograph animals nocturnally I enjoyed the MONSTROUS feral Cats you find in Cities,and I mean Cats that make a Maine Coon Cat look like a Middleweight.

I have seen animals you wouldnt believe would be in a City strolling around at night.

Right... Coy Dogs Were Always here in the north Country a Small Group but there were here

You Always can distinguish a Coy Dog from a Coyote and Wolf as Different Colors & Shape Floppy Ears
Some look like Hounds , Long Fur etc.. The Physical and Behavior Traits will Give it Away

Like this One Here

Another

But for this one ! Its getting More and more Common to See here In St Lawrence County

No Resemblance of a Domestic DOG what so Ever

CoyWolf

There are Creatures you Wouldn't Believe Either here.. Most cross from Canada . Occasional Moose Elk and others that come across, let alone Hybrids , and more and More is Eagles, Osprey Hawks Birds Of Pray Coming to the North Country . also some Huge Crane like Birds That I have Seen that look like Prehistoric Birds ! No lie.. from what natives Would Call Thunderbird .. as I Said Its More Frequent of Seeing them Now then Ever before .. Must be Migrating for Sanctuary.. that is what I tend to think its the Reason why ! that Animals like the Wolf , the Cougar and Eagles are Coming back to the North County as it been reported many times over .. Coming form the North Canada and from the West.. Some are Even Brave Enough to go Strolling the Towns . but Mostly Dairy Farm Country Towns in the Area alot of them ..

Yeah Come to the North Country St Lawrence County To Franklin County up to Lake Champlain

Hear the Legend and Tales.. in the Nook & Niches of the great beauty of the Land.
( For the Conspirators and Skeptics ITS A.T.S. right ! LOL .. )

You Here about Monster Supernatural Folklore in Romania and Hungary

Well.. you here about Legends of Monster Folklore too LOL

Werewolves,( in Quebec & Montreal Called Loup Garou ) Bigfoots, ( Sasquatch, Hominids ) Vampires in Ontario Little People ( like Pixie Brownies Lepercuans etc ) , To CHAMP Lake Champlain Monster ( American Version of Loc Ness Nessie ) all in the Backyard of St Lawrence County LOL

edit on 24-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: grey9438

I've heard of coy wolves, Do you know if any solutions have been proposed to protect the wolves genetic diversity.

There's a good deal of argument in regards to the natural creation of hybrids like these. One camp argues genetic preservation of the species, the other camps says this is evolution and that the genetics of both species are conserved in the output. It's a hot area of debate. I tend towards viewing it as evolution and adaptation myself. After all, we once had a variety of creatures that no longer exist in N. America a few thousand years ago. Species change. The concern is that those crossbreeds are seeming to be more dangerous than their predecessors. See the polar bear/grizzly combo for another example.

Let Me break in here ...

Is it Evolution... I tend to think so.. it just Plain happens.. And we may be the Cause of it ! Coyote Looking for Sanctuary migrating to the Resource that they have lost in their original habitat and found a mate (Wolves) along the way in order to survive .
The best example is where it all Originated ... the Coy Wolf and that place is claimed to be Algonquin Park in Canada .

Where Wolf and Coyote Literately Mingled with each other in packs and had Crossed family's hunting together feeding together as one big happy family. in order to survive According to the Documentary MEET THE COYWOLF

The Website

Algonquin Park
algonquinpark.on.ca...

Algonquin Provincial Park
en.wikipedia.org...

But Even US Humans had a Cross Mingled over (Hybrid) from the Last 500 years here in the New World

Probably im going to get Flamed about this.

Hispanics is a Pure Example Most Applications in America Ask a Hispanic or Non Hispanic RACE Origin Right! as for WHY ! probely cause you cant Categorize them as European White nor New World Native ? as They are mixed with Both !

But Flame me all you want but
Im Practically in the Same categorization as they are Just European White ( Celtic Origin ) and North American Indian ( Mohawk / Cree ) Mixed ! So am I Hybrid ? LOL!

WOW look at this Hybrid !
Yeah thats me the Mix Mutt ... LOL

edit on 24-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I agree. If two species are merging because of low population members and in an effort to survive, then absolutely--that's evolution. Not disagreeing with you at all but presenting the two sides of the debate on that particular issue as they both exist. The name of the species that was endangered that ended up merging with another slips my mind.

Genetic homogenization overall is really irritating. I say that as a mother of a half European/half Native American child. The level of ridiculousness that I've experienced with that is well, ridiculous. She was denied my state's low cost health care a couple years ago that was intended to be for all resident children on the basis of her native half. That one was the most infuriating as the nearest IHS is about 40+ miles away.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I agree. If two species are merging because of low population members and in an effort to survive, then absolutely--that's evolution. Not disagreeing with you at all but presenting the two sides of the debate on that particular issue as they both exist. The name of the species that was endangered that ended up merging with another slips my mind.

Genetic homogenization overall is really irritating. I say that as a mother of a half European/half Native American child. The level of ridiculousness that I've experienced with that is well, ridiculous. She was denied my state's low cost health care a couple years ago that was intended to be for all resident children on the basis of her native half. That one was the most infuriating as the nearest IHS is about 40+ miles away.

Life Finds away ...

Right..

When A Species in a local Area becomes Scarce It Finds another similier Species that has similar Traits for Survival.

as the Coyote is All over The Nation and a Wolf is Rare and Few Especially In The US ( Gray Wolf ) and Mexico ( Red Wolf ) and when the Economy.. and Pushing them Out like as in Deforestation or predator Control They look else where for Resource of Food & Habitat ... Here in The North Contry there are more Sightings of Cougars aka Mountain Lion tho the D.E.C. are Saying there Isnt.. yet there is a Team Looking for them and doing the research .

Eastern Cougar Sightings
www.dec.ny.gov...

Eastern cougars (mountain lions) do not have a native, self sustaining population in New York State. They have been absent from this state since the late 1800s; however, there have been a few isolated sightings. Each sighting involved cougars that are not native to New York. A couple sightings involved captive mountain lions that escaped from licensed facilities in New York State. Another sighting involved a wild cougar that traveled through New York as it trekked nearly 1,800 miles east from its native population in South Dakota. Details of this event are highlighted in a previous Conservationist magazine article, Long Way from Home: Wild western cougar travels through New York.

I say BS

There are many Reports In St Lawrence that Hunters have seen them ..

a Few Videos on Youtube Proves that Claim..

Cougars extinct in East? No way, say those who claim sightings
usnews.nbcnews.com...

Coy Wolves Do Exist ..

edit on 25-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Environmental philosophers actually rephrase that as "nature abhors a vacuum" though I'd also say that sometimes we do things so outside of natural bounds that a vacuum is actually created. I silenced my own environmental philosophy prof with a pretty good argument for the latter as well. I'm with you though on this. If this is what species need to do to survive then let them do it even if it creates some of the scariest species on the planet (many tend to be more aggressive and hostile to humans). If that's what it takes to keep wildlife on the planet, then we should probably get used to the rebalancing of the natural order.

I'm still awaiting monkeys bearing maces and riding atop armored pigs though. Probably won't happen but you never know.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
Could it be due to the ongoing need to exterminate the wolf as a way to make sure they don't populate too much, thereby make hunting elk and deer a little harder for the human? Life finds a way.

They've observed Blue Whales mating with their next closest cousin creating hybrids because there aren't enough Blue Whales for mates.

If there aren't enough wolves, it's logical to assume that wolves might very well do the same. And wild canids are not far enough apart genetically to create sterile offspring. So, the offspring can breed.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
How long will it take for them to take complete control of all the urban areas of the USA?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A little More Info

The Article talks about Pizzly bears ( Polar Bear Grizzy Hybrid ) to Eastern Coyote Aka Coywolves

Should You Fear the Pizzly Bear?

By MOISES VELASQUEZ-MANOFFAUG. 14, 2014

www.nytimes.com... ond-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Whoever came up with the name "pizzly' bear should be lined up before a firing squad. The Inuit name is way cooler..."nanulak".

Other than that, nice article and glad that the observation that this has occurred previously within the earth's history is definitely being made in it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Environmental philosophers actually rephrase that as "nature abhors a vacuum" though I'd also say that sometimes we do things so outside of natural bounds that a vacuum is actually created. I silenced my own environmental philosophy prof with a pretty good argument for the latter as well. I'm with you though on this. If this is what species need to do to survive then let them do it even if it creates some of the scariest species on the planet (many tend to be more aggressive and hostile to humans). If that's what it takes to keep wildlife on the planet, then we should probably get used to the rebalancing of the natural order.

I'm still awaiting monkeys bearing maces and riding atop armored pigs though. Probably won't happen but you never know.

with the Vacuum,, Nature has a Buffer,
a System Breaking Down A ( There Was An Old Woman ) Children Song Kind of Thing !

There Was An Old Woman
www.poppyfields.net...

What would Happen if you took out the Spider the Dog ??

Well its Already happening With The Bees that Help Pollinate! all cause by a Virus or a Fungus ?

A System Break Down indeed

Nature Learns to Adapt on the Extreme ...

LOL yeah funny Monkey riding Pigs with a Mace

just lacking the Armor and a Mace

Then Again look what humans has Caused within 120 years
Industrial revolution World Wars, Cold Wars , Mini wars Nuclear bomb testing , Nuclear Power plant Disasters , Waste, Pollution, Wreaking and Weakening the Environment for Human luxuries and Greed for a Simpler Life and Our own Modern Communication Cause Overpopulation to a Police State

We are a Bad Case of Fleas being ready to be Shaked off the Planet ..
all it takes is for a Uncurable Virus Strain come by effecting only humans of course.

We ( HUMANS ) are The Cause of All This

Will the Future Bring a Wildlife Refuse in the Future from Our Own Destruction !

I can see this. Happening in the Future

Then the Coywolf, Coyotes, Wolfs to Mountain Lions Will Surely be around Sanctuary!

Stepping back to the Stone Age !

So what is the Reason Coyotes to Coy wolves are coming back east?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Dianec
Could it be due to the ongoing need to exterminate the wolf as a way to make sure they don't populate too much, thereby make hunting elk and deer a little harder for the human? Life finds a way.

They've observed Blue Whales mating with their next closest cousin creating hybrids because there aren't enough Blue Whales for mates.

If there aren't enough wolves, it's logical to assume that wolves might very well do the same. And wild canids are not far enough apart genetically to create sterile offspring. So, the offspring can breed.

There were not enough Wolves Where Coy wolves Originated and that is Algonquin Park Canada

The Wolves Found refuge with Coyotes Lived with them, ate with them, mingled with them ( joined the Family ) in Algonquin Park according to the Documentary called .. Meet The Coywolf

So from that Fact... it wasn't just a date RAPE .. Fling .. Tho They are Adversaries

its a Reminder of a Movie Called ( A MAN CALLED HORSE ) for Humans ! about a British Man from another land . Captured by Indians like the Sioux He was used like a slave till he got respect and eventually became their leader (chief ) as he learned their way and taught his way to them.. and Mated with them !

We are no Different to Animal Hybrids.. a Big Partial of Americans are Hybrids in some shape or form.. Whether it is Race Culture, or Creed.

Enemys

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wolves really?

You want to know of the greatest evasive spices to hit America really is?

Welcome to the wild pig!

We could kill half the population every year to just keep it at zero they breed so fast. They are smart and run really fast. They eat anything, and are very aggressive.

Then some stupid SOB decided to breed American wild pig with 700 pound Russian boars and let a bunch escape into the wilds...

Welcome to super pig...

edit on 26-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Wolves really?

You want to know of the greatest evasive spices to hit America really is?

Welcome to the wild pig!

We could kill half the population every year to just keep it at zero they breed so fast. They are smart and run really fast. They eat anything, and are very aggressive.

Then some stupid SOB decided to breed American wild pig with 700 pound Russian boars and let a bunch escape into the wilds...

Welcome to super pig...

Thats Just Great! Cookie Time!!

Awesome Everybody Wins !

Problem Solved! Seeing Hunters Love Hunting And!!

AMERICANS Love BACON, HAM, PORK well except that Religious Islamic Party

And Wolves Loves Wild Pig/Boar !!

So Im Guessing that Coywolves like Boar too Tasty Meat !

Yeah Bring them to the North Country as Well!

Opps they are Already here!

Feral swine in St. Lawrence County targeted by DEC Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 5:00 pm

State conservation authorities are asking for help finding feral swine in St Lawrence County. Feral swine are considered a pest. They are a destructive invasive species, not native to New York State. Wild Eurasian boar, escaped domestic pigs or hybrids of the two are all considered to be feral swine.

northcountrynow.com...

Feral Pigs Become A Growing Problem In St. Lawrence County
www.wwnytv.com...

Beware Feral Pigs in Northern New York
madisoncountycourier.com...

I see what you Mean

Wild Pigs (Feral Hogs)
Curated by Mark Tyson
www.scoop.it...

From the Dates of Coywolves and Wild Boars/Pigs being taken as a Notice as Hey Folks We are Here!!
as Both Came Around the Same Time around the Same Dates !

Yeah Think Maybe ! ??

That It Could be one of the Few Reasons Coywolves are here In The North County

In case on a ( if you Dont know the Difference ) to Look out for
from a Regular Coyote to a Coywolf

Coywolf vs. Coyote: What's the Difference?

Caution !! Not for the Weak Hearted , Fainter's People that Have Nightmares! Rated PG
WARNING!!! GRAPHIC !!! BEWARE BE WARNED!!
Boar is a Play Toy for 2 Wolves !

Ok Here is the Video !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join