It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU is INSANE...directive that hits the vacuum cleaners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: menneni

Don´t know which is more annoying, what you said or comeback of door to door Electrolux salesmen.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Is this being for all EU countries ?

Or just some.

What "Authorities" are writing the "Laws" for this ?

Collectively.Interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ALL, and writers are the commission as they seem to think that they know more about vacuum cleaners efficiency than manufacturers do.
But that's the way the EU has always worked, they make a rule and expect others should comply and figure out how to.
More INFO

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

As i find those door-to-door salesmen extremely annoying, i'm having hard time understand why my post annoys you?

Care to elaborate?

Generally i find your threads "good", often enjoyable, so thanks for making them!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Was referring to those low price Chinese "miracle" cleaners, those are annoying. TV shop and all the rubbish, hard to believe people are actually buying those.
LOL i should have said items you mentioned.. sorry about that

edit on 23-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Oh yes, now i got it
Thanks for clearing that up!

European Comission, instead of making all those "excellent" directives, they should focus on Quality and locality.
It kills me to see how so many people fall for cheap crap. Cheap is just that, cheap!

There is a saying in Finland, the poor should invest in quality. I think it goes for the rich people too!

BTW, i checked upon that eco-directive in general, they have ideas about eco-computing too. We should expect CRAZY directives towards servers in near future. What i could gather from it, they have no idea about what they are dealing with.

Not a word about Open Computing Project [which is efficiently awesome btw]

See more at eco-servers (Courtesy of EU)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
A 2000W energy cleaner, is the first step. It takes as much energy, or even more ... than your stove.

That's the second step. They have already banned incandescent light bulbs from Romania and forced everyone to buy from China instead. They would probably try and ban electric bar heaters, but owners would probably reopen their fireplaces and burn wood/coal instead.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

ALL, and writers are the commission as they seem to think that they know more about vacuum cleaners efficiency than manufacturers do.
But that's the way the EU has always worked, they make a rule and expect others should comply and figure out how to.
More INFO

Thanks.

I wonder if this is the "first step" or are they/have they targeted other appliances ?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The list is long and the citizens of the EU do not know much before IT happens. They already have made directive about light bulbs as mentioned before, then they made directives about TV´s, vacuum cleaners and what more is in the list are pretty much every household items there is, cooker hoods, ovens, refrigerators, windows, laptops, power cables, faucets, fireplaces and shower heads etc etc..
While they are doing this to citizens the big companies are getting through loophole even they use most of the energy in general.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

To be fair, there is a time and place for cheap. Say when what you have breaks and it needs to be replaced RIGHT. NOW. and you simply don't have the funds for anything else, but I get what you're saying about preferring to make an investment. I do too.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If that law was in America, it would be walked through congress by company A, because company B has a superior vacuum that coincidentally uses 2001 w of power.

We call it "law-fare", using legislation and the courts to wage war on smarter people who have a superior product.

After all, you don't get ahead by having a superior product or advertising. You get ahead by having superior lawyers.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The reasons behind this ruling are pretty simple (although to avoid scaremongering it''s been left out of the headlines).

Due to the "Green" policies a number of power stations have already been closed and more closures are planned.

www.energy-uk.org.uk...

There are particular times when the demand for power gets very close to capacity. So reducing the amount of power that any one person can use at a specific moment in time offers a low cost solution. This helps ease the burden on the national grid and prevent the demand for electricity exceeding the capacity to supply it and a power outage occurring.

The alternative is building new power stations. Some of which only need to be brought on-line during spikes in demand for electricity. The costs of which are extremely high and would ultimately be passed on to all of us as consumers.

edit on 6/9/14 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join