It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does a Florida County Need Eight $18 Million Helicopters?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I'm fairly easy with regards to proof honestly. Photos, or written documentation of some sort that shows AH-64s by designation being transferred to the sheriffs department.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm fairly easy with regards to proof honestly. Photos, or written documentation of some sort that shows AH-64s by designation being transferred to the sheriffs department.

Good luck, as I have been asking for that this whole thread. Maybe you will get what your asking for.

edit on 23-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm saying what I said before. The value is for the initial purchase of the aircraft, not the current value. The value comes down over time, especially after removal of the weapons systems, classified flight systems, countermeasures, etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

after removal of the weapons systems, classified flight systems, countermeasures, etc.

Now that's the only reason's I would want to have one.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Okay thanks for the reply. I have a couple friends who work for the Pasco county sheriffs department. I will see what they have to say on the matter, and if I am able to uncover something, I will be more than happy to post that here.
However if it turns into a matter that would be best left alone, I will still come back and report that I was given the brick wall.
Thanks for your reply. Might take me a couple days to report back.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

They went to a local Air Force base within Brevard County.

NASA, The Space Center, Cape Canaveral, and the Space Wing of the Air Force is all located within Brevard County. I am not even sure if it was 8 total, that number may be a typo too.

I am currently living in Brevard, have worked for Brevard Country, even know the call sign of the local police helicopter, I would notice if they were flying Apaches. I even asked around this morning and The Brevard County Sheriff's Office did not get a bunch of military surplus AH-64 back in 2011.

edit on 23-8-2014 by jrod because: add

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I know how that can be, and I'm in no hurry. Take your time. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
edit on 8/23/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That makes sense actually. There's a lot of use for them in that area.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Someone mentioned something about crash testing helo fuselages out at the Cape. This would be a good use for some old worn out helos.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

lol LEA's (Law Enforcement Agencies) are not just anybody... You are also talking about military contractors that deal with such classified equipment. These people are not "just anybody"... It is a known fact that the U.S. government has been militarizing more and more the LEA's, and this is part of that militarization.

I could show you the credentials of one of the aircraft mechanics working for the FSR North American Surveillance Systems Titusville, Florida (Melbourne, Florida Area) for these helos, and he still has "Top Secret Security Clearance (Previous SCI and NATO Read On)"

www.linkedin.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yeah, that's always been the biggest thing with a helo. They can armor then against up to heavy caliber weapons, but can't make them survivable in fairly non violent crashes.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if they are law enforcement or not, they don't get all the bells and whistles of military equipment.

Of course the contractors have clearance. They're working on military aircraft, which still have the classified gear on board. Which means that they have to have active clarence.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Of course the Brevard county Sheriff did not receive the helos... Seriously how many times do I have to point out to you that this is part of the reason why the NASS was hired... Their own website and the DLA states why... To maintain, store and "provide worldclass logistics support to warfighters". (these types of helos)

"Small businesses are vitally important to DLA and our mission to provide world-class logistics support to warfighters. DLA remains committed to maximizing small business participation opportunities to help ensure a robust Industrial Base that meets the needs of all who serve."- VADM Harnitchek, Director

www.dla.mil...

The NASS is such a small business that was hired by the DLA.

Although it seems probable that they are still working on the expansion for the airport as per the January 2014 report.

It seems that some people are forgetting the reason why the 1033 program was started in the first place, which I also excerpted in the first few posts I made in this thread.

When and why was the program created?
Answer: In the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 1990 and 1991, Congress authorized the transfer of excess DOD personal property to federal and state agencies for use in counter-drug activities. Congress later passed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1997; this act allows all law enforcement agencies to acquire property for bona fide law enforcement purposes that assist in their arrest and apprehension mission. Preference is given to counter-drug and counter-terrorism requests.

What controls does the program have?
Answer: For states to participate in the program, they must each set up a business relationship with DLA through a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA). Each participating state’s governor is required to appoint a State Coordinator to ensure the program is used correctly by the participating law enforcement agencies. The State Coordinators are expected to maintain property accountability records and to investigate any alleged misuse of property, and in certain cases, to report violations of the Memorandum of Agreement to DLA. State Coordinators are aggressive in suspending law enforcement agencies who abuse the program.

www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

This program was in fact created to militarize LEA's, and that's the reason for these helos. That's why the invoice from the Detroit Free Press states they were acquired for the Brevard county.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You still have yet to show that they are Apaches, besides cost, and what they were doing for the last three years until they hired them.

I also don't recall seeing proof the DLA hired them, or if they simply expanded into the area.
edit on 8/23/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Really? fully automatic rifles, grenade launchers, mine resistant vehicles, military helos and other military equipment. That's not mentioning the other facts like for example President Obama authorizing the use of military drone strikes in U.S. soil... But you want to say the LEA's won't get all the bells and whistles despite the evidence that shows the contrary?

BTW, yes I did point out the reason why that aircraft mechanic does have a top security clearance. The same type of clearance you and I had while in the military.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Since when are those classified? No, they aren't getting all the good stuff the military uses. An MRAP isn't classified, neither is a gun.

They will not get classified systems on them. They won't even get the full capabilities of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Now thats a good question. WHY do they need that. On the news, four black hawk helicopters flew over buildings in Minneapolis, MN. with search spot lights. The military told the police and said doing practice. That was all that was said about it. Practice for what? Fergusen riots, i don't think so. What is up with More and more people all of a sudden going NUTS ?
edit on 23-8-2014 by cloaked4u because: add comment

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If I may express an impromptu PARANOID theory,During the cold war the US would preposition hardware to counter Russia in various areas in Europe(We still are) I would suggest they are locating elaborate assets police have NO use for in order to do the same on a covert level.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I remember reading a story about the U.S. Army taking all the Apaches away from the National Guard because of budget restraints. Could it be the feds don't want the state's National Guard units to have such sophisticated weapons? Why would that be? Here's a link to an article.
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Now you are trying to get off tangent. This is military equipment we are talking about that is normally used only in war zones which has been given and approved to be used by LEA's.

Since when are grenade launchers, military helos, drones, etc to be also used by LEA's not classified as military equipment? They are not going to strip all the equipment from them. What part of militarization of LEA's don't you get?

As for whether or not the NASS was contracted to maintain these military helos? Well, who else is going to do it? The NASS has worked for the DoD, and the Air Force, among others.

Here is one of the examples of the contract awards given to the NASS.

North American Surveillance Systems Awarded Wiring Harness Assembly Contract for Blue Devil II Airship
Jan 6, 2012 Source: North American Surveillance Systems

Deland, Florida --- January 3, 2012 – North American Surveillance Systems Inc., (NASS), a global leader in surveillance system integration, has been awarded multiple contracts for the U.S. Air Force Blue Devil Block II Airship.

“NASS is bringing its extensive experience in aircraft systems wiring to the Blue Devil 2 (BD2) project,” said Richard McCourt, NASS President. “This giant 370-foot long airship is seven times the size of the Goodyear blimp and will be deployed for surveillance missions over Afghanistan early in 2012.”
About NASS

North American Surveillance Systems specializes in the installation and integration of ISR, communications and weapons systems for airborne, maritime and ground-based applications. A veteran-owned small business and AS9100 company, NASS has more than 17 years of proven excellence in the modification of rotary and fixed-wing aircraft. NASS capabilities include ISR systems sales and integration, NVIS conversion, non-standard aircraft systems modification and weaponization of aircraft.

Visit North American Surveillance Systems Inc., at www.nassusa.net...

www.aviationpros.com...

You can bet that the Brevard Sheriff department is not the one that will be maintaining, and fixing these military helos that Brevard county was given by the DLA, so who then?

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join