It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does a Florida County Need Eight $18 Million Helicopters?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Yup, thats the airshow, Sandy Hook isnt far from AC

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
Well now I can stop worrying about it, thanks. I'm always looking out for the choppers.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

a video someone did from part of the show
You know, by the way, the airframes of the AH-1's (cobra) are decommissioned because most are over 40 years old? they cant handle the stress of combat flying anymore

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Now you need to prove that the Detroit Free Press is not a reliable source... Because that's exactly what you are claiming now.

There is no disclaimer or warning from the Detroit Free Press not to use the database link they gave.

I already mentioned that the link was most probably provided by the DLA to the Detroit Free Press, and it's probably just a smaller section of the larger DLA database.

As for the warning...

WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT COMPUTER SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE IS PROHIBITED BY PUBLIC LAW 99-474 (THE COMPUTER FRAUD AND ABUSE ACT OF 1986) AND CAN RESULT IN ADMINISTRATIVE, DISCIPLINARY OR CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS.

Now try to do some real homework for yourself and find, and if you want to risk it post a link to that site...

Oh and btw, I did not use the database... I just posted the warning that was found through google.

I don't recommend the use of the database link in itself.
edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: MrSpad

The Govenor of Florida did not hire them he just annouced they chose put some of their business in Brevard. Just like he annouces Amazon opening up a warehouse or any other company that opens in Flordia.

On that part, and that part alone are you right. The governor announced it, he did not hire the NASS, the DLA hired the NASS. I made that mistake.

As for your claim that 8 completely newer aircraft are just being used to replace parts on older helos makes no sense at all. You don't disassemble newer helos to replace parts on older ones.

They are not new. They are surplus. As in old. Just like the 3 helicopters the Brevard County Sherrifs department already had. So in 2011 they recieved 8 old most likey non working helicoters of the same model for parts. Also I see no current contracts between DLA and NASS. And NASS still has to build hangars. That means your theory is in 2011 the DLA tranfered Apache helicopters to Brevard to sit around for 4 years while they waited for NASS to decide to open a branch in Brevard 3 years later and then wait another year to build a hangar when they could have just sent them another one of NASSs facities back in 2011.

When we know DLA sends old aircraft that may not be in working order. We know they show the original cost, which does not match an Apache, to the military. We know that DLA sends aircraft to be used for parts, we know that Brevard county sheriffs office had 4 old military surplus helicopters now down to 3 and that they depend on the DLA for parts. It is not hard to figure out the chopper were and are still being used for parts to maintain the current helicopters they have in service.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Okay I had to get right on this being so close to me.

The militarization of police in the US reaches new levels. Police in Brevard, Florida, USA have bought eight AH-64D Apache gunships. Eight heavy attack helicopters! That's enough to defend (or invade) a small country. What are the civilian police supposed to do with that kind of equipment, shoot graffiti? With hundreds of Hellfire anti-tank missiles and 30-millimeter autocannons?

Helicopters. lol you where being nice by using that understatement. They bought AH-64D Apache gunships!
Freaking gunships!!!

The militarization of police in the US reaches new levels. Police in Brevard, Florida, USA have bought eight AH-64D Apache gunships. Eight heavy attack helicopt...

Here is a photo from Tampa that was taken not to long ago.

This build up has been going on the past 3 years!
Just what are they getting ready for, good question!

I have personally seen some of these Gunships going over my home as of late. I really just figured they where headed to MacDill Air force base over here.
I had no idea these are in fact police gunships patrolling the air ways!
I think it is slightly over kill a little bit.
I've seen some bad parts of town, but what good is an attack gunship going to do in those places?
Maybe intimidation? Perhaps they are getting ready for everything we have all be talking about in the past here.
They will NOT call it Marshal Law. They will have a new fancy name for it.

But that is why they got these. To prepare for what ever they are going to label "marshal Law" as.

I am going to keep an eye on this, as more information comes out, I will post.
I will also try to take some photos of these Gunships flying over my house.

I just assumed they where military gunships. AS they once where, but now in the hands of the BIGGEST gang in the USA.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've seen almost brand new aircraft scrapped for parts to keep older aircraft flying. If the DLA is getting rid of them they're surplus, which means they're either non flying scrap, or they aren't in the best condition to begin with.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's a standard warning for all military websites. If you hack your way in you're in more trouble. But you are free to access any public portion of it.
edit on 8/23/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They are surplus but newer than the older helos they had been using... As for the cost not matching the value of an apache you are completely wrong...

The helos are probably AH-64D Apache Longbows, which are valued by our own military in a range around 15 million-18 million each...

Boeing Awarded Contract for 18 U.S. Army AH-64D Apache Longbow Helicopters

ST. LOUIS, April 09, 2007 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and the U.S. Army have signed a $276.4 million contact for 18 new AH-64D Apache Longbow multi-role combat helicopters.

The contract raises to 45 the number of new-build Apache Longbows on order with the U.S. Army.

The U.S. Army also recently contracted for the remanufacture of 96 AH-64A Apaches into AH-64Ds.

Boeing will begin delivery of these new-build helicopters in mid-2009 at its manufacturing facility in Mesa, Ariz., where Apaches have been built since the program's inception.

"The combat-proven Apache Longbow continues to support our warfighters and
the battlefield commander's requirements across the full spectrum of operations," said David Almond, Boeing Block II Apache program manager. "We remain committed to producing the most superior attack helicopter in the world -- a helicopter that our soldiers can count on each and every time."

The U.S. Army uses the Apache Longbow to fulfill attack helicopter and reconnaissance requirements. Featuring fully integrated avionics and weapons, plus state-of-the-art digital communications capabilities, the Apache Longbow can rapidly detect, classify, prioritize and engage stationary and moving opposition targets at standoff ranges in nearly all weather environments.

The new U.S. Army Apache Longbow aircraft, to be built in the Block II configuration, are in addition to the 501 remanufactured AH-64D Apache Longbows built between 1997 and 2006 under two five-year, multi-year contracts.

www.ar15.com...

276,400,000/18 =15,355,555.5556 each. So putting the value of these other helos at 18 million would mean they are very likely in working condition.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct error.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Prove it. There isn't a shred of proof other than the cost to the military.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No, the value is what the military paid for them. Not the current value. If the military is getting rid of them the value is less. Value does not go up with use.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I've seen almost brand new aircraft scrapped for parts to keep older aircraft flying. If the DLA is getting rid of them they're surplus, which means they're either non flying scrap, or they aren't in the best condition to begin with.

That's not what the DLA website states. Posted the following info on the first page of this thread.

How do I get my agency an aircraft?
Agencies wishing to request an aircraft must fill out the following aircraft request in its entirety. State agencies must submit this request to their appropriate State Coordinators for approval. Federal agencies must send the request directly to the LESO Aircraft Lead.

Can I receive an aircraft for cannibalization?

Not all aircraft received will be in "flyable" condition. Some aircraft are issued strictly for parts.

Cannibalization may be authorized on a case-by-case basis. Prior to ANY cannibalization, your agency must submit a written request through your State Coordinator and receive approval from LESO Headquarters.

www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

What this means is that they do indeed issue aircraft which are in flying condition, just "some" are issued strictly for parts.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

An aircraft can be flyable and be in bad condition. All that means is that it doesn't have parts missing and big holes in the fuselage.

There are aircraft in the Air Force that are flyable on paper, and could pass an airworthiness exam, that can barely be moved around the ramp under their own power.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
TPTB must be "expecting" some serious social problems there soon. If I lived there, I would be finding out why they have these.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, the value is what the military paid for them. Not the current value. If the military is getting rid of them the value is less. Value does not go up with use.

No, but the value does go up according to the equipment found in the helos.

Remember, I was in the U.S. Navy as Aircrew AW, an aircrewman on an S-3 Viking squadron in the 90s, before the S-3 Vikings were decommissioned.

I know exactly how the military works.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So that's like saying that your car is worth more with 60,000 miles on it, after driving the hell out of it, than when it's new.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I know exactly how the military works.

So does Zaphod, but he was AF, so he knows what hes talking about as well. Havent you ever seen his air craft threads?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: zysin5

Prove it. There isn't a shred of proof other than the cost to the military.

I respect your past and your knowledge when it comes to this. So I will do my best to try to come up with something that does not serve a left wing agenda. The pages I was reading where clearly liberal left wing gate keeping sites.

Let me get back to you on that. I am local to the area, so would a photo of one of these Gunships serve as proof?
What would you accept as proof? So I know what I should be looking for.

To be honest, I would like to find 1 non bias site, or account about this.
Its either left wing, or right wing slants on this topic.. Slightly confusing to be honest.
edit on 23414332285 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

I can not find one mention of this on or in any MSM accounts. This worries me that MSM simply refuses to even mention it.
So with all due respect. What sort of proof should I be looking for?
edit on 23414112985 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't get what you are trying to get at. Are you trying to say that the value of 18 million each given by the DLA is false?

Just because the helos have been given away for use by LEA's doesn't mean they are just scrap metal for parts. There is plenty of military equipment that is in perfect working condition being given away to LEA's, and according to the DLA site aircraft can also be given away that are in flying condition.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No, but the value does go up according to the equipment found in the helos.

And you think they leave the classified equipment in them that get's sold to the public...if it were that easy every country in the world would be buying them for the classified equipment.

Now think about that for a second.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join