It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ominous signs point to ISIS connection at US southern border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This border issue is urgent! We need to secure our border with Mexico yesterday. This article further drives the point home for me that the border is unsafe for Americans in its present state. According to the article, Texas represenativs are aware of the dangerous possible union between ISIS and Mexican Drug Cartels, and the fact that ISIS agents may already in the U.S.

Members of Congress have already seen signs at the southern border within the extreme northern end of Mexico that terrorists may have collaborated with drug cartels. Poe states,

Breitbart is reporting that U.S. Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, stated during a news forum that Mexican drug cartels are in regular talks with the dangerous Islamist terrorist organization ISIS.

"The drug cartels use the same operational plan as terrorist groups do ... They kill their opponents, they behead their opponents, they brag about it and they have operational control of many portions of the southern border of the United States. They're vicious as some of these other terrorist organizations."
Since 2009 the tactics of the drug cartels have grown more brutal in the wake of evidence that the Mexican criminals have used Jihadists to advance their agenda. Numerous reports have emerged indicating that over the last six years the drug cartels have beheaded dozens if not hundreds of Mexican citizens caught in the crosshairs of these dangerous criminals. The cartels have certainly shown no reticence about engaging in brutality. Thus, it is difficult to imagine that the cartels would have any hesitation at all about engaging in talks with ISIS, even to the point of launching collaborative efforts.

Something's up with this ISIS group that we're not being told. Someone-somewhere benefits from it or else it wouldn't be a problem. Why isn't the border being sealed?! What says ATS?

www.examiner.com...
edit on 22-8-2014 by lostbook because: fix paragraph

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Build a wall and shoot them all!!!!!
Great and well thought out solution....

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I find this hard to accept. The drug cartels don't hate Americans. We're their customers. Damaging us would just be bad for business. None of them would want to see a less porous border. Proof of an ISIS/Cartel connection would increase business expenses.

And I also doubt ISIS is interested in working something out with a bunch of Mary praising infidels, however brutal they might similarly be. Why would ISIS need the cartels, or visa versa, again?

This 'connection' smells of political opportunism, having little to do with ISIS or the cartels in my opinion.

I call BS on this one.
edit on 23-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
why would the cartels want to attack the US were there biggest buyer of there product if they were found to be in leuge with ISIS and planning attacks or attacking the US the # would hit the fan and they would has a real problem on there hands not to mention how hard it would be to get there product here with insane boarder protection they dont want the US military in there country And on the boarder that would be counter productive to there bussiness model

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Here is my idea, after living near the MEX border for 8 years. This is a VERY easy problem to fix.
1. Establish a "no man zone"... 1 mile within our border should be good.
2. We have 70+ insanely equipped border agents that even the cartels would run from. They are called A-10s... stationed 60 miles from the border
3. EVERYTHING within that 1 mile border is a TARGET. Strafe away boys...
4. IF the cartels want to move there stuff north with vehicles? A Maverick missile or two... they will quit.
5. Allow ranchers and landowners to "shoot on sight" ANY illegal on their property.

I can GUARANTEE this... let the A-10s secure our border; the cartels will quit.

Tough to move product with 30mm rounds shredding the shipments...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Border? What border?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Southern border is by far the most secure border in the US and far far more secure now that at anytime in our history. On top of that the our biggest protection against terrorist coming in through the south are the Cartels themselves. Many of which pratice radical Christian doctrines. They need to get drugs into the US. The one thing that could slow that is if terrorist came in through the south. Then even normal people would freak out about the southern border and make life for the cartels very hard. So they would so anything to keep that from happening.

And thus far no terrotist has ever come in from the southern border. It is far more secure than say coming from Canada, the coast, or as they all do with fake passports so they take flights right into the US. Only a complete idiot of a terrorist would try to come from Mexico when every other way is so much easier.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The Southern border is by far the most secure border in the US and far far more secure now that at anytime in our history. On top of that the our biggest protection against terrorist coming in through the south are the Cartels themselves. Many of which pratice radical Christian doctrines. They need to get drugs into the US. The one thing that could slow that is if terrorist came in through the south. Then even normal people would freak out about the southern border and make life for the cartels very hard. So they would so anything to keep that from happening.

And thus far no terrotist has ever come in from the southern border. It is far more secure than say coming from Canada, the coast, or as they all do with fake passports so they take flights right into the US. Only a complete idiot of a terrorist would try to come from Mexico when every other way is so much easier.

Our southern border is wide open for all to scurry through! If anything it will be much easier for ISIS to get into the U.S. that way than any other.

The Obama Administration either doesn't care about our nation's security or it is knowingly putting us at risk. Either way we are screwed.

I always thought since 9/11 that we would face another terrorist attack. The next one will be so bad we will forget 9/11. If ISIS is capable of beheading people with impunity, burying alive women and children, etc, etc, then it is most certainly capable of planning a massive terrorist attack here.

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

when will US government take responsibility for creating ISIS in Syria and have it spill into Iraq.

Hello US government, are you listening

edit on 23-8-2014 by TimeAfterTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
sorry double post

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimeAfterTime

when will US government take responsibility for creating ISIS in Syria and have it spill into Iraq.

Hello US government, are you listening

The government never listens!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The Southern border is by far the most secure border in the US and far far more secure now that at anytime in our history. On top of that the our biggest protection against terrorist coming in through the south are the Cartels themselves. Many of which pratice radical Christian you mean Roman Catholic doctrines. They need to get drugs into the US. The one thing that could slow that is if terrorist came in through the south. Then even normal people would freak out about the southern border and make life for the cartels very hard. So they would so anything to keep that from happening.

the bold print is my addition because true Christian doctrine would not allow drug sales at all whle the RC doesn't matter repentence is not part of their doctrine unless it benefits their cause.
edit on 23-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They would be working with cartels to sneakily infiltrate the USA without having to go through customs.. im sure the cartels have a way to do that.

Another reason could be funding. Cartels have unlimited money, ISIS could use money..

Either way we seriously need to come together as a population and focus on what we need to do to ensure the survival of America as we know it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I find this hard to accept. The drug cartels don't hate Americans. We're their customers. Damaging us would just be bad for business. None of them would want to see a less porous border. Proof of an ISIS/Cartel connection would increase business expenses.

And I also doubt ISIS is interested in working something out with a bunch of Mary praising infidels, however brutal they might similarly be. Why would ISIS need the cartels, or visa versa, again?

This 'connection' smells of political opportunism, having little to do with ISIS or the cartels in my opinion.

I call BS on this one.

You make a good point but I wouldn't let my guard down if I were you. Something's going on.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Our southern border is wide open for all to scurry through! If anything it will be much easier for ISIS to get into the U.S. that way than any other.

The Obama Administration either doesn't care about our nation's security or it is knowingly putting us at risk. Either way we are screwed.

I always thought since 9/11 that we would face another terrorist attack. The next one will be so bad we will forget 9/11. If ISIS is capable of beheading people with impunity, burying alive women and children, etc, etc, then it is most certainly capable of planning a massive terrorist attack here.

It's only a matter of time.

Our southern border is far more secure now than at anytime in our history. In WW2 we had what was by far the largest deploment of 1000 border agents from our founding until the 1990s. In the 1990s we had 3000. Now we have 28,000. So this nonsense about the border being wide open is just that, nonsense. If your biggest worry is the Southern Border then Obama should be your hero because he tripled the size of the border partol since he has been in office. So no, it would be far far easier to come in through the north, or a port or just fligh in on fake passport like they have in the past. We focus the vast majority of out border partol on the southern border for the sake of politics and easing the minds of simple folks who are afrain of Mexicans while we neglect everything else.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

You know this how? Aren't you in New York City?

I'm actually on the border and agree 100% with Mr. Spad.

new topics

top topics

join