It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian convoy crosses Ukraine border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
MSM sources AP, Reuters... reporting:
Russian Aid Trucks Begin to Leave Ukraine DONETSK, Russia

— Aug 23, 2014, 4:01 AM ET By ALEXANDER ROSLYAKOV
Associated Press Associated Press

Trucks marked as being from a bitterly disputed Russian aid convoy to Ukraine began returning to Russia on Saturday. An Associated Press reporter counted 67 trucks entering the border crossing in the Russian city of Donetsk before noon Saturday. Another AP reporter on the Ukrainian side of the border said a line of trucks about 3 kilometers (2 miles) long was waiting to cross. The checkpoint on the Ukrainian side was being operated by separatist rebels, who inspected the trucks.

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimeAfterTime

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Your thoughts are irrelevant in the face of facts.

You wouldn't know facts if they came up to you and said, HEY WE ARE FACTS

You just go ahead and parrot whatever US Elite want

Your TIME magazine subscription is waiting

I was quoting RT.com. Boom. Bye.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You're making stuff up now, Kiev never once accepted to let Russian convoys enter Ukraine and nor do you know there are any weapons on board

Well that is where you are wrong...

The ICRC has taken all necessary administrative and preparatory steps for the passage of the Russian convoy – which remains at the border, still within Russia, pending customs checks – including sending additional staff to the area and receiving authorization from the Ukrainian authorities to clear the aid as humanitarian cargo after customs inspections. The organization is therefore ready to deliver the aid to Lugansk, provided both Russia and Ukraine agree on the strictly humanitarian nature of this convoy and provided assurances of safe passage are respected by the fighting parties. Under international humanitarian law, the parties to the conflict must respect and protect humanitarian relief personnel, in particular those legally displaying the red cross emblem.

www.icrc.org...

Helps to go to the source for your info.

Now Ukraine has agreed but it has stipulations the Russians didn't want because they seem to have something they don't want to be seen or they would have done as asked.

Sorry but the facts don't lie.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You're making stuff up now, Kiev never once accepted to let Russian convoys enter Ukraine and nor do you know there are any weapons on board

Well that is where you are wrong...

The ICRC has taken all necessary administrative and preparatory steps for the passage of the Russian convoy – which remains at the border, still within Russia, pending customs checks – including sending additional staff to the area and receiving authorization from the Ukrainian authorities to clear the aid as humanitarian cargo after customs inspections. The organization is therefore ready to deliver the aid to Lugansk, provided both Russia and Ukraine agree on the strictly humanitarian nature of this convoy and provided assurances of safe passage are respected by the fighting parties. Under international humanitarian law, the parties to the conflict must respect and protect humanitarian relief personnel, in particular those legally displaying the red cross emblem.

www.icrc.org...

Helps to go to the source for your info.

Now Ukraine has agreed but it has stipulations the Russians didn't want because they seem to have something they don't want to be seen or they would have done as asked.

Sorry but the facts don't lie.

I already sourced it for them. I even baited them. I knew they would scream Western Propaganda (as multiple have), so my source (which they did not even look at) was RT.com.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I already sourced it for them. I even baited them. I knew they would scream Western Propaganda (as multiple have), so my source (which they did not even look at) was RT.com.

I know but now they can't say it is just western propaganda...and I enjoyed the fact you used their favorite source of info, but it seems nothing will make them happy.

Except a full on invasion of Ukraine by Russia.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Latest vid on the invasion of Russian potatoes lol

edit on 23-8-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Latest vid on the invasion of Russian potatoes lol

So now let me ask you this...

Who inspected all the trucks that crossed the border, and does this show the contents of all the trucks?

I will have to say no to the trucks all being checked before entering Ukraine, and only Russia knows the content to what was in all the trucks because they refused to let them be checked before crossing the border.

And would you expect RT to tell the truth...I mean seriously now they know who pays the bills.

Also care to provide a better source that is a bit more unbiased than RT?
edit on 23-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

only Russia knows the content to what was in all the trucks because they refused to let them be checked before crossing the border.
Who is them ? a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Who is them ?

Them is not a who but a what...and them would refer to the convoy as they only allowed 34 to be checked and cleared before crossing the border.

According to the independent Organisation for Security and Co-operation (OSCE) observer mission, a total of 134 trucks, of which 34 have been inspected, had crossed over the border by 14:20 local time (11.20 GMT).

www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well it could be that they were slack in what they were doing and were actually delaying much needed aid . It could be that Russia actually had a dozen atomic bombs in some of the trucks and plan on moving them to Kiev . For all intense purposes the aid convoy was not a over night knee jerk reason and has been very overt .But I haven't seen a list of the drivers of the trucks and don't know if their pass ports are up to date ,so there may be a violation of some international law . They will have to deal with that bridge should it present it's self in the future . All I know is that some aid is getting to some people who are desperate to get it . a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No one mentions the simple truth that the last thing Kiev wants is for aid to get through. Makes sense regarding the situation. I am sure they would love to destroy the convoy and somehow blame the Russians. All they have had up till now are stalling tactics. It is difficult for them to find a fitting spin to justify stopping aid, hence the weapons nonsense. Followed by the usual US demonisation.

The US is a disgrace...forever promoting it's own grotesque caricature of democracy. The strange thing is that anyone would want to listen to them. I keep asking...what has Ukraine got to do with America...why doesn't someone tell them plainly to butt out, piss off and go away? Go and fix the mess you have made of the middle East...

God help any country when the USA starts spreading peace and love in their neighbourhood. I once said before...America has become the cop thet kneels on your back, screaming calm down sir. Whilst at the same time not only robbing you of your freedom but rifling your pockets and fitting you up.

edit on 23-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well put . No doubt it's not a perfect world and so there is always a chance for improvement ,but when the west moves into a bad situation it only becomes terrible for the people on the ground .There are way too many instances in recent history to verify that fact ....peace . a reply to: midicon

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Well it could be that they were slack in what they were doing and were actually delaying much needed aid .

Or Russia didn't want to do things the right way, which isn't the first time that's happened. And yet Ukraine sent aid there with the Red Cross and no problems...and you know why, they did it the right way.

But I haven't seen a list of the drivers of the trucks and don't know if their pass ports are up to date ,so there may be a violation of some international law .

It had nothing to do with the passports of the drivers, but good way to try and pass the blame away from Russia.

All I know is that some aid is getting to some people who are desperate to get it .

And if Russia had done what they agreed to in the beginning more people would have received that aid a lot faster.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

No one mentions the simple truth that the last thing Kiev wants is for aid to get through.

Wow what world do you live in, because the Ukraine gov't agreed to let the convoy in only to have Russia change their minds and do things their way.

As for the stalled Russian aid convoy, Ukrainian officials have insisted that it would not be allowed to enter its territory until it had been inspected by an international organization.
Russia has said that it has been working with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to facilitate the delivery of the aid, which the residents of Luhansk, who have been without water and electricity for almost a fortnight, desperately need.
However, an ICRC spokesperson said on Thursday, that talks with Russian officials were continuing, but that much still had to be cleared up before it could be involved in an operation to facilitate the distribution of the Russian aid.
"The plans keep changing, the discussions are going ahead and we will not confirm for sure until we know an agreement has been reached," spokesperson Anastasia Isyuk said from the ICRC's headquarters in Geneva.

www.dw.de...

But it is much easier to blame Ukraine than to tell the truth isn't it?

And if what you think is true then why would Kiev send aid on their own with the Red Cross?

God help any country when the USA starts spreading peace and love in their neighbourhood. I once said before...America has become the cop thet kneels on your back, screaming calm down sir. Whilst at the same time not only robbing you of your freedom but rifling your pockets and fitting you up.

It's such a shame we have all those crossing our borders to get what they can't have in their countries...freedom and the ability to enjoy that freedom...it's such a damn shame I tell you.

And feel free to show what freedoms are being taken away from the people of the US.
edit on 23-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's such a shame we have all those crossing our borders to get what they can't have in their countries...freedom and the ability to enjoy that freedom...it's such a damn shame I tell you.

And feel free to show what freedoms are being taken away from the people of the US.

It is a shame that people have to migrate from their own countries. America for them might represent all that you say...in fact might deliver more than they hope...or not. Who can say? Those that are crossing your borders are in a sad situation.

I think the American people see freedoms being erased perhaps they can comment.

edit on 23-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Too bad they bypassed any right way of thinking when they performed the cou . Is there a RIGHT way to do that or is it right no matter which way you do it ? a reply to: tsurfer2000h

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join