It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West poised to join forces with Assad in face of Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well Philip Hammond has come out and said Britain won't be joining forces with Syria.

Phi lip Hammond: We will not enter into a 'poisonous' alliance with Assad

If USA do though it re-affirms the theory that they are just desperate to have a public enemy number 1. Last year it was Iran, then Syria, the year before that the LRA, then before that Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. Are they actually interested in conbatting these enemies? Well they haven't been particularly successful since Bin Laden (apparently).

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I suppose a lot of this was settled upon when the FSA truce and withdraw from Allepo, about 2 months ago.
I'm NO Obama fan, but I always keep a retrospective...maybe the US isn't missing the ball.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

west really screwed up with supporting Syrian rebels that turned into ISIS

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Moderate rebels? Is this another term a Western Government made up? I call them Extremists.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

If they were that interested they wouldn't of declared "Mission accomplished" and left while market/car bombs were exploding on a regular basis in Iraq. This has been happening since the US led invasion and after the invaders left. It's like they wanted this outcome to eventually happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It seems to me that the ME is far more stable with dictators than democracy. But instead of accepting that, the West continually tries to subvert their power structures in pursuit of profits and any leader that objects is subject to removal by force. The vacuum that's left gives rise to groups like ISIS/ISIL/IS.

If Assad can take on ISIS and be rehabilitated as a regional leader - is Syria better off? Is the U.S.? IMHO - yes.

How do you know for sure since these dictators were removed?

What the west fears or feared with Saddam was he was increasingly anti west, increasingly leaning towards communist allies, Russian and later the Chinese where and still are making friends in the region of strategic and economic importance, and so it is better to destabilise and take them out or ally with friendly, Sunnis in the gulf states tend to ally with the west, the rest we're questionably undecided or anti west, and so they had to go rather than pose a threat by fattening up threat like Russia China, and also themselves becoming a greater threat

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I often wonder what the world would be like today without that crappy Man-date forcing that bastard thorn back into the sides of middle eastern natives?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Assad? is the poop loop cycle completed?

Time to put these on?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Eastasia has always been Oceania's ally

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join