It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incognito Forum Request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'd like to see a forum where members can post anonymously. No avatars, stats, or signatures, but keep the star and flag function. The hooks would be that you can't see who wrote the post until after you give it a star and the post authors would have the ability to see where their stars are coming from. I think it would go a long way to squash a lot of the animosity some of us hold against one another.

What do you think guys and gals?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think if it takes anonymity to that extent for you to be honest then you have more issues you need to address with yourself then this site can help you sort out....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We tried that:

It didn't work.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75 I don't care one way or the other.
Sure why not, what the hey, If that works for some people I say give it a try.

At least if it's given a chance I'm sure I'll form a opinion, either pro or con

But then again, who really cares.....

Cripes I'm all cranky! Need to knock off and get some sleep..........

Good luck with your idea! (seriously)

G-snert

edit on 22-8-2014 by grubblesnert because: I sounded sort of rude

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Did it have the features I suggested, or was it just straight up anonymous?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The mods would be on overtime all of the time I think. Can you imagine how many people here would love to sign in anonymously just to call out other members, start trouble, stir the pot, blow up the universe, etc.?? I think the whole forum would be over run by nasty/vindictive posts all the time. Look at what some members do with the u2u function on here and that's knowing that the other person can see their name... just not the whole forum.

If it would not be abused I think it would be pretty awesome. But trolls are why we can't have nice things. Really.
edit on 8/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Or how about a forum where within a thread, posters were anonymous but given a sequential alias as as soon as they'd joined in (@ first post), so the conversation was easy to follow? (Poster 0, Poster 1, Poster 2).

A bit off-topic, An ATS IRC channel would also be cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Or how about a forum where within a thread, posters were anonymous but given a sequential alias as as soon as they'd joined in (@ first post), so the conversation was easy to follow? (Poster 0, Poster 1, Poster 2).

Hmm I hadn't considered that and I liked the idea at first, but after pondering it for a while I think it would defeat the purpose of anonymity. Think about it, poster #2 makes a comment you strongly disagree with or maybe even offends you, for the remainder of the thread you're going to be reluctant to star anything written by poster #2 which is pretty much the same thing we do now.

Personally I think it would be fun to have no clue who I'm about to give a star to, only to find out after giving the star that I just agreed with someone I despised earlier. Plus now I know that that person knows I just gave them a star lol. I think it would be an interesting twist to how we interact with one another.

I'm also one of those who believe there's a group of paid shills operating on this site who are contractually obligated to never disagree with one another. So you can bet that such a forum would be virtually shill free.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join