It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw Secret Service at Work in Chicago Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I do private remodeling in the John Hancock building downtown Chicago (Michigan Ave). Well, I read this article yesterday and it's been on my mind all day at work...

At the 44th floor there is a security checkpoint before taking a different elevator to the higher residential floors. Well, while standing there waiting for the elevator, I heard a man check in with security, saying "I'm Secret Service."

I thought that was pretty cool, and very interesting to me... Not much later though, another SS came up, and another... I had to know what was up.

At first the security guard kindly refused to tell me anything except there was a VIP expected today.

Meh....

So I didn't push the issue..... Well not until I caught him upstairs away from everyone else and asked again, real quiet like seeee.

He told me Vice President Joe Biden was in the building today and that was all he knew. I couldn't believe it! Firstly, it's pretty cool to be in the same building at the VP of the United States, regardless of what I feel about him/his office. Even just seeing the SS was a trip.

But what really made me stop and wonder was that article I posted above....

IMO It's very 9/11ish for him to be a couple blocks down the same street as a building "openly threatened by terrorists" just a day or two beforehand. (IF something should happen)

Either way, I for one hope nothing does happen, for everyone's sake, but you can't say it isn't damn interesting...

edit on 22-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: ATSing on a phone is tough stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I hope the govt is taking the Isis threat to Chicago seriously.I hope Joe was there to
coordinate some type of surveillance and special security. We cannot let this group
harm another American!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grumpydaysleeper

Aside from the plainclothes SS inside the building, I did notice an extraordinary police presence in the area, as well as at Union station. Dogs and all... Lets see if I can find a link about his visit real quick...
edit on 22-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
I hope Joe was there to
coordinate some type of surveillance and special security. We cannot let this group
harm another American!!

Joe Biden Visits Chicago Today for Pat Quinn Fundraiser

Not quite a security meeting.... Unless you mean financial security.

Or job security.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Also, possibly note worthy: there was what sounded like a fire alarm going off on one of the floors, and I was in an elevator with a security guard who had no idea why it was going off... Nobody was reacting to it either. Just this very loud alarm going off for no reason.

ALSO: the airlock system (two large metal sliding doors which alternately open/close to separate the loading docks from the buildings interior) were being repaired today. They hadn't worked for weeks prior.

It reminds me of the work done on the WTC buildings prior to you know what.

Eyes open. Got some research to do now

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

He told me Vice President Joe Biden

Do you think that guy might lose his job because you posted what he told you in a public forum?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's cool but I can't believe he gave you that information. Wouldn't that be one of the first things they are told not to do?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Scary stuff,honestly like I said in the other thread Chicago has been on my mind

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
That's cool but I can't believe he gave you that information. Wouldn't that be one of the first things they are told not to do?

He didn't at first. He was pretty adamant about it actually. But like I said, I ran into him later on another floor and asked him.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe, I did link the news article for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

He told me Vice President Joe Biden

Do you think that guy might lose his job because you posted what he told you in a public forum?

I hope not but...

Which guy

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

233 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606

is Willis Tower.

"I hope the govt is taking the Isis threat to Chicago seriously"---kinda sorta, but you can't forget SOMEONE is pulling Isis' strings and frankly there's evidence to suggest its any number of prominent countries, both in the middle east and much closer to Chicago. There is no Isis threat just a promise from the government, it's just like before 9/11, its called neurolingustic programming, to force our brains to make a connection with any future terror and a certain group (last time, AlQaida, now ISIS).

interesting note from wiki

United Airlines moved its corporate headquarters to Willis Tower from the United Building at 77 West Wacker Drive in August 2012

even if you dont accept numerology as valid, TPTB use numbers all the time. I found Chicago's zip code a little to apt as well. Oh, Willis Tower is 111 floors with the basements included.

top topics

join