learn more

Obama Steals Cookie from Child!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

yeah, that's all correct, but nobody's gonna do it, because people are lazy, and stupid, and it's so much easier just to ask uncle 'murrica for a loan..

why work for something, when uncle 'murrica will just hand it to you?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

It's not a state issue when the school districts voluntarily enroll in federal programs to receive funding for school lunches.

If you take the money by agreeing to the program you have to abide by the rules and regulations of that program.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

and their grandparents lived on food fried in lard, real butter and cheese, a sugary dessert after every supper, and maybe if they were good a sugary caffeinated fizz sometime during the day!
and then to top it off, the parents would lite up after the meal and smoke a cig at the dinner table..

ya know it's funny
didn't really know more than one or two really obese kids back then and didn't know any asthmatics!

guess what
a person needs a little fat in their diet
they need a little carbs in their diet
they need a little sugar in their diet

they don't need a ton of fake food made from chemicals that are also used to control pests or come from the petroleum industry's byproducts, or the ton of hormones that are used to fatten the critters up so they produce more meat than what is naturally possible!
I would venture to say that that cookie was probably more healthy if it was made with natural products than much of the food sold at the grocery market!

but na can't get down on the industries and get them to stop throwing poisons into everything we buy that would be too expensive
much better to demonize those that suffer the consequences of the industries actions and criticize their eating habits!

we had a homemade dessert after every meal which quite often consisted of some type of food fried in lard, real butter on our bread, and I loved my soft drinks!
and I was voted the skinniest person in my graduating class!

one little pink cookie in their lunch at school if made with natural ingredients ain't gonna harm the kids as much as
that little dab of margarine that is on top of the mashed potatoes!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: kaylaluv

who the hell is talking about the national school lunch program?

this is because of the "healthy, hunger-free kids act of 2010"...yes, it's tied to the NSLP, as part of it's re-authorization, but it's just a component...

it's not really the school's decision when they're being strong-armed, now is it?

If you opt out of the national school lunch program, then the healthy, hunger-free kids act of 2010 does not apply to you. It IS the school's decision to opt into the national school lunch program, therefore it IS their decision to follow the guidelines.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is a Republic. You vote people into office to represent your interests. Once you vote them in, then they use the tax money you give as they see fit. Don't like how they are spending your tax money? Vote them out and vote someone in who will spend it as you see fit. That's how this works.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

dependency = servitude
it's as simple as that
the people in the counties are either unwilling or unable to ensure that the kids can get a decent meal in school so the schools either don't have the money to or they misspend the money
and well they opt for the gov't assistance in it so that they don't have to worry about it themselves

but with any assistance naturally it comes with some kind of strings attached to it
in this case the gov't has some say as to what the schools feed the kids.
don't like it?
well are you willing to pay a little more in local taxes so the kids can get a decent meal?
is the school board willing to give up that extra frill or that for it?
what about the businesses in the area are they willing to pay a little bit more in wages so the parents can send a decent lunch in with their kids?

na
let's cut the taxes, let's cut the wages, more lets cut the school budget right?
let's create more danged dependency so the gov't can come riding in like the lone ranger and save the day!!!
and add more strings all along the way!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There isn't anything wrong with a cookie. You can make a tasty 150 calorie cookie that would be perfectly acceptable under the guidelines.

Heart disease is the number one cause of death in this country - has been for many years (yes, even back in the 1950's). Why do you think that is? Obviously, we're not doing something right. Back in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries, the biggest cause of death was influenza and pneumonia, but that was because we didn't know how to treat (and prevent) those diseases, so people died a lot younger before they had enough time to develop heart disease.

You know what I'd like to see as the number one cause of death in this country? Old age.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

my grandma died from a heart attack.
she was in her 90s
she made the best current jelly (from currents grown in her own yard) I ever had -
more sugar!

do they even take into consideration the size of their students?
I mean the more weight you carry the more calories you are gonna burn!
so the high school 6' 5" 175 lb football player that is mostly muscle is naturally gonna need more calories than the 5 foot 115 lb student would. so who do we cater to?? I mean if you give the football player the calories they need then you are gonna be giving too much to the 115 lb student and well possibly making them fat!

I had that trouble when I was pregnant with my first child and tried to follow the dietary guidelines that were given to me by the professionals. I went from 110 lbs to over 200 lbs by the time the baby was born! and I was taking over an hour longs daily walk thoughout the pregnancy!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

my grandma died from a heart attack.
she was in her 90s
she made the best current jelly (from currents grown in her own yard) I ever had -
more sugar!

Oh sure, you're going to have people who do all the wrong things and still live a long life. I've known people who chained smoked all their life, yet still lived to a ripe old age. The problem is, that's the exception and not the norm. And how do each of us know whether we will be the exception? That's a pretty big gamble to take.

I see what you're saying about different kids having different calorie requirements. But, they should be healthy calories (fruits/vegetables/proteins/whole grains). A little sugar is fine - a lot of sugar can cause a whole lot of problems for most people (unless you are the exception).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

what I am saying that even with the sugar and such my grandma was eating a healthier diet!
butter is healthier t han the margarine
sugar is better than the sugar substitutes that they are putting into things
and well go my mom had an aunt with perfect skin who washed her face in her own urine and I bet that was healthier than most of the soap on the markets today!

you can change our diets all you want ain't gonna make a difference
it's the crap in the food and in everything else
'

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well I agree with you to an extent, and with the 2nd post as well.

However, I truly wish schools would stop breakfast and lunch programs altogether.
Maybe school doesn't need to start at 7:30 a.m. so working parents have a little time to feed their kids whatever diet THEY deem appropriate.
Maybe "pizza-burgers" with zero nutritional value shouldn't be available, so kids don't throw away their veggie and hummus sandwich their Mom made for them in favor of this garbage like I did when I was 7 and didn't know better. Or did, just didn't care.

Sex education is fought against for the wrong reasons, it should be taught at home by rational, responsible parents. Yea right, like that will happen, especially when someone else will do it for them. It's just an excuse for most to not do their job - teach your own kids something every now and then.

Same with school food. I know a lot of parents are working hard and "don't have time", but so did my Mom as a single parent, and I never went without a quality meal, unless I had some allowance money in my pocket to buy ice cream instead. I don't want to have to send my child to school with no money, but I don't want them using it to buy food and candy and cookies which negate the diet I see fit, and gives them health issues I have to pay for as well.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join