It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Steals Cookie from Child!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: beezzer

People are angry because people are complaining about government taking away a 40 year tradition.

Sounds to me like you're saying that pink cookies are an entitlement.

Isn't that what you are saying?

I'm entitled to my pink cookie! The government owes me a pink cookie!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It most certainly is not easy or even possible for most, and if it were I wouldn't be so impressed with those who do it effectively. But those who can wield considerable leverage for us all.

When I was in school, my parents found out that every day I was absent, a small amount of funding was actually not given to the school for me, and so whenever the school acted inappropriately I would be removed immediately, the principal would get a message informing him that I would be back when the matter was corrected, and it never took more than 3 days.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

I think home schooling is an excellent solution to any problem one might have with the schools, and all puns aside tip of the hat to you for that.

Thanks. We're really seeing positive benefits from it.

I also kind of get the tradition argument- really- because I'm quite unreasonably supportive of my old high school mascot, the Rajahs, and even our bitter rivals, the Arabs.

That being said there are some American traditions that need to change- like poorly supervised schools and juvenile diabetes.

I wish schools would concentrate on reading, writing, arithmetic, history, instead of diet. I also believe that since many schools have removed PE, the problems have gotten worse. Have the kids run for 45 minutes and what they have for lunch becomes a moot point.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

People are angry because people are complaining about government taking away a 40 year tradition.

Sounds to me like you're saying that pink cookies are an entitlement.

Isn't that what you are saying?

I'm saying that the school should offer it, but no-one is entitled to eat it. It should be a choice. (you are pro-choice, aren't you?)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

If your dad tried that now he'd be paid a visit by the truancy officer and threatened with arrest.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Bone75 because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Both this and Bone75's quote contained therein- spot on.

I actually hadn't heard the no talking in the cafeteria thing. I knew Marine Corps recruits who couldn't wrap their heads around that one... and yet somehow I suspect that Gunnery Sergeant Houchins' quaterdeck might not have been as humiliating as what the children probably get for the same offense, if my experience with schools is any indicator.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I wish schools would concentrate on reading, writing, arithmetic, history, instead of diet. I also believe that since many schools have removed PE, the problems have gotten worse. Have the kids run for 45 minutes and what they have for lunch becomes a moot point.

But what if I don't want my kid to run for 45 minutes? What nerve of the government to tell my kid he has to run for 45 minutes! I only want my kid to run for 30 minutes, because my kid doesn't eat pink cookies.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No that happened. I wasn't even asked to leave the room before dad stood over the still seated officer and read him the riot act in hand-waving profanity riddled Chicago english.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Why does the school need to have something that is terrible on there menu, if kids need that kind of food the parents should pay for it at home, its a bad choice and most parents even here in canada dont understand the affects of that much sugar and calories on kids that dont play outside anymore.

School used to be about educating people, now its just a place for kids to hang out while mom and dad slave away to afford stuff we dont even need.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I find this incredibly amusing. A bunch of adults on a conspiracy site arguing about pink cookies. We really wil argue about anything.

P.S. I know it's not about the cookie, at least for most of you

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think there's a subliminal draw to the subject that has nothing to do with snackfood. Whether it's strictly political or political and also immature depends on whether the rest of you have sunk to my level also and just done as well about not articulating it to any offensive degree. (chew on it, it'll come to you)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Why am I not surprised.... the same prez who goes golfing anytime SHTF??

How 'bout he stole rights from US Citizens months ago under a CONGRESS PASSED bill that BASICALY said that US CITIZENS have NO CONSTITUTIONAL rights overseas.......look it up if you want to. Right around early spring.

So that means that regular citizens, reporters, etc HAVE NO US REIGHTS by current law. We however are still obligated to protect diplomats, embassies, oil execs, etc.

If ISIS wants to blow shiite up. I suggest they start in DC first.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Why does the school need to have something that is terrible on there menu, if kids need that kind of food the parents should pay for it at home, its a bad choice and most parents even here in canada dont understand the affects of that much sugar and calories on kids that dont play outside anymore.

It's all about choice and the freedom to choose, I suppose.

School used to be about educating people, now its just a place for kids to hang out while mom and dad slave away to afford stuff we dont even need.

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What choice to slowly kill your kids with high sugar and making sure they cost alot more in healthcare because they have diabities or asthma, what kinda off choice is that. You guys sure do want to have all the freedoms but dont want to pay for it.

You know the easy fix, more money for education and healthcare, and voila people will have a happier future.
edit on 22-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

A cookie won't kill a child.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: palmalBlue2

I don't know if anyone else is catching on, but all leaders vanish when something goes wrong. Putin goes to the Black Sea (though I suppose that's no way to get away from the whole Crimea thing), Bush went to Crawford to practice deforestation as a hobby, Obama makes a sport of trying to be sub par. I'm pretty sure it's a sign that they aren't really in charge and don't want to be seen watching CNN with baited breath to see what happens.

But shouldn't we really bring this back around to pink cookies in some way? Preferably without sending ISIS after the school lunch room?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The reason they stopped the 40 year old pink cookie tradition is indoctrination into government views, its plain and simple. It is part of the common core, the one that now teaches progressive agendas. Obama did not steal a cookie, he stole an election with lies. I will admit, Obama didn't create this nightmare we live in, we did it by allowing politicians to do as they please, including lying to us.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I wish we had the same rights. I'm in Illinois, and as a young student my Boy was kicked out of school for something they THOUGHT he was going to do! Seriously! We had a meeting at school, along with his juvenile Probation officer, yes he got put on probation over this, and the P.O said that my son needed a better role model! Right with me sitting 10 feet from the P.O.! I was pissed but bit my tongue and took my boy out of the principles office! They said "you can't walk out of this meeting." I said, "Watch Me"!!......

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Easy example, try to follow me here, i pay more in insurance and healtcare because i smoke, smoking is a bad bad thing.

A high sugar diet is a bad bad thing right, hope your still following me.

So my freedom cost me more, its my choice.

Now by your definition, you should be allowed to do whatever you want, complain about it, and not pay for it.

Am i right

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, I'm wondering why for 40 years, they only offered the cookie in pink? Why not offer a choice of colors? Those pinko commies.

Come to think of it, they should be offering a multitude of choices for the types of food in the lunchroom. Every day, they should offer you a choice of Mexican, Chinese, American, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. And they should have cookies in every color of the rainbow, and every kind of cake and pie there is. Where are all of our choices? How can we have the freedom to choose if they don't offer ALL the possible food choices each and every day?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join