Obama Steals Cookie from Child!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah...the title is meant to get attention, but it is true! A school in Elyria Ohio was forced to remove a 40 year, traditional pink cookie from the lunchroom thanks to interference by the Obama administration. Apparently, the cookie has more than 200 calories and therefore, isn't permitted at lunch.

FoxNews

I'm so fed up (no pun intended) with the government sticking their noses in people's personal business. Is this what we WANT from government? Do we want them to decide what we can and can't eat? Do we have to sit there and have some jackass spoon feed us what THEY decide is appropriate like some freakin' baby? Government shouldn't have ANY say over what we do, or what we allow our children to do as long as it is legal. THAT...is not freedom.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What i don't understand is the government saying too many calories are bad and restrict them but out of the other side of their mouth they are willing to feed poisons to children

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is the final straw!!!! MUTINY

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Looks like yet another Progressive trick to keep people "in line".

If it's not one thing it's always something else.

School children in Elyria, Ohio are mourning the demise of a 40-year tradition – the loss of their beloved pink cookie. The fabled cookie, long served in local school cafeterias, was done in by a pound of butter, six cups of powdered sugar and the Obama administration’s food police.

“It no longer meets the national school lunch program guidelines for snacks,” said Amy Higgins, the spokesperson for Elyria City Schools. “It has too many calories.”

And after 40 years, somebody *All-of-a-Sudden* says this is a problem !!!!!!!

Progressive.Payoff.Science

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

What i don't understand is the government saying too many calories are bad and restrict them but out of the other side of their mouth they are willing to feed poisons to children

I bit my tongue!

Thanks for saying what I didn't!

Hypocrisy at its most disgusting level.......

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Having the same sort of problem at my kids elementary school. They are now using ALL & ONLY wheat...Well, besides myself, I know more people allergic to wheat then say, white bread. So my boys can never buy lunch because neither could tolerate wheat....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wait...how is this something the FEDS should be involved with in the first place? Shouldn't they do something like defend the border or bomb brown people and leave our young kids alone?

Maybe Bloomberg got to Obama. Ban anything that isn't GMO poison!

Ugh.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I lost the plot at 40 year old pink cookie, calories or no. Three different jokes tried to fire from the same neuron simultaneously.

It is unfortunate that the law can be so inflexible towards small institutions and completely unwilling to tackle people who package things that aren't technically food as food, but any step away from the current school climate of treating children as a captive market and upselling them while they are away from parental supervision is positive.

There will always be pink cookies, and they can be had at better quality and prices than any school will ever be capable of offering. Take responsibility for your child, send the little tyke a proper meal with a treat that you chose for them because you wanted to make them happy. They'll thank you for it. Don't sensationalize the fact that you can't just lay 3 bucks on the counter and let him fend for himself in a heavily exploited monopolized marketplace.

The way I see it, if the government is going to require children to be turned over to their care on a daily basis (which is highly questionable anyway) then they have a duty to exemplify the responsibility that they are constantly preaching to the masses- they should be providing the most beneficial nutrition and nothing else at the absolute best price possible, no upsells, no frills, here's your green veggie and your starch and your meat in appropriate proportion, sit the hell down and eat it and tell your parents that you don't like eating right and want a bag full of cookies instead of lunch money tomorrow... then we'll probably place a phone call to your parents just to be sure you haven't pulled a fast one if by some miracle you actually do show up with a bag of cookies in lieu of nutrition, because you know what the reasonable answer really is.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was just telling my 15 year old daughter about this and she commented that at her school, they began replacing some food with vegetables and wheat pasta that (obviously) our taxes pay for. She claims most of the kids dump it in the trash and don't eat it. So...there goes more of my money into the trash can.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Either they should remove all sugar products and animal products from schools, or teach classes on what those substances do to the human body. Sugar is a highly addictive substance (I'm a total addict, which I why I don't eat it), and to sell or give it to young children has a ring of ignorance and/or/if non-caring about it (but that's ok, everyone does it).

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Either they should remove all sugar products and animal products from schools, or teach classes on what those substances do to the human body. Sugar is a highly addictive substance (I'm a total addict, which I why I don't eat it), and to sell or give it to young children has a ring of ignorance and/or/if non-caring about it (but that's ok, everyone does it).

Or maybe...original idea...let their PARENTS DECIDE?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Can't blame the gov't for that. Even the Fonz ate his veggies.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The parents can decide. The school can't sell the children empty calories as if they being fattened for slaughter. Parents are still welcome to do so. Of course it's a safe bet that they won't, not because they don't care, just because they don't care enough not to go the easiest possible way, which is whatever the school is giving to every kid who shows up with a couple bucks in lieu of a lovingly prepared meal.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Before my budget got tight, I would eat lunch with my kids at their school most every Friday. I personally saw how school lunches got progressively worse as the school budgets got tight as well.

I understand you don't want micromanagement. Unless a person is sending their children to school with lunch, the food was grade E discusting.

You can get around this with a Drs note. However, if you go this route your child won't be able to participate in the holiday specialties. Once in a while having a treate is not able to get around the drs note

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Aleister

Or maybe...original idea...let their PARENTS DECIDE?

The parents also have been raised on sugar and animal products back in their school/goldenrule days. It's indoctrination by funding and repetition (first one isn't even free), and in the U.S. the government subsidizes the milk and cheese so the farm and big-agra lobbies can live happily ever after. But like I said, no problem, everyone does it. The Obama administration can't rock the boat on this one, because they are saying "only so much" when they could be saying "come on folks, none of this is healthy, and is in fact just the opposite", so the boat sails on .....into the next generation.....and the next...."Gramps, why did people allow sugary caffeinated fizz water sold to children?" "I dunno".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In my day(yes, old foggie post) we could go home for lunch. And we did. Mom's cooking. Hot lunch every day. Even in high school I'd drive home for lunch. I don't think kids are allowed to leave school grounds now though. And this was obviously before it took both parents to work to provide for the family.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I was just telling my 15 year old daughter about this and she commented that at her school, they began replacing some food with vegetables and wheat pasta that (obviously) our taxes pay for. She claims most of the kids dump it in the trash and don't eat it. So...there goes more of my money into the trash can.

Are you surprised? I remember that junk they used to classify as food and feed us. Now they switch to "healthy" and we all know most of that is notoriously bad tasting. i could imagine what a healthy classed school lunch would taste like

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My kids come home repeatedly asking how the school takes the same ingredients and make food blah. I'm Héloise of their holiday catering though, that come from a local restaurant.

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Are you surprised? I remember that junk they used to classify as food and feed us. Now they switch to "healthy" and we all know most of that is notoriously bad tasting. i could imagine what a healthy classed school lunch would taste like

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I guess the intentions are right, obesity is a massive problem in most Western countries. This however is another example of governments doing an easy thing (literally taking candy from children) rather than more effective, difficult strategies targeting the food industry and local politics.

Banning sugary/fatty food adverts from children's channels; challenging companies on whether they are marketing dangerous foods to children, discouraging TV watching in general and encouraging more physical activities, providing more community activities and events for families, strictly monitoring what gets put into food and drinks ( it surprised me going to USA that fruit drinks contain no fruit!), and ensuring children are educated on the dangers of obesity.

All of these are better and less restrictive strategies than this calory intake rule. It's probably a political move though; means they can preach that they are trying to do something about it.

edit on 22-8-2014 by twfau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The parents DO decide. They can let their kids eat at school or make their lunch themselves.

The fabled cookie, long served in local school cafeterias, was done in by a pound of butter, six cups of powdered sugar
Reading the recipe along could result in a sugar rush: butter, sour cream, powered sugar, Crisco,granulated sugar.

No wonder kids love it! It's pure crap! I make a DELICIOUS peanut-butter cookie for 90 calories. They could have two in a package!

There have ALWAYS been government regulations on the food at schools. Remember ketchup was considered a vegetable?

If you're going to send your kid to public school, free of charge, and the government provides free lunches to students, they have the right to regulate what they serve. (Yeah, I know, you pay taxes, but so do I and I don't even HAVE kids.)

If you don't want your kid to have to follow these guidelines, make their lunch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join