It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIGH ALERT: Homeland Security/FBI issue a warning to U.S. police urging them to be vigilant to poten

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

no problem

:-)

just one more little bit of weirdness in a growing list

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I totally agree with that and stated so. It's not about IS coming to America but about IS sympathizers within the states...that was the whole point of the bulletin. I mean, if some kid can shoot up a movie theater or a school, what can a sympathizer do?!?

I believe the full bulletin makes reference to IS using online recruiting methods. I guess we'll see if the great and powerful NSA can figure out who's viewing these videos and perhaps stop any sympathizers before they act. We'll see.

In my first post on this thread I made mention about a revolution...If IS recruits enough sympathizers there very well could be a revolution. According to Patheos.com:

The biggest mosque totals are in these metropolitan areas: New York City (192), southern California (120), Chicago (90), Philadelphia (63), Detroit (62), San Francisco Bay (62), Atlanta (55), northern New Jersey (53), Houston (42), and Dallas-Fort Worth (39). States with the most mosques are: New York (257), California (246), Texas (166), Florida (118), Illinois (109), New Jersey (109), Pennsylvania (99), Michigan (77), Georgia (69), and Virginia (62).

So I would think these cities would be the start of that revolution...IF...they could get enough recruits/sympathizers to actually pull something like this off. But (and there's always a but) it wouldn't take much for Americans to give up more of our freedoms...several coordinated attacks in major cities might do it though.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Trust me, you have not yet seen the beginning of "weirdness"... Pray you never do.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I haven't had the internet for almost a month now due to a move. I have been watching alot of T.V..

I was watching the Ferguson, Mo situation showing live feed. And as the the reporter was reporting a man behind was showing a sign saying "ISIS Here". I jumped out of my chair to see if I was reading what I was reading. Waited for someone on CNN to comment on the sign, and of course, not a word.

I couldn't wait to get on line to see if others had seen what I had.

Just got the internet hooked up this morning, and here I am and here is the proof I saw what what I saw.

Damn, In my opinion, with the comments made by Hagel and others concerns about this matter. This is a real concern. It makes me alittle nervous.

I guess what I have learned more than anything is, without access to the internet, alot of people have really no clue what is going on.

I think I would rather have my access to cooking gas turned off before I let them mess with my internet.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: waverlyhills

$ $ $$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $$ MONEY$ $ $ $ $ $$ $ $ $ $$ $ $
President Dwight Eisenhower famously warned the U.S. about the "military–industrial complex" in his farewell address.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
I haven't had the internet for almost a month now due to a move........
I think I would rather have my access to cooking gas turned off before I let them mess with my internet.

Did you know N.K. tried to take out China in the past month?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Wait, are you saying we must crusade against all evil everywhere, or that we should crusade against the middle east because evil is there?

Evil could be anything, it could be nothing- we can't prove the tangible existence of it. Perhaps I'll fall back on my old utilitarian philosophical bent and whatever makes me unhappy will be the closest thing to evil I believe in- I could frame it as collective happiness and do some moral algebra to "prove" what's best for everyone... But that's how I ended up supporting the last war and now we've got a lot of great people missing limbs and nothing to show for it.

There's more to know than anyone can know, more to balance than anyone can balance, more lies than anyone can ferret out. The best a person can do is to apply their experience and understanding such as it is to the things they actually have influence over.

My experience and understanding says the government's warnings come to nothing. It says I can be out of my mind intoxicated with Yemini smugglers who the voice in the back of my mind shamefully suspects of being sleepers and leave safely as long as I don't mess with them, and they'll eventually go back home having exacted nothing from the US but salvaged cars, pirated movies, assorted drugs and a fist full of dollars. But the same is not true of government officials.

I'm not laying back and praying for luck, I'm going about my business confidently and checking my back occasionally. I see trouble, and ok, lets go get some, but I'm not going to empower a stranger in DC or the middle east out of fear and inuendo again. The devil himself will neither make me cross the street nor make me fight him until I see him do something I want to stop and find worthwhile. If I had to take every far away suggestion of evil from the internet as imminent I'd lose my whole life tracking down guys who were just getting their lulz at my expense.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I neither feel derided nor wish to deride you. I take your beliefs to be your own and sincere, and part of my volunteer role on ATS is to try and combat that kind of petty knee-jerk accusation that discourages new members- and the stars and flags come to us all eventually and stop mattering soon after- our words are our substance here and the rest is fake jewellery. (I dint even have 16 mil stars, that's a glitch that affects some older members for reasons nobody has been able to explain to me).

All that being said, as I said In my recent reply to another member, all I can do is play the odds as my experience and understanding dictate. It's never too late. We've taken it on the chin before and still won the fight, and that was an America that everyone respected- even our enemies- we were a sleeping giant not to be trifled with and we were happy. Now we are a hyperactive paranoid giant on the rampage, and everyone can see that we are pitiful and getting winded- a dying elephant- still nothing to count coup on but a dinner waiting to happen for circling vultures. But an elephant can't gore a circling vulture. He would wear himself down and dinner would come early. We need to regain our cool and refocus on our own strength and health and prosperity. We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mexican border? Don't most of these folk carry dual citizenships they can just fly on in on their Australian or British passports. I've entered the US via Canada and legally and been told there was no record of my entrance to the USA.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

President Dwight Eisenhower famously warned the U.S. about the "military–industrial complex" in his farewell address.

en.wikipedia.org...

[/

And there's this also

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm starting to miss the old threat of the Godless Commies. Ever since Vietnam and the Nixon 'I'm Not A Crook' debacle, you just don't hear much about Godless Commies anymore.

Oh sure, you had your 'Evil Empire' speeches (who's the Evil Empire now?) and your 'Tear Down This Wall' speeches, but all in all, I miss that one stable Red Menace thingie. Years and years of knowing just who the enemy was and where they were, and at least they didn't have the cowardly tactic of hiding in caves... we knew right where to aim the ICBMs at, and everything...

Boy, those were the good old days before the Pentagon got ever better at spreading freedum all over the world, one Federal Reserve financed bomb at a time.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

When the shepherd gets scared, the sheep start to panic. That's what I see here.

They aren't identifying any credible threats because they're not sure there are any. They just want to scare the general population. Fear sells, but I am not buying it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Somehow, I missed this thread. Interesting.

Maybe there's a different reason for this news.

You never know.

edit on 31-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join